Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

My shredder won't shred!

Old 19-11-2008, 11:29
Glamfan

It's always been a bit moody, but now is just sitting behind me and sulking. It works in reverse OK, but I think the sensor which detects the presence of paper seems to have died. I've emptied the bin, made sure it's not blocked and it's located correctly over the bin......any easy fixes, or is it completely dead?
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-11-2008, 11:31
AmjidS
Forum Member

If it works in reverse, feed paper in from the bottom

Sounds silly but will work.
AmjidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 11:32
susie-4964
Forum Member

It's always been a bit moody, but now is just sitting behind me and sulking. It works in reverse OK, but I think the sensor which detects the presence of paper seems to have died. I've emptied the bin, made sure it's not blocked and it's located correctly over the bin......any easy fixes, or is it completely dead?
If it's working in reverse and you're sure it's not blocked, it's probably dead. Mine often collapses in a heap because I overload it and it blows the fuse, but that wouldn't be the problem here. I'd just get a new one, they're not that expensive.
susie-4964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 11:36
jackybabes
Forum Member

Why bother with a shredder, the MOD don't, just leave it lying around the office, park bench, train seat or pub and I'm sure it will be printed in the national papers.

If you don't fancy this then rip into 4 and chew

have a nice day
jackybabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 11:36
Glamfan

Wow thanks! You're both right, it does shred in reverse (awkward, but better than leaving bank statements in the bin) - at least that will see me through til I get a new one!
Old 19-11-2008, 11:37
Glamfan

Why bother with a shredder, the MOD don't, just leave it lying around the office, park bench, train seat or pub and I'm sure it will be printed in the national papers.

If you don't fancy this then rip into 4 and chew

have a nice day

Yum! Helps the diet too!