Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 15-12-2011, 17:48
Ella Nut
Forum Member

I've met Gary Numan on many many occasions and he's truly a lovely bloke, always has time for his fans, never refuses autographs, always poses for photos

I've seen him 79 times and it got to the point where he used to acknowledge me and I even went to his wedding (my best mate's brother lived in the next house to him)

Debbie Harry - bumped into her in a cafe in Manchester Piccadily Gardens, she was so lovely, down to earth

Toyah - Met her a few times again lovely

Kajagoogoo - all lovely guys, friends with Limahl on facebook, he even sent me a signed photo when he found out I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and when my mum died in September

Not so nice

Anthony Cotton, what a jumped up, pathetic excuse of a man, just so far up his own backside
Woweeee! I've heard the same over the years about Mr Numan. I love him, always have. This became a hot favourite vid of mine recently. I was utterly blown away. Gary's smile at 0.25 is so sweet. You've probably seen it many times already!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU

Sorry off topic. I've never met anyone famous that I can recall but I did have to talk to Will Carling on the phone a few times as part of my job once and he seemed very very nice indeed.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-12-2011, 21:30
tuppencehapenny
Forum Member

I've had some great laughs with Steve Davis. He can be a bit arrogant and doesn't tend to give people too much of his time if there are a lot of people waiting to see him, but to describe him as 'horrible' is not consistent with my experiences. He can be very, very funny.
He's done a lot of work round here with disabled young people. My son has met him a number of times and liked him.
tuppencehapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 21:49
angelafisher
Forum Member

I know DigitalSpy posters know everything but just in case it hasn't been mentioned - Anthony Cotton is a lifelong depression sufferer.

Just bear that in mind.
I'm a 50 year old woman who's had frequent and lengthy bouts of depression since my late teens, I would hope that I never use it as an excuse to be so rude and manipulative. I would also never volunteer to go into a situation where my depressive tendancies were severely tested....
angelafisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 23:15
zx50
Forum Member

I'm a 50 year old woman who's had frequent and lengthy bouts of depression since my late teens, I would hope that I never use it as an excuse to be so rude and manipulative. I would also never volunteer to go into a situation where my depressive tendancies were severely tested....
Exactly! If he suffered from depression, why on earth go on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! for? He's bound to have high and low days. Does money really mean more to him than his health? If he does suffer from depression, I think he was crazy to go into the jungle. And as far as seeing people outside goes, surely he doesn't have a low day everyday.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 22:32
ThisSheepMoobs
Inactive Member

How do you all meet these celebrities? Everyone seems accidently bump in to them. I never bumped into a celebrity as such.
ThisSheepMoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 00:18
DorisMorris
Forum Member

Kajagoogoo - all lovely guys, friends with Limahl on facebook, he even sent me a signed photo when he found out I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and when my mum died in September
Great post. I'm very sorry to hear about your dear mum, and literally/in every sense, wish you well.

xx
DorisMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 11:58
ahrimaniac
Forum Member

I stood on the foot of Pauline Quirke in the Metrocentre once, and she laughed it off. Lovely woman. Glad it wasn't the other way around though
ahrimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 12:09
fefster
Forum Member

Nice: Ted Danson

Evil beyond reason: a certain Apprentice runner up who should be 'culled'.
fefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 21:12
SonofaBeast
Inactive Member

This is a very unfair forum topic. How can you judge someone based purely on one incredibly brief meeting? We all have days when we'd tell even our most loved family or friends to sod off, so you can't expect celebrities to not feel the same.

Many of these stories lack any context. You don't know whether the chap who Tom Baker alledgedly told to f**k off was incredibly annoying and harassing him.

Let's not be so swift to judge people so quickly. Enjoy what they give us in the films and TV shows they appear in and stop expecting people to be a far better human being than you are 24/7
Unclench already! It's only a bit of fun.
SonofaBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 21:22
mazzy50
Forum Member

I'm really curious now - can't you give a clue? Go on!
mazzy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 21:29
dorydaryl
Forum Member

I'm really curious now - can't you give a clue? Go on!
Me too!
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 21:52
zx50
Forum Member

Come on, name and shame. It's not like your description before the colon's going to be taken literally.
Old 21-12-2011, 21:55
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

Come on, name and shame. It's not like your description before the colon's going to be taken literally.
Yeah.

Name and shame and get the thread pulled.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 22:48
Serial Lurker
Forum Member

Uhhh, there's a pretty obvious clue. There's a certain animal which is going to get culled soon.
Serial Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 22:58
zx50
Forum Member

Yeah.

Name and shame and get the thread pulled.
Oh, what are you talking about? All of the other celebrities have been named, why not them? What makes them so special?
Old 21-12-2011, 23:04
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

Oh, what are you talking about? All of the other celebrities have been named, why not them? What makes them so special?
Please accept my apologies for making a mistook.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 23:54
Pandora.
Forum Member

Uhhh, there's a pretty obvious clue. There's a certain animal which is going to get culled soon.
The series two runner up then.
Pandora. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:01
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I stood on the foot of Pauline Quirke in the Metrocentre once, and she laughed it off. Lovely woman. Glad it wasn't the other way around though
It'd be funny if you did that to Nigel Planer (Neil, of The Young Ones), then said, in Neil's voice, 'Hello Nigel-I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to stand on you again!' (remember Hole In My Shoe?)

P.S. It'd only be funny if you were joking, and weren't going to deliberately trample him again, and made that clear to him. Wouldn't want anyone to think I was inciting violence.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:03
SonofaBeast
Inactive Member

deleted
SonofaBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 12:33
samiskim
Forum Member

I met Russell Grant a few years ago and he was absolutely lovely, as was Tessa Saunderson. I can't remember if it was Hinge or Brackett (but it was the one in the glasses) and he was not nice, not nice at all.

I had to misfortune of coming across Lulu when I worked for the Beeb many years ago - an absolute nightmare. Rude and completely obnoxious - but when the cameras were running she completely changed into this sweet, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth type personality.

Also met John Duttine - what a charming, lovely man. As gorgeous off-screen as he was on and he was so interesting and interested in the person he was talking too.
samiskim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 14:04
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Also met John Duttine - what a charming, lovely man. As gorgeous off-screen as he was on and he was so interesting and interested in the person he was talking too.
I remember him from the 1978 TV serialisation of Wuthering Heights, as Hindley. He was also in that series, To Serve Them All Their Days, about the young schoolteacher, in Edwardian times, which I saw in 1984, thought I think it was first shown in 1980.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 15:44
Clark2012
Forum Member

Lucky enough to meet Barney Harwood yesterday, went to see him in panto in Bromley. Lovely guy, signed autographs, took photos, spent about half an hour chatting to me, my brother and our two young cousins who he huggged! Genuinley lovely fella. Same day met Patsy Kensit, she's in the same panto, again lovely, as was David Spinx and Sarah Lark.
Clark2012 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 15:58
Clark2012
Forum Member

Also met Arthur Darvil, absoloutley lovely, photo and hug, fairly handsome too lol. Also had an autograph off Eve Myles, she was lovely too
Clark2012 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 16:07
rionia
Forum Member

Lovely

John Barrowman
James Marsters
Eric Roberts
Colin Baker
Paul Darrow

Horrible

David Soul (I've met him a couple of times, both times, unfriendly, miserable, bordering on rude, and these were at offficial meet & greet type of events!)
rionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 20:34
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Don't let the curious posters in this thread badger you over who it was. Be ruthless!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote