sony ericsson k770i keys not working.

j24j24 Posts: 3,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hey all, i have a problem with my mobile - random keys wont work, 4,7,9, * & #. which means i cant lock my phone nor write text messages. :mad:
has anyone else had similar trouble or does anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    How long have you had your phone? If it's less than 2 years then send it for repair. If you live in London, then some Carphone Warehouse does express repair, within 48 hours. Most SE Phones come with a 2 years warranty.
  • j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its only a few months old:(, i am going to take it back to vodafone shop in the morning to send it off for repairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I would try see if there any CPW does express repair first, coz it's still free of charge (ask to confrim when you are there). Thsi way you don't have to end up waiting for weeks for the phone to come back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ExTraP wrote: »
    I would try see if there any CPW does express repair first, coz it's still free of charge (ask to confrim when you are there). Thsi way you don't have to end up waiting for weeks for the phone to come back.

i'm on contract with vodafone, surely carphone wouldnt fix it free, would they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    yep they will - they will require a proof of ownership though (copy receipt or copy of contract etc.)
    An Express repair Centre will do it under warranty for you for nowt (normally within 24 hours). You don't say where you live -
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/support/store-locator/express-repair-centres will give you a list of all the ERCs in the UK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh poo, theres non near me :(
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I still use this for the FM radio. The top right button mysteriously stopped working so I dug it out trying to get to the actual button underneath It mysteriously started working again. But the button is now messed up at least access to radio is back. I created a shortcut so a different button can be pressed to get to it!
  • MarkymodemMarkymodem Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    6 years post gap....lol :o