Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 21-07-2014, 08:42
Misty08
Forum Member

Not the least bit surprised about Les, who always came across as a lovely man. I'm happy to hear about Steve, who comes in for a lot of criticism, but who I always feel is one of the good guys really. As for Nick Hancock, I don't think we have heard the story of what made him a "tosser", but I don't think failing to chat to a studio audience warrants putting him in the "not very nice" camp!
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-07-2014, 10:11
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

I quite literally trod on Lisa Riley at Picadilly station on Friday.

She was very kind and gracious about it (but very, very orange)
21stCenturyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 09:53
Semillion
Forum Member

My parents won a trip to New York in 1978 and stayed at the swish Carlyle Hotel and witnessed up close Danny Kaye being deeply unpleasant to a male front desk receptionist. Dad was shattered as he'd always loved Kaye's films.
Semillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 12:16
Fayecorgasm
Forum Member

I went to comicon in manchester at the weekend and I've always had a bit of a crush on Chris Barrie , My friends had downloaded a picture of him in the episode where hes being rubbed down by the Gelfs , I bottled out of getting it signed but my friend took it up and he was a real gent signed the photo to Faye Im ready for my rub down even thoughinside he must have been thinking I was some mad stalker , perv . all the Red Dwarf people who were there came across very well
Fayecorgasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 23:22
Glenn A
Forum Member

Hughie Green is often reviled these days, but my grandparents went to see him at an Opportunity Knocks roadshow in 1974 and said he was excellent with the people at Butlins and very kind to old people and children. I think away from his private life, he was always excellent to his fans.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 02:14
STEWPOT01
Forum Member

Hughie Green is often reviled these days, but my grandparents went to see him at an Opportunity Knocks roadshow in 1974 and said he was excellent with the people at Butlins and very kind to old people and children. I think away from his private life, he was always excellent to his fans.
That was his public side which was all false. I know of somebody who auditioned for the show back in the 60s. Green was a horrible man, and let's just say that winning the show as not exactly 'above board'.
STEWPOT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 19:04
Glenn A
Forum Member

That was his public side which was all false. I know of somebody who auditioned for the show back in the 60s. Green was a horrible man, and let's just say that winning the show as not exactly 'above board'.
He had this sort of veneer of charm towards old people and children, as he knew he couldn't afford to bite the hand that fed him, when his personal life was in turmoil. I did hear Green used to lock the winners into a golden handcuffs deal with him, which meant he controlled their careers.
Glenn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 19:11
STEWPOT01
Forum Member

He had this sort of veneer of charm towards old people and children, as he knew he couldn't afford to bite the hand that fed him, when his personal life was in turmoil. I did hear Green used to lock the winners into a golden handcuffs deal with him, which meant he controlled their careers.
That's spot on Glenn. It was because of that the person I knew told Green where to go and he carved out a nice career for himself on the continent and is still there today, unless he has retired.
Old 28-07-2014, 21:54
Tbell
Inactive Member

Hughie Green died years ago.
Tbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 22:03
STEWPOT01
Forum Member

Hughie Green died years ago.
???

I was referring to my friend, NOT Hughie Green, and at no point did I make it appear so. Why don't some people read things thoroughly before answering?
Old 28-07-2014, 22:09
sheila blige
Forum Member

My parents won a trip to New York in 1978 and stayed at the swish Carlyle Hotel and witnessed up close Danny Kaye being deeply unpleasant to a male front desk receptionist. Dad was shattered as he'd always loved Kaye's films.
My dad worked at a large central Liverpool Hotel years ago (a really, really long time ago) and came into contact with him. From what dad told us - I'm not surprised by your post.
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 22:14
Tbell
Inactive Member

I apologise, SREWPOT01. I misunderstood your post. It happens sometimes - sorry that it's clearly angered you.
Tbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 00:34
Pizzatheaction
Forum Member

I apologise, SREWPOT01. .
Do you mean that most sincerely?
Pizzatheaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 01:45
Danny_Girl
Forum Member

A few years ago a friend of mines sister who was a huge cricket fan was in the final stages of terminal cancer. One of her mates was on a cricket tour abroad following the England team at the time and met Freddie Flintock (playing) and Ian Botham (commentating) in a bar. When he told them of her situation they immediately got her phone number and called. Apparently they were both just lovely and spent 15 to 20 minutes talking to her. I know from my friend that this simple phone call made such a difference to her, it literally shone a ray of light at time when there only seemed to be darkness and her family still talk about it now.

It does frustrate me when you hear about celebrities that are total tossers in real life. They fail to understand what a gift they have been given and how easily they can make such a positive affect on people's lives.
Danny_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 13:21
casualtyno1fan
Forum Member

I haven't met any celebs myself, but my Dad has met Joanna Lumley a few times and said she's the nicest woman he's ever met, and my friend met Daniel Radcliffe last year when he was doing a play in London (can't remember the name of it) and said he's a really lovely man.
casualtyno1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 23:22
hopwoodl
Forum Member

Someone told me last week that Justin Fletcher, aka Mr Tumble is a terrible diva (this will only mean something to parents with toddlers-sorry)
hopwoodl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 16:46
Yorkshire2
Forum Member

I'm not sure I'd want to meet any of celebs I like as it would colour how I see them on screen if they're scumbags
Anyone met Bradley Walsh/ Clare Calbraith/any of Brookside or Heartbeat cast
I met Jenna Coleman after the theatre in the pub. She was pleasant and had pic taken. She even laughed when I said she was wanted for murder in Emmerdale!
Yorkshire2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 16:49
tommYHYH
Forum Member

I bumped into Gabriella Cilmi in London a few years ago - she was genuinely nice and friendly. No hesistations about stopping for a chat and taking a few pics

Vin Diesel completely ignored me when I wanted an autograph because I didn't have a photo of him to sign - I just had an autograph book.
tommYHYH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 22:15
Valerian
Forum Member

I'm not sure I'd want to meet any of celebs I like as it would colour how I see them on screen if they're scumbags
Anyone met Bradley Walsh/ Clare Calbraith/any of Brookside or Heartbeat cast
I met Jenna Coleman after the theatre in the pub. She was pleasant and had pic taken. She even laughed when I said she was wanted for murder in Emmerdale!
My sister worked with Bradley Walsh at STV doing Wheel of Fortune,
top bloke. I think he has a great sense of humour, he cracks me up
Valerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 23:48
Snow.drop
Forum Member

Someone told me last week that Justin Fletcher, aka Mr Tumble is a terrible diva (this will only mean something to parents with toddlers-sorry)
Awww really! He comes across as such a lovely man. Disappointed
Snow.drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 23:56
jonmorris
Forum Member

As long as that's all he is!
jonmorris is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 00:11
nittynattynoo
Forum Member

Awww really! He comes across as such a lovely man. Disappointed
I've met Justin fletcher a couple of times and he was lovely both times, really polite and chatty couldn't thank everyone enough for waiting to see him and chatted with all the kids that were excited to see him
nittynattynoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 00:32
hopwoodl
Forum Member

I've met Justin fletcher a couple of times and he was lovely both times, really polite and chatty couldn't thank everyone enough for waiting to see him and chatted with all the kids that were excited to see him
Someone I know is very good friends with someone in children's tv and it's with his peers he's like this apparently, especially at awards shows. Apparently seems to think he's better than everyone else. No idea if this is just perception though
hopwoodl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 00:38
dekaf
Forum Member

My sister worked with Bradley Walsh at STV doing Wheel of Fortune,
top bloke. I think he has a great sense of humour, he cracks me up
I am so relieved to hear that. I would have been so disappointed if he wasn't very nice.
dekaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 00:24
Yorkshire2
Forum Member

I am so relieved to hear that. I would have been so disappointed if he wasn't very nice.
He does seem person you could have a pint with
Yorkshire2 is offline   Reply With Quote