Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 08-01-2011, 14:18
Carl-Alfie
Forum Member

Met David and Victoria Beckham when I was younger in my local Toys 'R Us. They were both very lovely and signed autographs, didn't have a camera (Before the days of camera phones) which was a shame. Victoria was really funny, and they gave us the Harry Potter goblet we were looking for, even though they had it, and it was the last one.

Met Anthony Head and Emma Caulfield from Buffy. Both really nice, especially Anthony who had time for everybody and asked lots of questions about people.

Met Gary Neville countless times as he's from my neck of the woods, always polite and lovely. (Incidentally his sister was a friend of my babysitter, and found out she would play for England in netball at my house!)

My mother has met Eric Cantona who she said was the loveliest man she'd ever met, he posed for pictures and charmed her for a good 20mins (at the airport on the way back from an away game) and even pinched her bum when he left!

The guy who played Neville Longbottom was also a really nice guy, down to earth and seemed to be rather scared of his fame tbh.

Can't think of any nasty ones... though H from Steps seemed a bit 'too busy' but may genuinely have been. (This was when Steps were at the height of their fame btw.)
Carl-Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-01-2011, 20:09
laska
Forum Member

Just the way he looks at you really. Not surprising when his gf is years younger... Just got the "creep" vibe from him. But in the flesh he's SO good looking. Beautiful body too!
I find him incredibly dreamy!!! With a beautiful face like his, I'd excuse any creepiness!
laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 20:20
Joanne yy
Forum Member

I met Anneka Rice once (my family and I were on the London Eye ) and she was just lovely, we had a chat and she was just so natural, not a bit snooty or anything. And when we got off, she made a point of saying Goodbye to us and asked us if we enjoyed the trip
Joanne yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 20:49
Sam'sWish
Inactive Member

I find him incredibly dreamy!!! With a beautiful face like his, I'd excuse any creepiness!
He is really dreamy...that hair of his. I love it!
Sam'sWish is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 15:35
wonkeydonkey
Forum Member

From the Phil Jupitus thread in the TV Programmes forum:

Originally Posted by alimi
Love Phil. My son is partially sighted and attends a mainstream school but within support of a VI unit. They have on a couple of occasions obtained tickets to theatre productions, where there is an audio feed for them. They managed to get tickets for hairspray and when I collected my son from school he was so excited. A guy had met them at the door, gave them a tour and then whipped out a guitar and played a song, incorperating their pets names, and jokes in general. I later found out from the teachers that it was Phil . They had no idea later, when they were watching the performance, that the man dressed up as a lady was the guy who had been joking with them earlier.
wonkeydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 15:47
pxd867
Forum Member

John Barnes .. very nice and chatty
Barry Horne (ex-Everton) ... very nice bloke, didn't even mind me interrupting his conversation!
pxd867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 21:03
charliestubbs
Inactive Member

Met Dawn French while working at an advertising company, she was very bubbly, chatty and funny. A lovely woman.

Most of the Coronation Cast are lovely aswell, especially the ones who play Gail, Audery, Betty, Tina, Graeme, Becky, Carla and Leanne.

John Savident ( Fred) was one of the rudest people I have met though, terribly OTT and nasty.
charliestubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 21:37
strictlyfloss
Forum Member

Speaking of boy bands, I have also just been told that someone I know was propositioned by Harry from One Direction AND TURNED HIM DOWN with the words "I could be your mother". She's like 19, so the mother thing is a bit of an overstatement but good on her as she has a boyfriend, not sure I could show such self restraint.
I'm "ahem" only a wee bit over 40 and wearing very well (according to my hubby) if Harry's looking for a cougar.......
strictlyfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 22:48
diabeticguy
Forum Member

Noel Edmonds is horrible in real life. He opened the Co Op in Workington in the seventies, looking totally bored, then when kids approached him for autographs, he told his heavies to " get these awful people away from me" and stormed off. Also a friend approached him for an autograph outside the BBC and he told him to sod off.
I once sent a letter to him via the BBC mouring the loss of Noels House Party, (I was very young, but I did miss it) I got a hand written letter back from Noel which was very warm and friendly.
diabeticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:05
Lily Rose
Forum Member

Justin bieber, nasty little ****.
Not at all surprised.

He really does seem like a very unpleasant little boy, with absolutely no redeeming features.
Lily Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22
WelshieRachel
Forum Member

I met Stephanie Beacham outside a theatre stage door in December on the first leg of the Master Class tour and she was lovely. I was the only person waiting and she was obviously in a bit of a rush, it was a couple of hours before that day's matinée show, but she still stopped to chat to me, was nice enough to listen to a very starstruck me rambling on about how great she is , and even signed my programme for me. And then to top it off, she blew me a kiss at the end of the show.
WelshieRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 13:37
Maysles
Forum Member

I met Stephanie Beacham outside a theatre stage door in December on the first leg of the Master Class tour and she was lovely. I was the only person waiting and she was obviously in a bit of a rush, it was a couple of hours before that day's matinée show, but she still stopped to chat to me, was nice enough to listen to a very starstruck me rambling on about how great she is , and even signed my programme for me. And then to top it off, she blew me a kiss at the end of the show.
Nice to hear this story, love Stephanie Beacham!
Maysles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 16:55
MoJo-Girl
Forum Member

I have to tell this story (can't remember if I read it or if a friend overheard it...!);

Judi Dench was walking in NY and a cab almost ran her over.
The driver shouted "Watch where you're going, c**t!". Judi Dench stopped and said "That's Dame c**t to you!"

Love it!

MoJo-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 10:13
avidreader

I have to tell this story (can't remember if I read it or if a friend overheard it...!);

The driver shouted "Watch where you're going, c**t!". Judi Dench stopped and said "That's Dame c**t to you!"

Love it!

I just sprayed coffee over my keyboard!!

I love Dame Judi
avidreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 11:05
Tyyleer
Forum Member

Duncan James wasn't very nice at all. He walked past me, i said hi & tried to talk to him but he just ignored me. My friend stuck out his hand to shake it but he ingored him aswell. He only seemed borthered talking to his female fans who he was really friendly with.. Quite funny now learning hes bi.

The presenters of T4 were so nice. June & Nikita were filming at C4 and smiled, waved and blew me a kiss. I was very young and got so excited.
Tyyleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 19:20
SwanGirl
Forum Member

Met Steve Jones of T4 fame when our media studies group went to the filming of the Welsh version of Top Of the Pops, The Pop Factory. He came across as really smug and arrogant and would only talk to the really pretty girls in the crowd.
SwanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 19:37
Walter Neff
Forum Member

Love it!

That is what I call class!
Walter Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 19:49
kalikikikan
Forum Member

A friend, who was a district nurse at the time, rushed into town to grab a sandwich one lunchtime. She noticed a woman walking towards her, who she recognised but couldn't remember who she was. She smiled and the lady smiled back, so my friend asked how she was and how things were going. thinking that maybe she was a relative of a patient. The lady looked at her oddly but answered that she was very well thank you, my friend continued an inane conversation, trying to work out who the lady was. The lady remained pleasant, but said she was sorry but she had to get on, wished my friend well and walked off. It was only later that she remembered who the lady was..... Judi Dench
kalikikikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 20:21
doom&gloom
Inactive Member

Met Steve Jones of T4 fame when our media studies group went to the filming of the Welsh version of Top Of the Pops, The Pop Factory. He came across as really smug and arrogant and would only talk to the really pretty girls in the crowd.
That doesn't come as a massive shock.
doom&gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 20:50
textpest
Forum Member

I used to live in Manchester near Chorlton and met lots of Coronation St stars in our local supermarket
Anne Kirkbride was fab - a right hoot - my friend did her impression of Dierdre for her and she joined in!!
Bill Tarmey was a real gent as was Geoffrey Hughes
I've also met Jason Donovan who was very shy
Also the friendliest celebrity ever Mr Christopher Biggins!

Deena Payne goes to my local gym and always smiles.

I wrote to Jack P Shepherd ( corrie's David Platt) asking him to open our school fair and he did!
He was fantastic and spent 4 hours chatting to parents //locals. He then came back at a later date and spoke to year 6 about life as an actor on Corrie. He answered all the childrens questions and was a real delight. A very polite and witty young man!
textpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 14:41
Shadow2009
Forum Member

My Uncle met Corey Haim and Corey Feldman at an autograph convention a few years ago. He said that Feldman was very nice, although was very laid back and seemed more interested in trying to advertise one of his new movies than chatting to fans. Haim on the other hand was very enthusiastic and gave everyone a hug and handshake, apparently he had a sort of warm presence around him and even though he looked shattered he still did multiple autograph requests.

Something that really stood out was that one of the girls there met Corey and explained that one of her friends was a huge fan of his but was stuck in traffic and was afraid she'd miss the chance to meet him, Corey then stayed behind after the convention for about 15 minutes chatting to fans whilst waiting on the fan arriving. Apparently he seemed a bit nervous and jittery and seemed to crave someone to talk to.

RIP Corey.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 18:49
anagram1x
Forum Member

Love it!

I love the fact that someone who has such a prim and proper stage presence has a mouth like a London docker. Remember a mate telling me a story about when she was filming Shakespeare in Love with Ms Paltrow-and the crew were waiting for the latter to get ready. Judi was chatting to the crew and was less than complimentery about Gwyneth, and her 'delicate' ways! Seems she is rather partial to using the word ' c**t' herself!!
anagram1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 00:15
catboy71
Forum Member

I met Bryan Ferry in Glasgow last night . He was very friendly , and doesn't seem to have aged too much for a man of 65 . He smelt nice too.
catboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 14:18
burbs
Forum Member

Noel Edmonds is horrible in real life. He opened the Co Op in Workington in the seventies, looking totally bored, then when kids approached him for autographs, he told his heavies to " get these awful people away from me" and stormed off. Also a friend approached him for an autograph outside the BBC and he told him to sod off.
Hes changed a lot since the 70s then, delivered to his house a number of times and he has been the nicest guy you could wish to meet.
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 15:16
woodlands
Forum Member

Duncan James wasn't very nice at all. He walked past me, i said hi & tried to talk to him but he just ignored me. My friend stuck out his hand to shake it but he ingored him aswell. He only seemed borthered talking to his female fans who he was really friendly with.. Quite funny now learning hes bi.

I met Ducan James when I was involved with making a new TV programme. I sat next to him in the audience in rehearsals and he was lovely, a real gent he had time for everyone unlike Andy Peters who was down right rude.
woodlands is offline   Reply With Quote