Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 24-12-2010, 18:37
Patsy_Stone
Forum Member

Lorraine Keane, presenter that used to be on Tv3 was an absolute stuck up bitch. If I hadn't been working I would have told her so too
I worked at an event with Lorraine Keane and found her a bit cold, I figured she was just focused on what she was doing but because she was around us so much it would have been nice if she said "Hi" back.

The rest of these are mostly Irish:

Richard Harris: Lovely bloke - met him at a rugby match, was only 9 when I met him and this was pre-Harry Potter and I'd yet to see The Field. I still remember it well though, we talked about the rugby match and he complimented my brother's performance (he was playing that game), even though he supported the other team.

Peter O'Toole: Met him with Dickie, didn't really talk to me but seemed pleasant.

Dara O'Briain: Really really nice guy, took the time to pose for a photograph with me even though he had been pestered by others all night for pictures.

Tommy Tiernan: Got a pic, an autograph and a kiss, he came across really nice. Not such a big fan of his anymore but I enjoyed that moment.

Liam O'Brien (Ethan Blake, the other priest in Emmerdale): Nice guy, very funny when tipsy. I met him in a local night club while we were queuing for drinks, turned out he knew my dad and asked after him.

Dane Bowers: Really really sound, although I made a bit of an arse of myself telling him how much of a fan I was (I'd indulged in a few scoops at the time).

Cloris Leachman (Phyllis in the Mary Tyler Moore Show and also in The Last Picture Show): Went to an evening with her in New York, she was very funny on stage but a little bit grumpy later on when she saw all the books she had to sign for the crowd, but was still polite.
Patsy_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-12-2010, 18:58
PADDY75
Forum Member

I met Dannii Minogue a few weeks back. She is so very lovely & chats to you like she has known you for ages (Like laughing & joking with you) I was so pleased to meet her!
I've also heard flattering things about Dannii. Friend of mine met her also at an event last month. She was super sweet and attentive. Glad you had a nice experience with her.
PADDY75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 10:48
laska
Forum Member

Zoe Wanamaker- Ok...but does have a superior attitude and is quite commanding. Maybe it's just my perception of her. Was polite enough, but definetly wanted some special treatment.

Susan George- Very pleasant, sweet lady. Very polite.

Emilia Fox- Very nice and down to earth. Lovely.
laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 12:02
MsBehaviour
Forum Member

I contributed earlier in the thread, but completely forgot someone who is not only a nice celebrity, but also one of the nicest human beings around...

I met blues legend B.B. King in 1970 and he was utterly lovely.
MsBehaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 12:07
queen of herts
Forum Member

Vanessa Feltz was a real old boot. She talked at this 'single women' shindig and was quite amusing. I went over to tell her how much I'd enjoyed it and she basically 'hmphed' and turned her back on me.

Also, Dennis Waterman when I was a kid. Then again, I had accidentally interrupted his filming of 'Minder' .

And heard Lulu is the absolute worse person - never gives autographs and basically tells anyone who approaches her to 'f*ck off'.
queen of herts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 23:47
JokerPoker
Forum Member

Won a competition with 4 other guys to hang out with the chelsea team before and after the FA cup Final in 2007(and got to sit in the directors box!) Chatted to Frank Lampard,Joe Cole and Ashley Cole for a while and they all came across pretty well, especially Lampard who seemed like a lovely guy! Met John Terry as well but he made a bad impression, seemed a bit snipy.

Got quite the shock when I saw Lampard totally naked after the game
JokerPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 15:59
DE53
Forum Member

Jean Alexander ( Hilda Ogden) seen her a few times out shopping in Southport always speaks or acknowledges with a smile or nod
DE53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 16:03
DE53
Forum Member

delete

Last edited by DE53 : 26-12-2010 at 16:06.
DE53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 13:06
SausageTime.
Forum Member

I met Paul Merton outside a theatre after I'd been to see a show of his. He was absolutely lovely, and signed an autograph for me. We didn't talk much, but that's only because I could hardly speak!

I also met Richard Vranch at the Piano. He was lovely, too.
SausageTime. is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 17:23
youngswede
Forum Member

I met Malena Ernman (Who represented Sweden at eurovision 2009) last year in London. Ok so she is not famous here but in Sweden she is very well known, probably as famous there as someone like Cheryl cole or Katherine Jenkins is here. and her music is a mixture of those two types.

Had a photo taken with her and got her autograph, very nice lady who cares so much about her fans.

Met some other swedish celebrities also while i lived there, but no one here will have heard of them
youngswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 14:47
LouC
Forum Member

My mum met Craig Revel Horwood last week (he's in our local panto, and she met him when he was walking to the theatre) She said he was really nice, and called her "darling" a few times!
LouC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 15:58
k89
Forum Member

John Barnes - Lovely man, very down to earth and polite. Met him when he came to visit a childrens hospital my cousin was in.

My friend has met Ant & Dec and said they were very nice.
k89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 16:12
tiggy145
Forum Member

I met Malena Ernman (Who represented Sweden at eurovision 2009) last year in London. Ok so she is not famous here but in Sweden she is very well known, probably as famous there as someone like Cheryl cole or Katherine Jenkins is here. and her music is a mixture of those two types.

Had a photo taken with her and got her autograph, very nice lady who cares so much about her fans.

Met some other swedish celebrities also while i lived there, but no one here will have heard of them
She seemed lovely in the eurovision interviews and press conferences last year. She has an amazing voice
tiggy145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 16:42
Lily Rose
Forum Member

Also, Dennis Waterman when I was a kid. Then again, I had accidentally interrupted his filming of 'Minder' .
It appears to be common belief that Dennis Waterman is an absolute arse. I doubt he'd been much different to you whether you'd accidentally intrerrupted his work or not, from what I've read about the bloke.
Lily Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 16:52
Bunnyfoo
Forum Member

Nadia sawahla and Caroline Quentin, both of them are lovely, they used to come into the woolworths i used to work in (Caroline several times, and i always served her!), and after it shut and i got a new job i saw Caroline again, she told me she was glad i got another job after woolies shut! i couldnt believe she remembered me!

My friend told me the other day that he saw Denise Van Outen and said hello to her, but she just said dont bother to him!
Bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 17:29
Minxyloulou
Forum Member

John Barnes - Lovely man, very down to earth and polite. Met him when he came to visit a childrens hospital my cousin was in.
My friend has met Ant & Dec and said they were very nice.
Top man, always approachable and friendly, even when out shopping at his local tesco (or it was in the late 90s)
Minxyloulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 17:56
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

I contributed earlier in the thread, but completely forgot someone who is not only a nice celebrity, but also one of the nicest human beings around...

I met blues legend B.B. King in 1970 and he was utterly lovely.
I'm jealous, he's one of my heroes.
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 22:55
youngswede
Forum Member

She seemed lovely in the eurovision interviews and press conferences last year. She has an amazing voice
Great that someone else here likes her
Malena honestly is as nice as she came across on camera, if not more. There were only 80-100 people at the show, so she could give them all attention, and she asked questions, really taking her time with each person and not rushing like many would do.
youngswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 23:52
diabeticguy
Forum Member

Lionel Blair was very polite even though we nabbed him just as he staggered up the stairs of his hotel at 1am. Got a handshake and an autograph. Changed my opinion of him that night. Good guy.
diabeticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 06:12
ToxicBlossom
Forum Member

Met Dara O'Brien a few months back at a book signing with my friend. He was so lovely and funny! When I told him I was studying drama at university he gave me a scenario to act out, he told me to be a bird of prey lol And he let us take another photo when the first one didn't come out right. Geniunley lovely and down to earth, such a great experience

Not actually met him (unfortunatley) but I have comedian Dan Renton Skinner (well known for comedy character Angelos Epithemiou) on facebook and just wrote a little message to him on chat when he was online, didn't expect a reply at all but he did! I was chuffed to bits. He seems really down to earth and is lovely to his fans. Always takes the time to respond to comments on facebook and judging by pictures he is tagged in, more than happy to get pictures taken with fans. I hope to meet him at his gig in february.

I also saw Russell Brand outside my local Waterstones when I was walking to work. He had a huge crowd around him, lots of screaming girls but he seemed nice. Posing for pictures with his fans and giving them hugs and kisses.

Not celebs I've met but my dad has played snooker with John Parrot (and beat him ) quite a few times, was mates with him and is a good guy from what I've heard.

My mum has spoken to Leslie Grantham on the phone and has two signed autographs from him. She said he was really nice.
ToxicBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 11:46
andy1231
Forum Member

It appears to be common belief that Dennis Waterman is an absolute arse. I doubt he'd been much different to you whether you'd accidentally intrerrupted his work or not, from what I've read about the bloke.
Well I met him years ago when he was still doing The Sweeny, at a charity football match and he was as nice as could be. Signed autographs, posed for photos and chatted to fans. Seemed a nice guy to me.
andy1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 12:35
Lily Rose
Forum Member

My friend told me the other day that he saw Denise Van Outen and said hello to her, but she just said dont bother to him!
I've seen Denise in real life and she came across as cold and unfriendly. People who dared approach her at the time confirmed as much. She also seems to have a problem with women going up to Lee.
Old 30-12-2010, 12:36
Lily Rose
Forum Member

Well I met him years ago when he was still doing The Sweeny, at a charity football match and he was as nice as could be. Signed autographs, posed for photos and chatted to fans. Seemed a nice guy to me.
Nice to hear a different take. I'm sure though I've read about him being pretty unpleasant to other people...maybe he has good days and bad days?
Old 30-12-2010, 18:33
opal88
Forum Member

My son works at a big restaurant chain in his university holidays and was seating people for lunch in the summer - he was about to deal with an older couple when a younger woman pushed in front and asked for a table for 3. He asked her to wait while he dealt with the couple who were first and then told her there'd be a short wait whereupon she turned on her heel and swept out. The girl behind the bar then informed him it was Alesha Dixon.
opal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 18:36
laska
Forum Member

My son works at a big restaurant chain in his university holidays and was seating people for lunch in the summer - he was about to deal with an older couple when a younger woman pushed in front and asked for a table for 3. He asked her to wait while he dealt with the couple who were first and then told her there'd be a short wait whereupon she turned on her heel and swept out. The girl behind the bar then informed him it was Alesha Dixon.
Urgh.....what an utter chav completely devoid of manners.
laska is offline   Reply With Quote