Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 04-06-2012, 11:27
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

Really, Jason Donovan? When I met him, he seemed to be a right c**t , I said hi to him at this theatre show and he completely blanked me and my girlfriend(at the time).
Maybe he didn't hear your "hi's"? I wouldn't call someone a c*nt just because they don't reply to me when I say hi. Did he do something else as well?
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:01
Corabal
Forum Member

I was at the BAFTA Red Carpet, those who I don't mention were nice, the following ignored people

Jennifer Saunders (w/ Are Edmondson) Jennifer was getting called over, she looked and carried on walking

Same goes for Alan Sugar and Harry Hill
Corabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:05
Corabal
Forum Member

Lol at the person on the previous page saying convicted murderers were nice
Corabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23
boddism
Forum Member

Just cos someone ignores you or wont sign an autograph/do a picture doesnt make them a bastard!

How can a fleeting encouter tell you ANYTHING of any value about a person?? If you've known them personally or worked with them then fine, you probably have some knowledge of what they're like. A 5 second encouter tells you NOTHING!
boddism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:53
laska
Forum Member

I had to take a few minutes out to think.

Nice

Denzel Washington
Halle Berry
Larry Hagman
Cher
Daryl Hannah
Mohamed Ali
Donna Summer
Sandra Bullock (awesome woman)
Mathew Macounegy
Lance Armstong and family (years ago as they were having meal in Texas restaurant. I waved and said hello...they waved back)
Sting
Mick Jagger
Eddie Van Halen
Tina Marie
Tom Petty
Ice T
Kim and Kourtney Kardashian (when they were much younger and before they were famous)
Ryan Gosling (met he and some of the crew while they were filming The Note Book in South Carolina)
Billy Connolly and Pamela Stephenson
Anita Baker
Lionel Ritchie
Paula Abdul
Heather Locklear
Paul Weller
3 of the female Manson killer (not celebs but notorious killers...was locked up with them for 9 months)

Pricks/douches

Chuck Norris (I worked for him)
Don Simpson (Hollywood Producer Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, The Rock)
Delay Thompson
Eddie Murphy
Hank Williams Jnr
Jessica Simpson (but I think she was having a bad day)

There are loads more
wow, you've met a lot!

How did you meet Tom Petty?
laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:02
wilehelmas
Forum Member

It's strange but I have never heard one single report of anyone having a good thing to say about Eddie Murphy, ever.

There must be something.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:28
ags_rule
Forum Member

Mick Foley, despite being one of the most batsh*t crazy and violent wrestlers ever, is an absolute teddybear.

He does a few stand-up comedy shows now and I saw him in Belfast - despite his plane leaving two hours after his gig was over, he stayed after the show to sign autographs and get his photo taken with every single person who was at the gig (this was included in the admission price btw). Never heard anyone say a bad word about him, I was near the back of the queue and he had as much time for me as the folks at the front. Gentleman.
ags_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:30
Hit Em Up Style
Forum Member

Its funny many have said Lulu. I also know someone who met her and they claimed she was a proper diva and had everyone in shock at just how rude she was.
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:32
koshernostra
Inactive Member

wow, you've met a lot!

How did you meet Tom Petty?
Twice I meet him. Once at party and once on a video shoot, both in Los Angeles.
koshernostra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:44
ThaGazBoi
Forum Member

Didn't they murder 7 people in a 2 day killing spree? Yep, they sound lovely people. I'd like them to be my neighbours in fact.
Yes, and they also killed a young woman and her unborn child (8 months).

Very nice people as you could imagine. I'd very much like to meet them for tea and crumpets.
ThaGazBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:03
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

A 5 second encouter tells you NOTHING!
Unless they swear at you, push you out of the way or punch you in that time.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:29
Misty08
Forum Member

Just cos someone ignores you or wont sign an autograph/do a picture doesnt make them a bastard!

How can a fleeting encouter tell you ANYTHING of any value about a person?? If you've known them personally or worked with them then fine, you probably have some knowledge of what they're like. A 5 second encouter tells you NOTHING!
Agreed. Despite what I said earlier about Derren Brown (who does seem to go out of his way to be nice to people), I certainly don`t think you can automatically assume that someone is an awful peson just because they didn`t sign an autograph on a particular day.

There does seem to be a theme with some people, though. Has anyone had a nice encounter with Cilla? Lulu?
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:48
teresagreen
Forum Member

Ive met quite a few Star Trek and Star Wars actors.

Sir Patrick Stewart-lovely.

Jonathan Frakes-very nice, friendly and chatty

Nana Vistor-lovely, made a special effort to get into a photo with us. She was beind a long row of tables and had to go a long way to walk around them all. She made sure we got a good photo and insisted we take more if needed.

Avery brooks-seemed ok, didnt like picture being taken and wouldnt look anyone in the face or at camera.

Ray Park-the most wonderful person ive ever met. In fact he was so nice im in love with him
Weve met him a few times and he remembers us.
I watch him when interacting with people and he acts like theyre the first person he's met that day and spends ages with him. So nice.

Warwick Davis-great guy

Jay Laga'aia-lovely, very happy to chat for ages.

Anthony Daniels-was ok

Jeremy Bulloch-He came up to us and started chatting away about family etc. Nice man.

Both of these werent rude, just didnt really acknowledge us. But did sign an autograph.
David Prowse-
Kenny Baker-

A few years ago we met Robert Pattison, He was nice but a bit shy/embarrased. He was at a signing event where there were lots of 'celebs' however noone was going to him.
I took pity on him, just amazing that a short while later Twilight was released. Bet he doesnt have that problem anymore
I've only heard of Sir Patrick Stewart. Who the heck are the others?
teresagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:56
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I've only heard of Sir Patrick Stewart. Who the heck are the others?
Anthony Daniels-C3PO
Kenny Baker-R2D2
Dave Prowse-Darth Vadar/70s Green Cross Man ads
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:58
koshernostra
Inactive Member

Didn't they murder 7 people in a 2 day killing spree? Yep, they sound lovely people. I'd like them to be my neighbours in fact.
Yes they were all involved in the murders. Have you read Helter Skelter?

The murders were in the summer of 1969. I met them in 1990 and they were not the crazy, drugged out, zombies who Charles Manson had control over.

There so much more to my views that I can't go into on this thread.
Old 04-06-2012, 15:03
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Yup, and I hope they are released at some point. Too late for Susan Atkins who died a few years ago.

Yeah, what a shame.

'I was stoned, man, stoned on acid,' Atkins testified during the trial's penalty phase.
'I don't know how many times I stabbed (Tate) and I don't know why I stabbed her," she said. 'She kept begging and pleading and begging and pleading and I got sick of listening to it, so I stabbed her.'
She said she felt 'no guilt for what I've done. It was right then and I still believe it was right'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1wpiXlZQo
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:04
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Yes they were all involved in the murders. Have you read Helter Skelter?

The murders were in the summer of 1969. I met them in 1990 and they were not the crazy, drugged out, zombies who Charles Manson had control over.

There so much more to my views that I can't go into on this thread.
Perhaps that's just as well.

Meantime, excuse me if I don't consider your views on these particular "nice celebritities" as having any validity whatsoever.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:19
teresagreen
Forum Member

Anthony Daniels-C3PO
Kenny Baker-R2D2
Dave Prowse-Darth Vadar/70s Green Cross Man ads
Thank you. It shows how behind the times I am.
teresagreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:28
brettriot
Forum Member

Maybe he didn't hear your "hi's"? I wouldn't call someone a c*nt just because they don't reply to me when I say hi. Did he do something else as well?
Oh, I definitely said 'hi' loud enough. I thought I'd give it a few minutes, so I went back up to him and said hi again but he still blanked me. I thought it was very rude of him not to reply back, so for that day forward, I decided to not like him haha. But I have heard from other people that he is quite rude and obnoxious.
brettriot is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:37
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

Oh, I definitely said 'hi' loud enough. I thought I'd give it a few minutes, so I went back up to him and said hi again but he still blanked me. I thought it was very rude of him not to reply back, so for that day forward, I decided to not like him haha. But I have heard from other people that he is quite rude and obnoxious.
Ok, fair enough.

I just thought to mention it, because I've been mentioned to be rude to some people, when I've simply been in my own thoughts and own little world for a moment, and have accidentally ignored people who have said hi to me.
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:09
Rutakateki
Forum Member

I can understand that. From reading Helter Skelter myself, I got the impression that the members of Manson's 'Family' were emotionally damaged, vulnerable people, who Manson systematically brainwashed with mind-control techniques, hallucinogenic drugs and all other kinds of craziness. Without his malign influence and control, I doubt the murders would have happened.

Very interested in your experience, but it's off-topic sadly, so I shall refrain from asking!
Rutakateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:14
koshernostra
Inactive Member

Yeah, what a shame.

'I was stoned, man, stoned on acid,' Atkins testified during the trial's penalty phase.
'I don't know how many times I stabbed (Tate) and I don't know why I stabbed her," she said. 'She kept begging and pleading and begging and pleading and I got sick of listening to it, so I stabbed her.'
She said she felt 'no guilt for what I've done. It was right then and I still believe it was right'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1wpiXlZQo
Don't have to go to the link, I'm quite familiar with the case and Atkins death.
Old 04-06-2012, 17:16
koshernostra
Inactive Member

Its funny many have said Lulu. I also know someone who met her and they claimed she was a proper diva and had everyone in shock at just how rude she was.
I've heard that from others, but don't know first hand. I imagine her to be a nice person.
Old 04-06-2012, 17:21
len112
Forum Member

I can understand that. From reading Helter Skelter myself, I got the impression that the members of Manson's 'Family' were emotionally damaged, vulnerable people, who Manson systematically brainwashed with mind-control techniques, hallucinogenic drugs and all other kinds of craziness. Without his malign influence and control, I doubt the murders would have happened.

Very interested in your experience, but it's off-topic sadly, so I shall refrain from asking!
Manson wasn't actually present at any of the murders though was he ?
len112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:33
koshernostra
Inactive Member

Perhaps that's just as well.

Meantime, excuse me if I don't consider your views on these particular "nice celebritities" as having any validity whatsoever.
To be honest, I couldn't give a rats ass about what you think, but why do I think it all comes down to envy? Not that I think I'm all that or my views are worth diddly, but you are barely able to conceal it.

After all this is a lighthearted thread that you have decided to make personal.

There is much more to life than hanging on Daily Mail views. Stepping into these 'nice peoples' world gives you a better understanding than self righteous sanctimonious views and mob mentality.