Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 08-06-2010, 18:30
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

This is taking the word "celebrity" to a new low but I met Bianca Gascoigne and Michelle Heaton in the bathroom of a club in Dublin

they seemed nice but I was drunk

Michelle has been tangoed to death though- she was like an oompa loompa
sorcha_healy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-06-2010, 18:48
sterock85
Forum Member

Friendly:

Ross Millard (Futureheads)....very friendly, down to earth. All of the band are the same. But i have met him a few more times.

Avril Lavigne (2003 & 2007): Shy on both occasions, less so the second time. Down to earth and friendly. Amazing face.

Lauren Laverne (2008): Friendly, Acted just like a normal regular person.

I'm not going to mention any less so friendly as they could have just been having a bad day plus i don't feel some of them are worthy of been talked about.
sterock85 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 19:40
jpadjackles
Forum Member

I met Jimmy Carr outside the Odeon Cinema in Sheffield last year when he was at the City Hall. He was genuinely lovely, and posed for pictures and signed autographs for me and my friends. He even recommended the film that he'd been to see.

I also met Michael Buble outside the same cinema on the 6th May, when he was at the Arena. I nearly fainted when he walked out while I was having a fag. He asked me for a light, and we stood there talking for about five minutes. Honest to God, I don't know how I managed to stand up. He was also one the of the nicest guys I've ever met and he's absolutely hilarious (basically, taking the pee out of the miserable English weather ). Turns out we'd been watching the same film. He took a photo with me and signed me my ticket stub (my most prized possession). He also asked me about the Wheel and whether it was any good, and also if I was going to his concert.

I've also met the Arctic Monkey's when they were performing locally. They seemed OK, just a bit hurried as we saw them as they were about to go on. The singer (can't remember his name) bought me and my mate a drink though, which was lovely.

During a trip to London, I bumped into Roger Federer and Andy Murray. Roger was lovely and seemed like a genuinely nice guy when I asked him for an autograph and wished him luck. Andy seemed a bit miserable, but he did sign me a tennis ball, so can't completely complain. Wish I'd have managed to see Rafael Nadal though.

Finally, I recently went to a Supernatural Convention in the US (birthday present for my 21st) and managed to meet Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Mark Pellegrino and Jim Beaver. They were all lovely people, they seemed to be happy to be there. Jared was a very funny guys, always making jokes, Jensen was a bit reserved (but he's known for being shy) and Misha was flippin' hilarious as well. Jim was an intelligent, respectful guy who was asking my cousin and I what we thought of America and if we were going to New York, DC etc. We got autographs and pictures and even a kiss from the boys. It was a lovely experience.

Last edited by jpadjackles : 08-06-2010 at 19:41. Reason: my dyslexia, fml...
jpadjackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:42
gav016

I've met one or two, noones ever been anything but nice ....

- A slightly drunk Diana Vickers was absolutely stunning, and totally pleasant when I met her in Glasgow.

- Mischa Barton sat behind me on a flight, and was surprisingly lovely, we had a nice little complain session about the rudeness of the cabin crew.

- Anna Kournikova was jaw-droppingly beautiful, as was Jamelia, who I didn't expect to be.

- Heidi Range and Jade Ewen were also incredibly nice, and listened and smiled throughout me and my best friend's incoherent excited shouting.
gav016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:17
NatalieP
Forum Member

I know they are not the most popular people but I met N Dubz at a book signing the other week. I am a big fan and seen them live so I was going for myself and another reason.

We all got a bit of paper saying the group weren't doing photos etc as they had so many people to sign books for.

I was hugely disappointed as I wanted to ask them to record a 'Good Luck' video message for my youth group who were to perform a dance/drama piece using some N Dubz songs in front of 300 people for the first time that weekend.

As I was approaching the group, Tulisa was being lovely and hugging all the youngsters that were getting all emotional at meeting them, Fazer was really nice, Dappy was fine just a bit quiet.

I got there and Fazer was really friendly so I blurted out about the dance group and they agreed to record a message. I played it to my young people just before their performance and their jaws just dropped in disbelief - it was brilliant!!

Sorry if it was a bit long winded but i'm still chuffed about it
NatalieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49
bringonthewall
Forum Member

We met Dean Andrews (Raymondo ) at Collectormania in Milton Keynes last weekend - he was lovely and very friendly. The queue to see him was probably the longest there that day; he had a chat with all the fans as well. (Me: "I thought John Simm might show up in the finale..." Dean: "Who?" )

At the same place, we also met Nicki Clyne and Michelle Forbes (Cally and Admiral Cain in BSG) who surprisingly had hardly any people queueing up. They were both happy to talk about the show with my very nerdy boyfriend for some time Sylvia Anderson (Lady Penelope) was quite nice too.
bringonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 13:23
minimina
Forum Member

Nice
Paul Smith (the designer) - was absolutely lovely. I interviewed him for a new magazine that wasn't well known at all and he generously gave us over an hour and offered us use of his Milan fashion week diary

Neil Morrissey (back in the Boon days) - went out drinking with him and a mutual friend. He was completely unpretentious

No so nice
Jools Holland - very off-hand and suspicious. I should be fair to him though as it was shortly after Paula Yates had died
minimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 18:31
eyesw/outaface
Forum Member

Stand-Up comedian Stewart Lee I found to be a rather nice chap. Met him before and after a small dig at The Hobby Horse in Hoxton. Very talkative even if a little stressed/fed up with the PA system and lack of bar service for the attendees.

Couldn't complain myself as it was free!

Eyes..
eyesw/outaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 15:03
soilhoof
Forum Member

Steve Coogan - down to earth and quiet when I met him - he was in the corner of a pub with two women and some kids and made a comment or funny face when passing us.

Gray O'Brien - Tony Gordon from 'Corrie' - standing with all the other punters in the very public 'Counting House' pub in Glasgow. He was shaking hands, having his picture taken and blending in.

Gerard Kelly - 'Bunny' in 'Extras' - the late Scottish actor was a regular at the King's panto here. Real charisma and biting wit.
soilhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 16:08
Mrs Mackintosh
Inactive Member

We met Dean Andrews (Raymondo )
You lucky devils, I love Deano. In the old days before he discovered Twitter he had his own site with a really good blog on it. He always responded to your comments and sent me a few really lovely e mails. What a gent.
Mrs Mackintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 00:05
Rutakateki
Forum Member

Bumped into Bill Bailey in the street a couple of years ago- he was utterly gracious in the face of my babbling fandom. I made an utter prat of myself, but he was lovely.

Met 60's crooner P.J. Proby when I was in the chorus of 'Joseph...' many years ago. An absolutely lovely man. Big heart, big personality.
Rutakateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:55
avidreader

We met Dean Andrews (Raymondo ) at Collectormania in Milton Keynes last weekend - he was lovely and very friendly. The queue to see him was probably the longest there that day; he had a chat with all the fans as well. (Me: "I thought John Simm might show up in the finale..." Dean: "Who?" )
You lucky devils, I love Deano. In the old days before he discovered Twitter he had his own site with a really good blog on it. He always responded to your comments and sent me a few really lovely e mails. What a gent.
I remember posting a comment on his blog and he sent me an email later that day, thanking me for the comment and being generally chatty. I thought it was lovely that he took the time to do that for his fans.

Never heard anything but good stuff about him.
avidreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 18:01
Jake2008
Forum Member

I cannot believe Gerard Kelly died! I thought he was brilliant in extras
Jake2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 17:39
crystal_meth
Inactive Member

I cannot believe Gerard Kelly died! I thought he was brilliant in extras
I'm not sure his brilliance was in any way related to his death?
crystal_meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:07
Cone
Forum Member

Lady Gaga - She was as nice as her security people would let her be but she seemed genuinely appreciative of her fans and happily smiled and chatted to us made me love her even more!
Jedward - So so nice! Always happy to chat, sign autographs and pose for photots
Olly Murs - Nice enough I guess... He signed autographs but didnt smile at all so I think this made everyone scared to ask for photos!
Joe McElderry - Heard good reports about him so was disappointed when he was horrible to us he got off the tour bus and we were all standing smiling at him but he was marched past us and looked at us like we'd just shot his granny
Stacey Soloman (x factor and iacgmooh) - she waved and smiled but didn't sign auographs or take photos
Danyl and Jamie from X Factor last year - Both really nice and signed loads of autographs and took loads of photos
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:53
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I cannot believe Gerard Kelly died!
Well of course, it's the least predictable thing in the world that someone should die!

looked at us like we'd just shot his granny
I don't know why, but that phrase really makes me laugh!
Phoenix Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 20:32
Deserana 12
Forum Member

I've met a tonne, my favourites being Zachary Levi, David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk, Alyson Hannigan and Ian Smith (Harold from Neighbours).

I've only met three people I didn't like. Elisabeth Rohm (from Angel and Law & Order, she was a bitch to a good friend of mine), Santiago Cabrera (Isaac from Heroes, just couldn't be bothered to even pretend to be nice) and Jodi Lyn O'Keefe from Prison Break who was just a complete and utter cow.
So glad about this Chuck is my favourite show. Then again I have never heard a bad word said against him (or the entire Chuck cast) apparently there all lovely. There was somebody I saw on the IMDB board who said they met him and he actually held a call just to talk to all his fans.
Deserana 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 22:14
hansiepansy
Forum Member

-I was talking to a sales assistant in HMV about a band that were due to perform an instore show and a thin man with dyed red hair joined in the conversation. I suddenly realised it was Thom Yorke from Radiohead. As soon as he saw my face light up in recognition he was off like a shot. I didn't take it personally though!
I sat next to Thom Yorke on a bus in Oxford once. He seemed shy and didn't make eye contact with anyone, which is fair enough!
hansiepansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 23:33
mia75
Forum Member

I also met Michael Buble outside the same cinema on the 6th May, when he was at the Arena. I nearly fainted when he walked out while I was having a fag. He asked me for a light, and we stood there talking for about five minutes. Honest to God, I don't know how I managed to stand up. He was also one the of the nicest guys I've ever met and he's absolutely hilarious (basically, taking the pee out of the miserable English weather ). Turns out we'd been watching the same film. He took a photo with me and signed me my ticket stub (my most prized possession). He also asked me about the Wheel and whether it was any good, and also if I was going to his concert..
Didn't think I could love him any more than I already do...........
mia75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:01
lotty27
Forum Member

Didn't think I could love him any more than I already do...........
Me too. I think I'm in love

What a great fella.
lotty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 00:01
mazzy50
Forum Member

Not sure I can say I've 'met' him, but just saw Jamie Oliver in Jamie's Italian in Birmingham. He was being much as expected - down to earth, friendly and happy to pose for pics until he had to leave.
mazzy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:49
jodo
Forum Member

... Rich Hall, american comedian and wit (and QI regular) after a gig.

He was friendly and charming (which is slightly surreal given how gruff his voice is) and was signing books after his show.

When he spelled one lady's name wrong and she said it didn't matter he took the book back and threw it over his shoulder and signed another one for her!

He was also lovely with my other half who was getting a book signed for a friend's husband who is quite ill at the moment calling out after her "I hope you friend gets better for christmas".

His show was bloody brilliant too - catch him if you can!
jodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 13:22
avidreader

I met Rich Hall after one of his gigs too, and got him to sign a CD. He was lovely and charming, very friendly guy.
avidreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 15:19
Graves39
Forum Member

Nicholas Anelka was suprisingly very friendly, and posed for a photo. I have never met someone so laid back and chilled as him.
Graves39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 16:32
Cover Button
Forum Member

Sarah Beeny an absoulte joy and very good looking.

Alan Cumming SUPER VILE a friend met him...

Jimmy Summerville a HORRIBLE object.
Cover Button is offline   Reply With Quote