Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 31-05-2012, 18:24
mrsgoose
Forum Member

This is going back a few years, it was when the second Daniel Craig Bond film was out, the name escapes me. My twelve-year-old godson's parents were out of the country at the time so I was looking after him and we were walking down a quiet street in East London when Daniel Craig came walking out the side door of a photography studio and pretty much bumped into me.

My godson was utterly shocked and in excitement just shouted "JAMES BOND!" and asked for a photo. Daniel Craig grinned and then immediately apologised, saying he'd just finished a photo shoot and had a car round the corner ready to take him to a meeting that he was already massively late for. He was very polite and both me and the godson told him not to worry about it. We carried on walking and a minute later felt a tap on the shoulder and he'd run round the corner, told his driver to wait, ran back and happily posed for a photo and signed an autograph. Very nice bloke, I was impressed.
omg how nice was he ? Im well jealous of that one x
mrsgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-05-2012, 20:32
Merlocked
Forum Member

i met John Barrowman a few years ago when he was opening a fete, he was really nice!

i've also met Bradley James and the knights from Merlin at a celebrity football match. they were all so friendly and made time to chat, sign things and take pictures for all the fans that were there, they are all really lovely people!
Merlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 23:36
fynefun
Forum Member

keeley hawes was quite frosty whereas her husband matthew mcfadyen was quite the charmer
fynefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29
hr100
Forum Member

Met all the England cricket team a few times, all of them are lovely and very appreciative of their support.

The nicest of them all is Matt Prior, one of the nicest people you can ever meet.
hr100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 17:03
5990lmd
Forum Member

Met all the England cricket team a few times, all of them are lovely and very appreciative of their support.

The nicest of them all is Matt Prior, one of the nicest people you can ever meet.
I can believe that, they seem to be some of the few elite sportsmen who really appreciate the support.

Myself being a huge Man Utd fan i have met Sir Alex, Sir Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, Roy Keane, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rio Ferdinand and many more.

Also met Kym Marsh, Michelle Keegan, Coleen Rooney.

Sir Ian Botham, Shane Warne, Carl Froch and his Mrs and other sports personalities.
5990lmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05
sam malone55
Inactive Member

Had the misfortune to eat within earshot of this harridan who loves to play the 'do you know who i am' card. Nasty and spiteful to her server and if you dared to look in her direction it was daggers. Still don't know till this day how she was able to scream for ten minutes about the soup.

Just remembered i was in the same store as Shona McClarty and Mat Lipsuckass (they play Whitney/Goon brother in Easties),McClarty has a foul mouth and BO that could floor an elephant, Mr Lipsuckass is defo a friend of Dotty and he is NOT fooling anyone with the pretend loved up nonsense.
sam malone55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:33
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

Had the misfortune to eat within earshot of this harridan who loves to play the 'do you know who i am' card. Nasty and spiteful to her server and if you dared to look in her direction it was daggers. Still don't know till this day how she was able to scream for ten minutes about the soup.

Just remembered i was in the same store as Shona McClarty and Mat Lipsuckass (they play Whitney/Goon brother in Easties),McClarty has a foul mouth and BO that could floor an elephant, Mr Lipsuckass is defo a friend of Dotty and he is NOT fooling anyone with the pretend loved up nonsense.
she does look dirty- and not in a good way.
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 15:27
Firewalker
Forum Member

We had a food stall in a charity event opened by Christopher Biggins who came and ate vast quantities of our wares,didnt pay and instead promised us free tickets for the Panto he was in the following night.We got dressed up and went to the ticket office who told us that biggins had not left any tickets for us
Firewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 13:32
Misty08
Forum Member

Let me just put in another good word for Derren Brown. He seems to regard signing autographs, chatting and posing for photographs after his shows as an intergral part of the evening ( and his Twitter feed is hilarious!).
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 13:54
mike1948
Forum Member

I used to work for an airline 10 years ago and met quite a few.

Nicest was Liam Gallagher, really lovely guy who chatted away, drunkest were Westlife and my worst was Lulu...ugh she was just awful, completely up her own arse and tried to get access to business class lounge with an economy ticket. I sent her packing ! She tried the old classic " do you know who i am ? " and i said " no but i know thats an economy ticket so you cant have access to the lounge "
I have some sympathy with celebs who are pestered endlessly for their autograph or to have a photo taken with them. However, they have the money to be able to afford First Class or Business Class travel and thus be able to escape a lot of the attention they would get in Economy. Why, then, do they buy an Economy ticket with the expectation they will receive a complimentary upgrade?
mike1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 15:16
dorydaryl
Forum Member

We had a food stall in a charity event opened by Christopher Biggins who came and ate vast quantities of our wares,didnt pay and instead promised us free tickets for the Panto he was in the following night.We got dressed up and went to the ticket office who told us that biggins had not left any tickets for us
I've never been fooled by him
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 15:28
Misty08
Forum Member

I have some sympathy with celebs who are pestered endlessly for their autograph or to have a photo taken with them. However, they have the money to be able to afford First Class or Business Class travel and thus be able to escape a lot of the attention they would get in Economy. Why, then, do they buy an Economy ticket with the expectation they will receive a complimentary upgrade?
Arrogance, obviously. Unfortunately, alot of celebrities do think they automatically qualify for freebies and discounts.
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 19:59
laska
Forum Member

Kevin Spacey- arrogant and has delusions of grandeur
Duke of Wesminster- Lovely, very down to earth, unassuming
Adam Garcia- Really sweet and down to earth
laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 21:17
koshernostra
Inactive Member

I had to take a few minutes out to think.

Nice

Denzel Washington
Halle Berry
Larry Hagman
Cher
Daryl Hannah
Mohamed Ali
Donna Summer
Sandra Bullock (awesome woman)
Mathew Macounegy
Lance Armstong and family (years ago as they were having meal in Texas restaurant. I waved and said hello...they waved back)
Sting
Mick Jagger
Eddie Van Halen
Tina Marie
Tom Petty
Ice T
Kim and Kourtney Kardashian (when they were much younger and before they were famous)
Ryan Gosling (met he and some of the crew while they were filming The Note Book in South Carolina)
Billy Connolly and Pamela Stephenson
Anita Baker
Lionel Ritchie
Paula Abdul
Heather Locklear
Paul Weller
3 of the female Manson killer (not celebs but notorious killers...was locked up with them for 9 months)

Pricks/douches

Chuck Norris (I worked for him)
Don Simpson (Hollywood Producer Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, The Rock)
Delay Thompson
Eddie Murphy
Hank Williams Jnr
Jessica Simpson (but I think she was having a bad day)

There are loads more
koshernostra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 21:33
strictmachine
Forum Member

Nice:
Jennifer Tilly (A lovely woman)
Cat Deeley (Friendly, charming and hilarious)
Jo Wiley (Really sweet and lovely)
David Baddiel
Gael Garcia Bernal
Grant from Feeder
Sophie Ellis Bextor
S Club 7
Coldplay
Graham Norton
Helena Bonham Carter
Sacha Baron Cohen
Samanda (if they count)
David and Victoria Beckham (she was lovely, he seemed quite shy)

Meh:
Louis Walsh
Courtney Love (snogged me in a gay club)

Rude:
Ben Elton
Anthony Cotton
Sadie Frost
Nicky Clarke (one of the most rude people I have ever met)

Will add more if I remember any others.
strictmachine is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 22:07
clareiow
Forum Member

Nice

Sergio pizzorno from kasabian - awesome bloke. Working for regional press at the IW festival and kasabian were the only headliner doing interviews for smaller press. He broke off from talking to radio 1 to talk to me, still my favourite interview!

Also nice from the IW festival - Keisha from the sugababes, Donovan, Arno carstens, paolo nutini and KT tunstall.

Can also say cricket legend mike getting is very nice, and mick hucknall too, although he totally threw me by asking me lots of questions about the isle of wight, and I was not prepared at all!!!

Ive met some pretty egotistical celebs as well, but given I work in media I'd rather not say!!
clareiow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 22:35
zx50
Forum Member

Rude:
Ben Elton
Anthony Cotton
Sadie Frost
Nicky Clarke (one of the most rude people I have ever met)
Seems to be a popular name in the dislikes in this thread.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 22:55
strictmachine
Forum Member

Seems to be a popular name in the dislikes in this thread.
It was just after Queer as Folk so he wasn't even a household name. I met Graham at the same event (it was an Aids awareness campaign/fundraiser) and he was by far the bigger name and so much nicer.
Old 03-06-2012, 23:05
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Surprises me, somehow. Despite his aggressive stage persona, he always seems pleasant when interviewed as himself.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 23:10
strictmachine
Forum Member

All the people in my rude list I met only once so there is a chance they were having an off day. But they weren't people I had approached for autographs and the like so I wasn't pestering them.
Old 03-06-2012, 23:16
brettriot
Forum Member

Sadly my tales are all of Z listers.

I've only met a couple of celebs and they were lovely:
Jeff Green
Mike Smith
Phillip Schofield
Carol Decker (so nice and chatty)
Cameron Stout (BB4) (I know he's pretty much resoundly hated but when I met him he was so different to how he appeared on Tv. He was handsome, with bags of charisma and so so nice and easy with everyone.)

My Ex used to work with celebs a lot and said the nicest EVER was Jason Donovan. He is a lovely guy who takes time to genuinly talk to people.

He hated (and nosurprises here) Abs (F5ve) and worst of all was Sam Fox who was a rude cow and a diva.
Really, Jason Donovan? When I met him, he seemed to be a right c**t , I said hi to him at this theatre show and he completely blanked me and my girlfriend(at the time).
brettriot is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 00:19
Jerrica09
Forum Member

Nice

Denzel Washington
Halle Berry
Larry Hagman
Cher
Daryl Hannah
Mohamed Ali
Donna Summer
Mathew Macounegy
Lance Armstong and family (years ago as they were having meal in Texas restaurant. I waved and said hello...they waved back)
Sting
Mick Jagger
Eddie Van Halen
Tina Marie
Tom Petty
Ice T
Kim and Kourtney Kardashian (when they were much younger and before they were famous)
Ryan Gosling (met he and some of the crew while they were filming The Note Book in South Carolina)
Anita Baker
Lionel Ritchie
Paula Abdul
Heather Locklear
Paul Weller
3 of the female Manson killer (not celebs but notorious killers...was locked up with them for 9 months)

Pricks/douches

Delay Thompson
Eddie Murphy
Hank Williams Jnr

There are loads more
They were NICE?
Jerrica09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:00
koshernostra
Inactive Member

Yup, and I hope they are released at some point. Too late for Susan Atkins who died a few years ago.
koshernostra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03
Firewalker
Forum Member

A friend of mine was a dresser at Yorkshire tv many years ago and she said the worst person she ever worked with was Miriam Stoppard....she had a show where she gave advice to people on sensitive emotional matters and she would look and act all caring and sympathetic but as soon as the camera was off she treated everyone like dirt.
Firewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:15
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Nice

Denzel Washington
Halle Berry
Larry Hagman
Cher
Daryl Hannah
Mohamed Ali
Donna Summer
Mathew Macounegy
Sting
Mick Jagger
Eddie Van Halen
Tina Marie
Tom Petty
Ice T
Anita Baker
Lionel Ritchie
Paula Abdul
Heather Locklear
Paul Weller

Pricks/douches

Delay Thompson
Eddie Murphy
Hank Williams Jnr

There are loads more
Didn't they murder 7 people in a 2 day killing spree? Yep, they sound lovely people. I'd like them to be my neighbours in fact.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote