Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 17-05-2010, 14:51
Takeachancex
Forum Member

Dermot O'Leary: He is absolutely lovely, such a genuine guy and was having a joke with us all, love him !
Louis Walsh: He is really funny
Keith Lemon/Leigh Francis: I thought he might be a bit of a tw*t but he was genuinely soooo lovely ! Was pleasantly surprised
James Cordon: Very friendly
JLS: They were in a bit of a rush but Marvin stopped and he was lovely

Eastenders actors:
Scott Maslen: SUCH a nice guy, really really lovely. I met him at the NTAs whilst behind the bars on the red carpet bit, and whilst most of the celebrities had their drivers drive them up to the top bit, he stopped his driver and got out right at the beginning and walked the rest so he could sign more autographs, pictures. Plus when we took a picture and it didn't turn out right I asked if we could take another one and he was like 'yeah sure ' soooo sweet (and gorgeous )
Jake Wood: So so lovely
Thomas Law: Such a sweet guy
Charlie G Hawkins: Very friendly
Devon Anderson: Got a bit of a bad vibe off him.. might have just been a bad day though.
Kara Tointin: Really nice but at first we thought she was ignoring us when we asked for a picture but turns out she just didn't hear us haha
Adam Woodyatt: He was alright, not particularly friendly but in no way nasty or horrible
June Brown: Lovely lady ! Really friendly
Takeachancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-05-2010, 14:52
Vivadiva
Forum Member

God help you if you're a young male actor in the same room as Savident. The phrase "party hands" comes to mind. A sex pest, to say the least.
Like when he took that young man who stabbed him back to his house to talk about 'the theatre.'
Vivadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 19:14
redlippy
Forum Member

Celia Imrie - lovliest lady ever. spent ages chatting and she bought me a drink. such a friendly, chatty, warm person.
redlippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 19:15
MsBehaviour
Forum Member

I've heard so many bad stories about Timmy Mallett, I think it's definitely a case of no smoke without fire!
Very true...

a few years ago I passed him in Camden High Street - just as a kid asked for his autograph and he brusquely told him to "f_ck off" and marched on,,,
MsBehaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 19:24
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

Very true...

a few years ago I passed him in Camden High Street - just as a kid asked for his autograph and he brusquely told him to "f_ck off" and marched on,,,
to paraphrase timmy, " who the **** is he"

I've never heard of him lol
sorcha_healy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 19:28
MsBehaviour
Forum Member

I did some of the XF tour & found it the opposite way round...Jedward were quite rude and only wanted to speak to their 'regular' fans who followed them round the country...even heard one of them say "Who are all these randoms who think they can ask for a picture?"! lol

Whereas Olly was extremely lovely and gracious everytime...have met him now several times and he's always been lovely above and beyond expectations! Even had a few shout outs on his FB and Twitter afterwards! x
Oh how times have changed...:

On the Monday of the first week the X Factor finalists were in the house, Mr B & I were having a fag outside a cafe in Golders Green Road when the entire group of boys came by. Jedward bounced up, full of their new found fame, and offered their autographs to Mr B. Mr B didn't have a clue who they were and they simply got his classic dazed and confused look, as I turned away cringing. Nevertheless they progressed onto the Next 'Choice' clothes shop, where the shop assistants came out and were treated to thier autographs (whether they wanted them or not I think )
MsBehaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 19:30
boddism
Forum Member

i wasn't expecting that at all, i just think she could have been nicer about the whole situation, she was more bothered about having photographs taken by the press for magazines and papers rather then spending time with the fans, whereas other celebrities there had the complete opposite idea and told the photographers straight that they were currently talking to fans.
Yes, but I think from her POV she's already given you some time, and now it was the press's time. Its not like she refused to allow pictures, or blanked you. She just gave you a short space of time, then had to move on elsewhere. When a celeb is at an event there'd be loads of people wanting piccies so they cant dwell too long with someone.

Yes she brushed you off, but not before giving you some time for a shot, so therefore I dont think her behaviour was too out of order..
boddism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 20:57
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Celia Imrie - lovliest lady ever. spent ages chatting and she bought me a drink. such a friendly, chatty, warm person.

Ooooh, that's good to hear. Lucky you! I love Celia Imrie- she's one of my very favourites. Would love to meet her.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 14:33
LemonadeMan

A friend of mine partied in the VIP section of Lillys bordello nightclub in dublin with Brandon flowers,.

he was apparently a really lovely guy and she had drinks bought for her all night long
I cant say I have really met this person or that they are famous but here goes

Where my stables are a lot of the Emmerdale lot live in my village. So there I was driving out of the farm and the gate was shut, I heard this geordie voice shout " Hi pet you want me to get this for you?" Thanks so much I replied as I passed she said " I will close it for you pet no need to get out" how lovely, and she was so nice, and it was the lady that plays Val Pollard
Liam Neeson helped pick gloop out of my hair when I was about 11. Much of Rob Roy was filmed where I live and I befriended the directors daughter, Daisy. She was a bit of a bitch but I thought it was ace that her dad was a director so thought I'd just put up with her cowness.

One night I stayed over at the house her family were renting whilst filming and Daisy through this toy gloopy stuff at me. It all went in my hair and was like chewing gum. I started going crazy at her screaming (I had such beautiful hair) and her parents came running to see what happened. Her mum took me to another room to try and save my hair and then Liam Neeson walked in. I was in a bit of a state and he sat down next to me and started to help pick this crap of my hair. He was such a lovely dad type.

My hair had to be cut short to get rid of the stuff but I guess it's my own fault for being such a fame whore! Plus Liam Neeson touched my hair and said it was pretty!
I just posted on the thread about Judy Finnegan and realised that I'd not commented here about Richard Madeley - probably because they are near neighbours and I don't tend to think about their 'celebrity' much. I just want to say that, although I never see Judy, Richard is always out and about. He seems a thoroughly nice guy - always as cheery as he appears in the media - locals don't tend to greet him, but he always smiles/waves/says hello when he sees you!

We also see Jonathan Ross, who lives on the other side of the Hampstead Heath extension and is sometimes out there with kids & dogs. I've never spoken to him, but he is always getting involved in local events (fetes, prizegivings etc.) and, although I don't think much of his TV persona, I can say he does his bit for the local community. You can always spot his wife - she's the only person around here with flourescent magenta hair...
i also met Zooey Deschanel in a coffee shop on the upper west side of manhattan. she was filming Gigantic there. my girlfriend worked as a barista in a coffee shop there and i was helping her open up early one morning when zooey came dashing in looking a coffee as she'd had it with the crappy trailer stuff. she was totally down to earth and really nice. got the most brilliant blue eyes. she stayed a while to get some information on belfast as she knew she'd be filming soon. i said she should give me a yell when she got hear but she never did
I love all these stories.
LemonadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 15:11
ILoveDS
Forum Member

Met most of the 2009 X Factor contestants.
Olly was being very impatient when he was with the fans, seemed like he wanted to get on the coach. Lucie was nice and took pics with the fans. Same with Joe, Danyl and Jamie. Stacey said to some people that she would take pics but she needed to put her suitcases in the coach first but she got on the coach and didn't come back out!
John & Edward were lovely took pictures and talked to their fans even though were rushed.

JLS are also nice, they took the time to speak to their fans and take pictures.
ILoveDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 19:02
MrBing
Forum Member

Lady GaGa.

She is so sweet I think I got diabetes just being in her presence.

Me and my brother were on our way home from seeing out old friends in Leeds, and in town she was right there in Starbucks. I nearly died. She was being stared at through the window by a group of starstruck kids, she turned around and grinned and waved at them.

At this point I was thinking I would never have this oppurtunity again, so we went over along with about 15 other people. She was being sooo nice, hugging everyone, singing things. Poor women just went in to get a coffee, and all of a sudden she's surrounded by a group of hysterical teenagers.

I raised the "Monster claw" to her (nobody else had done it) and she immediately looked up at me smiling and she said "Aww a mini-monster" and hugged me. I'm quite short.

Obviously she couldn't, but you get that vibe from her that she could've just stayed there talking with us for hours.

I know this sounds sad, but I miss her, I genuinely feel like she's a friend I haven't seen in ages.
MrBing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 19:16
Rogana Josh
Forum Member

Met Mick Jagger several times and he was one of the most educated and well-mannered blokes you could meet.
Rogana Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 12:31
supershopper
Forum Member

Met Mick Jagger several times and he was one of the most educated and well-mannered blokes you could meet.
My ex used to work with the Rolling Stones as a driver and he has said the same thing many many times.
supershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14
mychmose
Forum Member

How could Derek Acorah be nice if he scams people for a living?

I have not really met any celebrities myself apart from local radio djs and stuff who will mean nothing to most people but friends and family have met the following celebrities and this is what they thought of them:

Nice:
David Beckham
Sir Alex Fergusson (this came from my dad who is a Liverpool fan so he must be a genuinly nice man)
Steven Gerrard
Wayne Rooney
John Mills (grandparents met him many years ago and said he was very down to earth and not at all stuck up spoke to everyone)

Not Nice
Yvette Fielding. Apparently she is a bit of a cow to work for on Most Haunted. Why do you think the other people on the show don't stick around very long? Allegedly she got rid of Derek Acorah not because he was a fake but because she thought he was becoming the star of the show- Derek on the other hand is meant to be a nice man.

Any more stories like this?
mychmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:46
emzi27
Forum Member

How could Derek Acorah be nice if he scams people for a living?
Wouldn't it make more sense if he was nice? You can only scam people if they trust you!
emzi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 15:26
kellygirl
Forum Member

When I was about 9 I met David Bowie at my uncle's stepgrandchild's christening. He was really friendly and warm to people but I think most everyone was overawed by him.
Also there was Annie Lennox and I heard she was a bit offish and just kept to her own gang. There was other people I was too young to really be star struck at although I would be now!

With my family I met Bill Wyman at Heathrow on route to Monte Carlo he was very nice, polite and friendly.
kellygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 15:42
WellHeyJude
Forum Member

Snooker players:

- Jimmy White (Gentleman)
- Joe Swail
- Paul Hunter (Top lad)
- Alex Higgins (Also was lovely. I also seen him drunk when Jimmy White was playing and he claimed he could go "go up those stairs and beat White with one hand" ::P

Football:

- Neil Lennon in a pub
- The guy who introduces the soaps here in NI - Julian someone
Julian is suposed to be up himself
WellHeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 16:41
Jerrica09
Forum Member

My sister lives in oxford and we were visiting from ireland when we saw lewis being filmed and saw lawrence fox

he seemed nice and is totally handsome
I live in Oxford too. We used to see John Thaw out filming a lot, he was lovely, a real gentleman.
Jerrica09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 17:16
MJ_lives
Forum Member

When I was about 9 I met David Bowie at my uncle's stepgrandchild's christening. He was really friendly and warm to people but I think most everyone was overawed by him.
So basically, you've met God
MJ_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 17:35
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

So basically, you've met God
that would be bono
sorcha_healy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 18:17
Alli-F
Forum Member

Nah, he just thinks he is!
Alli-F is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 18:19
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

When God has delusions of grandeur he thinks he's Bono
Eddie Badger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 22:57
pilipala321
Forum Member

I met Noel Gallagher 2 years ago

Noel: "just a little test, name your favourite Oasis song"
Me: "erm erm Columbia or Gas Panic"

He suddenly smiles and shakes my hand.
I then got his autograph and picture.

Noel: "if you'd have said Wonderwall then I'd have probably told you to piss off"

But he said it in a joking way, really cool, honest bloke.

I'm so thrilled to hear that he's nice and a laugh!

Not that exciting but I met David Dimbleby recently and he stayed and chatted to me and my friend who are interested in journalism and gave us advice even though he looked really tired and old.

My brother also met the Lostprophets when he was in a recording studio a few weeks ago and said that they were all lovely except for Ian Watkins who couldn't be bothered talking to a bunch of teenagers who were in awe of him.
pilipala321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 23:22
pinkbigbrother
Forum Member

Danny Jones from McFly-we took my little sister to a CD signing and she loves Danny but got really shy and went bright red. So he leaned over the table and said "Come here love you've come all this way" and put his arm round her for a photo.
pinkbigbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 23:44
MJ_lives
Forum Member

My brother also met the Lostprophets when he was in a recording studio a few weeks ago and said that they were all lovely except for Ian Watkins who couldn't be bothered talking to a bunch of teenagers who were in awe of him.
Aw, I love Ian Watkins. I have a friend who also met Lostprophets but he was nice to her. Maybe he was having an off-day?

Danny Jones from McFly-we took my little sister to a CD signing and she loves Danny but got really shy and went bright red. So he leaned over the table and said "Come here love you've come all this way" and put his arm round her for a photo.
That's so sweet of him. All of McFly seem lovely. I saw Tom at an airport once and lots of people were staring at him, and he waved and smiled at everyone, and helped someone get their luggage and was really lovely to these kids who went over and chatted to him
MJ_lives is offline   Reply With Quote