Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 22-12-2011, 21:27
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

[quote=fefster;55426511
Evil beyond reason: a certain Apprentice runner up who should be 'culled'.[/QUOTE]

...but what did they do wrong?
BeethovensPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-12-2011, 21:32
kira nerys
Forum Member

Lovely

John Barrowman
James Marsters
Eric Roberts
Colin Baker
Paul Darrow

Horrible

David Soul (I've met him a couple of times, both times, unfriendly, miserable, bordering on rude, and these were at offficial meet & greet type of events!)
BIB As in Spike??,omg I'm seriously jealous,I'd have been heartbroken if you'd said he was mean!
kira nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 22:10
rionia
Forum Member

BIB As in Spike??,omg I'm seriously jealous,I'd have been heartbroken if you'd said he was mean!
Yep, I've met him a couple of times and both times, he's been really nice.
rionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 22:22
the_phoo
Forum Member

Can I ask what this means exactly? I'm assuming it's bad. I've met Cher and she was lovely, she let me hug her, kiss her, have a pic and she signed a pic for me. She took time to talk to fans and have pics and sign autographs and would have seen everyone if she wasn't rushed into a car at the end. Everyone who meets her says how lovely she is and how wrong the press are about her.

I also met Katie Waissel, she was lovely. I asked for an autograph and she asked for my name and wrote a little message on there for me too.

I seen Dermot O' Leary at the X factor auditions, seems a nice bloke, stuck my hand out and got a high five from him.

Said Hi to Rhod Gilbert as he walked passed me in Cardiff with 2 of his mates, he smiled and said Alright to me.

Said Hi to Scott Mills outside Radio 1 (when I met Cher) he said Hi back and seems a decent guy
To add to my previous post when Cher arrived at Radio 1 I put my hand out for her to touch and instead of just touching it or walking straight past she held it for a few seconds whilst looking at me saying something like "I'll be back out". I'm a huge fan of Cher so to have her holding my hand and looking right at me I probably looked like this

She wasn't moody and distant on the X factor though, she was lovely.
Sorry Cher Lloyd it is
You so are Cher Lloyd aren't you?
the_phoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 01:13
MikaRimmer
Forum Member

Living in Wales is great for meeting Dr Who cast members.
Nice:
John Barrowman - my friends mum worked as a make up artist for Dr Who a few years ago, she was showing me around BBC and we went into his trailer. Saw a bit too much of him by mistake, but he was genuinely nice (personality wise).
Freema Agyeman - Nicest person going, she sat down with me to have hot chocolate, she took a genuine interest in what I was saying and made a real effort, she even bought me the hot chocolate, I'll keep defending this woman!
David Tennent - Again, took an interest in what I was saying, but was rather busy with lots of fans wanting autographs.
Gareth David Lloyd - Just after Children of Earth finished airing he was doing book signings in Cardiff, made it just in time as they cut the queue off with me being the last person. Which meant I was allow to talk to him for a bit, I was telling him how devastated it was having Ianto killed off. He then had a photo with me.

Nasty-
Billie Piper - Whilst talking to her, she seemed more interested in what was on her phone, whilst having a fag.
MikaRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 02:07
DANCE OF DEATH

I met Janick Gers (guitarist of Iron Maiden). He had just joined the band at the time. When I got on the train at Seaham to travel to Newcastle to see Maiden at Newcastle City Hall and he was just sitting there and me and a few friends were talking about music and Maiden and we all started to talk to him about the band and how everything was going.

He had just been to Hartlepool to visit his parents. When we got off at Newcastle Train Station he signed our jackets and had a photo taken with us before saying goodbye.
DANCE OF DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 04:16
unclekevo
Forum Member

I met Olly Murs after a gig and he was more than happy to make sure everyone had an autograph and a picture with him and he seemed like a genuine, lovely man.
The X Factor must have mellowed him, he was a show-off with an over-inflated opinion of himself on Deal Or No Deal according to my neighbour (she went to see a few games being filmed, his was one of them)
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 18:35
catboy71
Forum Member

I met Susan Boyle last week , and she was a lovely person . Very down to earth and a plaesure to chat with
catboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 19:24
Lamaestra

Christopher Chittell ('Eric Pollard' from 'Emmerdale') - Really nice guy and a gentleman.
Andy Taylor, formerly of Duran Duran - Down to earth, intelligent and fun.
Donna Mayers, a former 'Mr and Mrs' hostess - Very nice, friendly and charming.
Tomas Ledin, Swedish singer/musician - An absolute gentleman, well mannered and a lovely man.
Lamaestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 21:41
Dodoboid
Forum Member

Don't know if any members here are familiar with the old Canadian band, The Guess Who ("These Eyes", "No Sugar Tonight", etc.)

Burton Cummings, the singer and frontman of that band was and is a total jerk, just full of himself. Legend in his own mind sort of a creature, much like Cilla Black is, from what I've been reading here. Avoid him at all costs...he's nasty.

I had the displeasure of meeting him a few years ago after having been exposed to the likes of him many years back and he looked right down his beak at me as if I was a cockroach on a wedding cake, same as he did when I first met him.. Pure scathing hatred, like I ever did anything to that piece of ****!

On the other hand, Randy Bachman, who was touring with the walking, talking turd, was very, very nice. It made up for Cummings' vitriol. He's another founding member of The Guess Who, and later, Bachman/Overdrive ("You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet). Really wonderful guy. His son was on the tour as well, and like his father, he was down to earth, nice and easy to speak with.

I have more scoop about various Canadian bands if anyone is interested.
Dodoboid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 22:00
Dodoboid
Forum Member

The favourite Canadian actor I've met is Donald Sutherland. You wouldn't believe what a nice man he is.

I met him back in 1977 (I'm old-ish) and he overtook the room with his presence, he really did. Know how when you meet certain celebs, they appear to be much smaller in real life than you imagine them to be?

Donald Sutherland wasn't like that. He's very tall, and he glided into the room, wearing a black velvet jacket, and he had a full head of silvery blonde hair.

Know how when you meet certain celebs, they don't look anything like they do in their photos/films?

Donald Sutherland was like that; he looked infinitely better in person than he ever did on film and in photos. You wouldn't believe it. I wasn't the only female who swooned when he entered the room!

This was at the Toronto Film Festival. We had to buy tickets to get booze. I tore off two tickets (two drinks) and toddled off to the bar to obtain two vodka and tacky Tang mix before I had the nerve to approach Mr. Sutherland.

My friend bet me a quarter that he wouldn't dance with me to the music that was playing -- disco stuff. I bet her that he would...after the cheap vodka/Tang concoction went hurtling down me muzzle and connected with the grey matter.

I didn't know how to approach him as he looked so regal. I brushed his elbow gently with my hand so that he would look at me, which he did, in a questioning way.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked him.

"It would be my pleasure, thanks for asking, I was hoping that someone would, I'm so bored!" Mr. Sutherland replied, and he took me into his arms.

We danced to a song and talked all the way through. What a guy, he was so nice. He asked me, "And what films have you been in, I recognize your face!"

Me: "I'm not an actress, I work at Travelers Insurance Company as a secretary!"

Donald: "No, that I can't believe!|

Really nice man. A charming man. The best. And I got my quarter, too.
Dodoboid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 22:15
~*~Jess~*~
Forum Member

The favourite Canadian actor I've met is Donald Sutherland. You wouldn't believe what a nice man he is.

I met him back in 1977 (I'm old-ish) and he overtook the room with his presence, he really did. Know how when you meet certain celebs, they appear to be much smaller in real life than you imagine them to be?

Donald Sutherland wasn't like that. He's very tall, and he glided into the room, wearing a black velvet jacket, and he had a full head of silvery blonde hair.

Know how when you meet certain celebs, they don't look anything like they do in their photos/films?

Donald Sutherland was like that; he looked infinitely better in person than he ever did on film and in photos. You wouldn't believe it. I wasn't the only female who swooned when he entered the room!

This was at the Toronto Film Festival. We had to buy tickets to get booze. I tore off two tickets (two drinks) and toddled off to the bar to obtain two vodka and tacky Tang mix before I had the nerve to approach Mr. Sutherland.

My friend bet me a quarter that he wouldn't dance with me to the music that was playing -- disco stuff. I bet her that he would...after the cheap vodka/Tang concoction went hurtling down me muzzle and connected with the grey matter.

I didn't know how to approach him as he looked so regal. I brushed his elbow gently with my hand so that he would look at me, which he did, in a questioning way.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked him.

"It would be my pleasure, thanks for asking, I was hoping that someone would, I'm so bored!" Mr. Sutherland replied, and he took me into his arms.

We danced to a song and talked all the way through. What a guy, he was so nice. He asked me, "And what films have you been in, I recognize your face!"

Me: "I'm not an actress, I work at Travelers Insurance Company as a secretary!"

Donald: "No, that I can't believe!|

Really nice man. A charming man. The best. And I got my quarter, too.

What a fantastic story it's nice to hear about nice celebs, and that they aren't all bad
~*~Jess~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 22:38
wolfie1968
Forum Member

Don't know if any members here are familiar with the old Canadian band, The Guess Who ("These Eyes", "No Sugar Tonight", etc.)

Burton Cummings, the singer and frontman of that band was and is a total jerk, just full of himself. Legend in his own mind sort of a creature, much like Cilla Black is, from what I've been reading here. Avoid him at all costs...he's nasty.

I had the displeasure of meeting him a few years ago after having been exposed to the likes of him many years back and he looked right down his beak at me as if I was a cockroach on a wedding cake, same as he did when I first met him.. Pure scathing hatred, like I ever did anything to that piece of ****!

On the other hand, Randy Bachman, who was touring with the walking, talking turd, was very, very nice. It made up for Cummings' vitriol. He's another founding member of The Guess Who, and later, Bachman/Overdrive ("You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet). Really wonderful guy. His son was on the tour as well, and like his father, he was down to earth, nice and easy to speak with.

I have more scoop about various Canadian bands if anyone is interested.
Hello there, I'm a BIG fan of the rock group rush, I would be chuffed to little mint balls if you could tell me if you have met them (even Neil peart, fans will know what I mean lol)
wolfie1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 23:06
unclekevo
Forum Member

A drama teacher and some of the drama students at my school were on a trip to New York a few years back. They went into a chapel in New York when who else but Piers Brosnan was in praying. For some bizarre reason, the teacher decided to ask him for an autograph (in the middle of a chapel ) and was told to kindly f**k off by Mr. Brosnan
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 23:42
doom&gloom
Inactive Member

The only celebrities I've met are footballers and some are nice guys but an awful lot are arrogant and think they're better than everyone else, working class + £££££ is not a good combination in my experience.
doom&gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 00:24
lynxmale
Forum Member

^ unless you've got big tits, no shame and a smartphone, obviously.
lynxmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:28
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

A drama teacher and some of the drama students at my school were on a trip to New York a few years back. They went into a chapel in New York when who else but Piers Brosnan was in praying. For some bizarre reason, the teacher decided to ask him for an autograph (in the middle of a chapel ) and was told to kindly f**k off by Mr. Brosnan
Well, as long as he didn't take the Lord's name in vain, in God's own house....
Phoenix Lazarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

Language like that in a chapel!

The only celebrities I've met are footballers and some are nice guys but an awful lot are arrogant and think they're better than everyone else, working class + £££££ is not a good combination in my experience.
You mean like Cheryl?
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 15:18
fefster
Forum Member

...but what did they do wrong?
I'm really curious now - can't you give a clue? Go on!
Named after an animal which is regularly "culled"
fefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 15:22
fefster
Forum Member

Don't let the curious posters in this thread badger you over who it was. Be ruthless!
Well done
fefster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 15:31
grimtales1
Forum Member

Tony Robinson - met him some years ago (and wrote to him a couple of times) and he's a good bloke He was happy to talk with you and quite funny
grimtales1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 16:05
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

Louie Spence.

A family member's company had a contract at a manchester hotel and one morning when said family member was working there with his colleagues they woke up poor old Louie who came out of his room (not wearing much i am told) and gave them a tirade of abuse screaming and shouting.

Said family member is a pretty unassuming quiet guy who I have never known to lie to so i am inclined to believe him.

I only wish i was there to have seen Spence shouting and screaming, would have had me in stitches.
Jimmy_McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 23:51
mrs.deschanel
Forum Member

Philip Schofield - distant and bored (although this was Gordon the Gopher days and there are only so many schoolgirls you can entertain).
Brian Molko - an absolute honey. Nicest person you could ever meet and actually cares about people.
Kele Okereke - also fab. Really shy but a nice man and reports of him being a tit are so wrong. The rest of Bloc Party are great guys too.
All of Friendly Fires - so very nice and so very normal. Liked them a lot.
Pete Burns - may as well have a flashing neon sign on his head with "look at me I am Pete Burns on it". I'm surprised he even notices anyone else in the world exists apart from himself. Nearly wet myself laughing afterwards.
mrs.deschanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05
the_phoo
Forum Member

Brian Molko - an absolute honey. Nicest person you could ever meet and actually cares about people.
Brian Molko is lovely I've met him twice and he's been great both times. As is Stefan Olsdal, my cousin knows Stefan really well too and says he's a great bloke.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07
the_phoo
Forum Member

My mum had Val from Emmerdale in her shop the other day. My mum said she was absolutely lovely, she was with her mum and referred to herself with her normal name (rather than her stage name) and was extremely self deprecating.