Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 04-06-2012, 17:39
koshernostra
Inactive Member

Manson wasn't actually present at any of the murders though was he ?

You are right he wasn't present, and they were angry, impressionable teenagers who are now grey haired women in their late 60's.

They've learned a lot about themselves and what they did.
koshernostra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-06-2012, 18:47
picklesandginge
Forum Member

Ed Westwick - Met him in a pub when his friend was trying to chat me up, using the line 'Do you want to meet my friend?' He is ridiculously good looking in real life, and the only celebrity I've ever seen who actually has that whole 'aura' thing going on. Was lovely and down to earth, and talking to everyone, including some teenage girls that were waiting outside for photos. We had a few drinks with him before they left and went to another pub where apparently he acted quite sleazily to the barmaid that I know. Saw him in the same pub a few weeks later with Jessica Szohr when they were together, both wearing ridiculous hats, and kept themselves to themselves. They left and were having a huge argument down the street.

Saw Diana Vickers about a year ago at a club night her boyfriend runs. She was really friendly to the boys in there, but quite rude to the girls, kept dancing into my friend all night and spilt her drink over her without apologising.

Ellie Goulding was there the same night and was really lovely. It was just after the royal wedding, and we chatted about her performing for Kate and Will. Saw her in the toilet later talking to a girl about her trousers which she'd ripped. Such a lovely girl, someone you want to be friends with.

Met Sam Robertson (played Adam Barlow in Corrie, and was in Beaver Falls,) in the same pub a few weeks later. Had a huge hat on and seemed to be by himself. Really good looking but seemed to be quite full of himself. Attempted to chat me up, and as soon as it was clear I wasn't going to go home with him moved straight on to a girl standing two foot away from me.

Caroline Flack was incredibly obnoxious. Saw her in a pub around the time she first started to date Harry Styles. It was an acoustic night, and really quiet, but she came into the pub talking really loud, without any respect for the singer. My friend was at the bar talking to the barman, and she interrupted her to attempt to chat him up. Spent the whole night trying to draw attention to herself. Have heard a lot of bad things about her, she has a bit of a reputation for going with men that can help further her career.

I see quite a lot of famous people in the pubs around Camden/Kentish town again and again. Jameela Jamil is lovely and always looks beautiful, spoke to my friend for quite a long time about getting a job in journalism. See Rick Edwards quite a lot as he lives around here, never actually met/spoken to him, but he's a giant and very good looking! Saw Julian Barrett and Julia Davis quite a few times when I lived in another area of London, though never together. I'm such a huge fan of Julia's that I've never had the courage to approach her.
picklesandginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 20:57
Pumpkin Soup
Forum Member

Saw Diana Vickers about a year ago at a club night her boyfriend runs. She was really friendly to the boys in there, but quite rude to the girls, kept dancing into my friend all night and spilt her drink over her without apologising.
I love Diana's music, but she has turned into a snooty little madam since X-Factor. Fame seems to have gone to her head. Not sure why, either, she's pretty much flopped.
Pumpkin Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:15
dorydaryl
Forum Member

A friend of mine was a dresser at Yorkshire tv many years ago and she said the worst person she ever worked with was Miriam Stoppard....she had a show where she gave advice to people on sensitive emotional matters and she would look and act all caring and sympathetic but as soon as the camera was off she treated everyone like dirt.
I remember that show
I always thought she seemed up herself.

My mum temped as a secretary at YTV for a good while and said that the then Calendar news team who she was working for were mostly nice (I think Richard Madeley was with them, then, too) but she didn't like Richard Whiteley. She also saw people like DameThora Hird (who was starring in 'In Loving Memory' at the time) and the Emeerdale cast. She said most of them were just friendly, ordinary people when they were in the canteen and didn't set themselves apart from the other 'staff'. It was a positive experience for her.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:21
spaniel-lover
Inactive Member

I met Sean Bean & he was very nice. I met Neil Morrissey & he was a **** (ditto Frank Lampard). Jonathan Knight from New Kids On The Block was nice.
spaniel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51
M@nterik
Forum Member

You are right he wasn't present, and they were angry, impressionable teenagers who are now grey haired women in their late 60's.

They've learned a lot about themselves and what they did.
It did not help that they treated the court as as a joke. Van houten and krenwinkel will die in jail.
M@nterik is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:05
koshernostra
Inactive Member

It did not help that they treated the court as as a joke. Van houten and krenwinkel will die in jail.
Oh FFS as that all you can say? It's exactly the point I made in my post.

20 yrs ago I spat at a cop in a court room. Do you think I would be stupid enough to do the same thing today?
koshernostra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 18:43
laska
Forum Member

Twice I meet him. Once at party and once on a video shoot, both in Los Angeles.
And......was he really nice/friendly/chatty?

I'm a huge fan of his and he always comes across as a really humble normal guy...
laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:01
DavetheScot
Forum Member

Oh FFS as that all you can say? It's exactly the point I made in my post.

20 yrs ago I spat at a cop in a court room. Do you think I would be stupid enough to do the same thing today?
I agree with you. These murders were committed by weak, damaged individuals under the influence of an evil man. The murders were atrocious and it was absolutely right that those involved spent a very long time in prison. But it's perfectly possible for those involved to have changed in over forty years. Whether they have, or whether it's a show to get parole, I can't say, but someone like you who has spent time incarcerated with them is likely to be in as good a position as anyone to judge.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:23
realwales
Forum Member

I've contributed to this thread/similar threads in the past but I'll add a few more I may or may not have mentioned:

Nice:

Ieuan Evans - A rugby legend who is down to earth and genuine in real life.
Phil Bennett - Ditto.
Huw Edwards - I know he's not universally liked but he was absolutely great with me. I suspect his critics are production staff who are poor at their jobs.

Not so nice:

Aled Jones - I work in the media and have never heard anyone who has worked with him say a good word about him.
Tommy Boyd - the former TV presenter, NOT the Scottish footballer. A horrible little man who is not short of enemies.
Alan Mullally - the former England cricketer is a big-headed prat.
Owen Money - A well-known broadcaster in Wales. Horrible bloke.
realwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:35
CRM
Forum Member

Aled Jones is a pisshead.
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:59
gpk
Forum Member

I've contributed to this thread/similar threads in the past but I'll add a few more I may or may not have mentioned:

Nice:

Ieuan Evans - A rugby legend who is down to earth and genuine in real life.
Phil Bennett - Ditto.
Huw Edwards - I know he's not universally liked but he was absolutely great with me. I suspect his critics are production staff who are poor at their jobs.

Not so nice:

Aled Jones - I work in the media and have never heard anyone who has worked with him say a good word about him.
Tommy Boyd - the former TV presenter, NOT the Scottish footballer. A horrible little man who is not short of enemies.
Alan Mullally - the former England cricketer is a big-headed prat.
Owen Money - A well-known broadcaster in Wales. Horrible bloke.
i went to the same school as his son, matthew i think his name was/is. he was quite slow to be honest and the last time i saw him he was working at a carwash in briton ferry.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:17
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Not so nice:

Really? I've heard rumours before. What's the issue with him, then? What do people say? His on-screen persona seems quite friendly.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:35
realwales
Forum Member

Really? I've heard rumours before. What's the issue with him, then? What do people say? His on-screen persona seems quite friendly.
He is very rude and demanding to the people he works with. He lacks basic good manners and respect. Most people who have had dealings with him would agree.
realwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 13:57
IrishChick
Forum Member

Craig DoyleI ( Tv Presenter ) a complete ****wit really ignorant and wanted to be seen talking to the right people and had very little time for me.
Nick Kennedy the London Irish player total knob jockey, very ignorant and expected everyone to fall at his feet
IrishChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 20:44
lou-kate
Forum Member

I met Patrick Stewart and he was a miserable turd, and incredibly short. A friend and I waited for him outside a theatre after a performance and there was a weird superfan waiting for him too, with a special diary of all her encounters with him. When he spoke to her, she told him that his scottish accent had sounded northern, it was a very tense moment. He looked flumoxed and I tried to change the subject by asking him who is favourite x-man was (much to the extreme mirth of my friend) and he stalked off.
lou-kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 20:53
mike1948
Forum Member

Aled Jones is a pisshead.
Hasn't he been chosen as the new co-presenter of ITV's Daybreak?
mike1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:05
The Chief
Forum Member

ive heard that elaine c smith is a right bitch
Have to disagree, we met her several times as kids after her pantos in Glasgow and she was lovely every time, chatted for ages and seemed really genuine, posed for photos, signed programmes.

The late Gerard Kelly who also did the Glasgow pantos was the same, really nice guy.

Great thread tho, have enjoyed reading over the years!

Apart from that, have also briefly met Dave Grohl who was every bit as nice as they make out and Lemmy who was polite and a real gentleman.
The Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:24
zx50
Forum Member

Hasn't he been chosen as the new co-presenter of ITV's Daybreak?
I don't suppose they'll care what his off-screen personality is like, just so long as he gets the job done.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 21:45
happy tv

To be honest, I would take the opinions of people on this thread with a pinch of salt. While some might have met celebrities, their opinions could be based on less than a minute with the celebrity or could be based on a dislike they have anyway.
happy tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 22:34
The Chief
Forum Member

To be honest, I would take the opinions of people on this thread with a pinch of salt. While some might have met celebrities, their opinions could be based on less than a minute with the celebrity or could be based on a dislike they have anyway.
Isn't that the point though?
I don't think this thread is intended to analyse a person's entire personality but just reflect how they are towards their fans/people who meet them - these instances usually lasting only a few minutes anyway.
The Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 22:52
Stockingfiller
Forum Member

[quote=lou-kate;58670498]I met Patrick Stewart and he was a miserable turd, and incredibly short. A friend and I waited for him outside a theatre after a performance and there was a weird superfan waiting for him too, with a special diary of all her encounters with him. When he spoke to her, she told him that his scottish accent had sounded northern, it was a very tense moment. He looked flumoxed and I tried to change the subject by asking him who is favourite x-man was (much to the extreme mirth of my friend) and he stalked off.[/QUOTE

Seems as if you had some bad luck probably due to him wanting to get away from 'superfan', because I met him a few times and he was really pleasant. It must make people nervous, when people ( not you ! ) are obssessive.
Stockingfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 00:08
dorydaryl
Forum Member

He is very rude and demanding to the people he works with. He lacks basic good manners and respect. Most people who have had dealings with him would agree.
That's a shame although I can believe it. Thanks for answering
Old 07-06-2012, 09:12
msmasood
Forum Member

My first ever post...so here goes!
Nice
Elle Mcphearson
Mark and Kian from Westlife
Jenson Button
Judith Chalmers
Rhino and Wolf (gladiators)
Juan Pablo Montoya
Rowan Atkinson
Jeremy Clarkson

Not so nice
Tanni Gray-Thompson
Huw Higginson (ex bill actor)
The other 3 in Westlife
msmasood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38
Misty08
Forum Member

Isn't that the point though?
I don't think this thread is intended to analyse a person's entire personality but just reflect how they are towards their fans/people who meet them - these instances usually lasting only a few minutes anyway.
I am suspicious of some of the "he blanked me, therefore, he`s a horrible person" ones. Everyone has an off-day, and you only get one side of the story (I suspect shyness could be a problem with some celebs). I am sure there is not a celeb on the planet that someone on here cannot claim to have had a bad experience with. However, there are a couple about whom we are struggling to find anyone who has anything nice to say about them, including people who have worked with them.
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote