Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Wireless Headphones x 2

Old 15-11-2008, 23:46
DaisyBumbleroot
Forum Member

We just got a fab new 5.1 and its awesome.

But when gaming its so bloody loud, especially in fights when guns are blazing and swords are clashing so i keep telling husband to turn it down (we have an 80 odd year old dear next door and its not fair to have it too loud) and he ends up saying we might as well unplug it!

Im thinking about buying some wireless headphones for using after say 930pm, but can you have 2 pairs running because obviously we both want to hear it!
DaisyBumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-11-2008, 00:36
RobAnt
Forum Member

RF (radio frequency) it might be possible, if you get two sets that can listen in to the same frequency. IR (Infra Red) less chance of this being possible. But to be honest I don't really know, never having tried it.

But for standard headphones take your pick [click].
RobAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 13:26
koiboy01
Forum Member

Hi,
I have two pair of wirelesss headphones which can be used by two people at the same time listening to the same sound with no problem.
koiboy01
koiboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 14:17
clockworks999
Forum Member

2 sets of RF or IR headphones will work fine at the same time. Just connect one base station to your amp or TV.
clockworks999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 16:10
DaisyBumbleroot
Forum Member

Hi,
I have two pair of wirelesss headphones which can be used by two people at the same time listening to the same sound with no problem.
koiboy01
what make are they please?

what happens, do you plug a reciever into the dvd player or something,how does it work please?
Old 19-11-2008, 16:27
niall campbell
Forum Member

and you need a pair which dont get interference from LCD telly or plasma. ............ I always forget which

http://www.limitedgoods.com/itemView...aign=FroogleUK
niall campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 16:29
sancheeez
Forum Member

I use these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-9...7111906&sr=8-1

Excellent headphones as far as wireless units go.

You can buy additional headsets so no reason you couldn't have two of them picking up the same transmission ..... just tune them both to the same frequency. (They're RF)

The above link is the headphones with transmitter unit. You can buy additional headphone sets separately. (eg. http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/senn...rodid-641.html)

Should work for the cheaper models by Sennheiser as well. (Rs110, RS120 etc)
sancheeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 17:37
DaisyBumbleroot
Forum Member

Its an LCD tv

so basically, i need an RF pair of headphones and a transmitter which i plug into the DVD player (or is it telly?) and any more RF headphones I buy i can tune into that one transmitter? And in theory i could have as many wireless headphones as i liked, all tuned in? i could have a Silent Disco!!! in MY house!
Old 19-11-2008, 18:34
sancheeez
Forum Member

Yup.

Thats about the size of it.

Not sure how well one brand of headphones would work with a different brands reciever, you'd need to check what frequencies they use, but if it's the same brand throughout, and RF, then yes .... silent disco here you come!

(You can plug the transmitter into whatever you like .... line-out or headphone, both should work - well, line-out is OK with my Sennheisers, other brands you'd need to check)
sancheeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 23:57
abercwmstoom
Forum Member

or you could purchase 2 for the price of 1 from here
abercwmstoom is offline   Reply With Quote