Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 10-01-2012, 13:14
mrs.deschanel
Forum Member

Brian Molko is lovely I've met him twice and he's been great both times. As is Stefan Olsdal, my cousin knows Stefan really well too and says he's a great bloke.
Your cousin is right Stefan is lovely - he always gives me a kiss and I always go pink and squeak thank you. Steve Forrest is hot and give massive hugs. Brian is much less snuggly but I think it's because I am completely in awe of him. I've met him 4 times now and still get all wobbly beforehand. I'm sure he thinks I'm a complete idiot. Nice to see another Placebo fan around.
mrs.deschanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-01-2012, 13:27
Ella Nut
Forum Member

A drama teacher and some of the drama students at my school were on a trip to New York a few years back. They went into a chapel in New York when who else but Piers Brosnan was in praying. For some bizarre reason, the teacher decided to ask him for an autograph (in the middle of a chapel ) and was told to kindly f**k off by Mr. Brosnan
He/she fully deserved it.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 13:39
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Seconded. How rude.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 17:47
Liamforking
Inactive Member

The only celebrities I've met are footballers and some are nice guys but an awful lot are arrogant and think they're better than everyone else, working class + is not a good combination in my experience.
I take it then that you're a fan of the repressive English class system where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor?
Lovely.
Liamforking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:03
rose&ribbon
Forum Member

I think tellnig her to f off was wrong however she/he should have left him alone while he was praying she/he could have waited till he was finnished.
rose&ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:26
Frockstar
Forum Member

I met Anthony Worral Thompson in my local Tescos. He wouldnt stop and talk to me or anyone else. He just rushed off when he was recognised True story
Frockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:45
Hobbes1966
Forum Member

[quote=toyotacity;55292904
Kajagoogoo - all lovely guys, friends with Limahl on facebook, he even sent me a signed photo when he found out I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and when my mum died in September
[/QUOTE]

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your mum

I used to be a huge Kaja fan and my friend and I used to always be outside the BBC/Granada whenever they were in Manchester. We used to write to them and Steve and Nick always replied, often telling us when they would next be in Manchester and especially towards the end, after Limahl left, we'd be the only two waiting for them.
I even had Steve's (Askew) home address and continued writing to him after they split. He joined a band called Small Town Elephants and invited me to visit. I spent the weekend at his and his girlfriend Anna's house (she is now his wife) He really was lovely
Hobbes1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:47
Queeniepops
Forum Member

[quote=Frockstar;55823878]I met Anthony Worral Thompson in my local Tescos. He wouldnt stop and talk to me or anyone else. He just rushed off when he was recognised True story [/QUOTE

Too funny
Queeniepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:47
unclekevo
Forum Member

I met Anthony Worral Thompson in my local Tescos. He wouldnt stop and talk to me or anyone else. He just rushed off when he was recognised True story
Funny that.

LOL yes my drama teacher shouldn't have interrupted him but it was a tiny bit rude to tell him to f off
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:00
Hobbes1966
Forum Member

lol, bet he had his hands in his pockets too.
Hobbes1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:09
groovesection
Inactive Member

Jim Davidson :

Years ago i worked on the refurbishment of a club Jim was funding in Great Yarmouth.
It was a huge slap dash job and Davidson was always shouting at everyone as the club had to be ready on the Monday and it was Saturday. Our firm was doing some fire proofing and after we had finished i asked Davidson for an autograph for my Nan as she was a fan and he just laughed and walked off!

I went and had a piss in the toilet (which was not yet plumbed in) and then left
groovesection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:57
HelloCocker
Forum Member

lol, bet he had his hands in his pockets too.
Pathetic!!
HelloCocker is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:02
Shadow2009
Forum Member

My mum had Val from Emmerdale in her shop the other day. My mum said she was absolutely lovely, she was with her mum and referred to herself with her normal name (rather than her stage name) and was extremely self deprecating.
That suprises me. I always got the impression she'd be *exactly* like Val in real life, lol.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49
Ella Nut
Forum Member

I think tellnig her to f off was wrong however she/he should have left him alone while he was praying she/he could have waited till he was finnished.

What kind of imbecile approaches someone in a church for their autograph, even if they waited until he was finished praying. Perhaps it's just me but it's entirely clear that in a situation like that, the person is entitled to have their privacy respected. I would have told said drama teacher to eff off too.
Old 11-01-2012, 13:08
Pearl McG
Forum Member

The favourite Canadian actor I've met is Donald Sutherland. You wouldn't believe what a nice man he is.

I met him back in 1977 (I'm old-ish) and he overtook the room with his presence, he really did. Know how when you meet certain celebs, they appear to be much smaller in real life than you imagine them to be?

Donald Sutherland wasn't like that. He's very tall, and he glided into the room, wearing a black velvet jacket, and he had a full head of silvery blonde hair.

Know how when you meet certain celebs, they don't look anything like they do in their photos/films?

Donald Sutherland was like that; he looked infinitely better in person than he ever did on film and in photos. You wouldn't believe it. I wasn't the only female who swooned when he entered the room!

This was at the Toronto Film Festival. We had to buy tickets to get booze. I tore off two tickets (two drinks) and toddled off to the bar to obtain two vodka and tacky Tang mix before I had the nerve to approach Mr. Sutherland.

My friend bet me a quarter that he wouldn't dance with me to the music that was playing -- disco stuff. I bet her that he would...after the cheap vodka/Tang concoction went hurtling down me muzzle and connected with the grey matter.

I didn't know how to approach him as he looked so regal. I brushed his elbow gently with my hand so that he would look at me, which he did, in a questioning way.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked him.

"It would be my pleasure, thanks for asking, I was hoping that someone would, I'm so bored!" Mr. Sutherland replied, and he took me into his arms.

We danced to a song and talked all the way through. What a guy, he was so nice. He asked me, "And what films have you been in, I recognize your face!"

Me: "I'm not an actress, I work at Travelers Insurance Company as a secretary!"

Donald: "No, that I can't believe!|

Really nice man. A charming man. The best. And I got my quarter, too.
My friend worked on film sets in Canada with him and he's one of those that insits you mustn't make eye contact with!
Pearl McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 22:22
Dennis C
Forum Member

Perhaps he thought you were a store detective!
Dennis C is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 23:29
zx50
Forum Member

What kind of imbecile approaches someone in a church for their autograph, even if they waited until he was finished praying. Perhaps it's just me but it's entirely clear that in a situation like that, the person is entitled to have their privacy respected. I would have told said drama teacher to eff off too.
No one should tell ANYONE to eff off while in a chapel/church. The height of tackiness.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 00:07
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

No one should tell ANYONE to eff off while in a chapel/church. The height of tackiness.
And asking for an autograph in a place of worship isn't?
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Thank you. Said drama teacher was a moron of the highest order. I am not surprised Mr Brosnan was so angry.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56
Agent Krycek
Forum Member

I'd have that way higher on my tackiness scale
Agent Krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47
scatcatcathy
Forum Member

met rolf harris and lorraine chase after a panto as a kid and they both seemed very nice people.
scatcatcathy is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 18:02
the_phoo
Forum Member

met rolf harris and lorraine chase after a panto as a kid and they both seemed very nice people.
Yeah I've met Lorraine Chase a couple of times as she has a friend who lives near me and she has always been absolutely lovely which was in stark contrast to the psycholady from hell I saw on I'm a Celebrity
the_phoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 19:42
big dan
Forum Member

Met John Partridge (Christian EastEnders) as he is my good friend's Uncle. Very generous, friendly and funny.
big dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 19:53
the_phoo
Forum Member

Met John Partridge (Christian EastEnders) as he is my good friend's Uncle. Very generous, friendly and funny.
He is one of my most favourite men in the world.

Phwoaar
the_phoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 22:12
Lamaestra

I also met Terry Pratchett at a book signing in 1993. A truly nice man.
Lamaestra is offline   Reply With Quote