Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Panicking!!driving test-confirmation letter!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:34
carmella17
Forum Member

Hi guys..please can anyone help!
I have my driving test tomorow and suddenly realised i have lost my confirmation letter..thought i had it but when looking at it properly saw it was for an earlier test which i cancelled!i have just read that when you take your test you need this confirmation letter!!!I am panicking now because i cant find it!Have to be up at six tomorow ready for my test and instead of getting a good night sleep which i planned to do, i am up searching and worrying about this blimmin letter!!!
has anyone who has taken the test deffintly needed this letter???
THank you!!!!
carmella17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:01
BusyB
Forum Member

I have my driving test tomorow and suddenly realised i have lost my confirmation letter..thought i had it but when looking at it properly saw it was for an earlier test which i cancelled!i have just read that when you take your test you need this confirmation letter!!!I am panicking now because i cant find it!Have to be up at six tomorow ready for my test and instead of getting a good night sleep which i planned to do, i am up searching and worrying about this blimmin letter!!!
THank you!!!!
Just say the letter never arrived. That way its not your fault. But remember to take your driving license with you obviously. Good luck.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:34
*lisalovesmuse*
Forum Member

THank you!!!!
Carmella, you don't need it...you can stop panicking!!

I had my test last week (I failed! ) and all I was asked for was the 2 parts of my licence.

P.S - If you have bus lanes on your test routes check the usage times and if you can use them, use them...this is what I failed my test for!!

Good Luck
*lisalovesmuse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:16
robbies_gal
Forum Member

good luck dont wrry about the letter they never asked for mine

try and get a good night sleep it will help
robbies_gal is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 18:22
carmella17
Forum Member

Thanks for your help guys I didnt need the letter- you where right!!
Aw lisa how anoying!I didnt even know you could fail for that..would be the last thing i would be concentrating on!!! Im sure you will pass next time!If it makes you feel any better..i failed too!Tryed to do a reverse round the corner and just gave up in the end lol It was just not gonna happen!
carmella17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 19:24
robbies_gal
Forum Member

sorry to hear that i didnt pass first time either
Old 11-11-2008, 21:16
CANDYANGEL
Forum Member

They never even checked my Theory Test certificate when I went for mine just the 2 parts of the provisional licence.
CANDYANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:42
*lisalovesmuse*
Forum Member

Thanks for your help guys I didnt need the letter- you where right!!
Aw lisa how anoying!I didnt even know you could fail for that..would be the last thing i would be concentrating on!!! Im sure you will pass next time!If it makes you feel any better..i failed too!Tryed to do a reverse round the corner and just gave up in the end lol It was just not gonna happen!
Carmella...sorry to hear that. Hope your going to rebook?

I'm not a nervous person at all and in my lesson beforehand with my instructor we were laughing and joking and had the radio playing etc but as soon as the examiner got in the car I could not stop by left leg from shaking!!!! Bloody nerves!!!

I never got asked for my theory certificate either, I assume since its all on a database they can check prior to your test.

3 weeks to go until my next!!!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:47
robbies_gal
Forum Member

good luck to both of you

have iu tried anythign like rmemdy rescue? natural herb that calms you down
Old 12-11-2008, 12:54
Lollapalooza

good luck to both of you

have iu tried anythign like rmemdy rescue? natural herb that calms you down
I second Rescue Remedy (you can get it in the chemist/supermarket/herbal shops). It certainly passed my test for me first time - without it I would have been an absolute bag of nerves and NEVER would have passed!

Just be wary of how much you put on your tongue though. It tastes like neat brandy because of the high volume of alcohol in it and I honestly cannot remember any part of my test whatsoever! I can assure you I was not drunk(!) but it does relax you that much that you totally forget what you've just done once you finish the route. I guess it's because you haven't got all the nervy-moments to cling on to!

I remember offering some rescue remedy to one of my classmates before he had to do a presentation at uni. He took the pipette out and swigged half the bottle. He lost his vision by the end of the 10 mins!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:56
robbies_gal
Forum Member

sorry rescue remedy

yes its got slight alcohol in it but not enough for you not to drive its very miniscule was recommended it by my instructor
Old 12-11-2008, 13:12
Snikpoh
Forum Member

I use Rescue Remedy pastilles - easier to control the dosage.
Snikpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 14:21
*lisalovesmuse*
Forum Member

Oooh thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll have a look into it!

Lisa x
Old 12-11-2008, 15:03
jay2009
Forum Member

OMG, I can't belive you resorted to alcohol
Yeah I passed my test first time, but my dads friend , an x instuctor tought me from 15.
jay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 16:10
Andy_Goodchild
Forum Member

I'm sorry to hear you failed, I had my 3rd Test yesterday, and thankfully I passed.

Don't get too downhearted at failing, In a way I am pleased that i failed my first test, the experience I gained in the since June (my first test) is probably more useful to the experience I had from the year before.

Good Luck next time
Andy_Goodchild is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote