Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Countdown - so much better these days!

Old 09-09-2014, 10:38
eye3
Forum Member

Yes I know it's an american show but it's on itv3

The case just on was a woman who bought knock off D&G bags (fakes) then passed them on to a friend to sell . The friend never paid or returned the fakes. She said she threw them away

Judge Judy awarded the plaintiff $1100!
Why? She was illegally selling on fakes??!!
eye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:47
Semillion
Forum Member

Yes I know it's an american show but it's on itv3

The case just on was a woman who bought knock off D&G bags (fakes) then passed them on to a friend to sell . The friend never paid or returned the fakes. She said she three them away

Judge Judy awarded the plaintiff $1100!
Why? She was illegally selling on fakes??!!
Judge Judy is a small claims court, not a criminal court. She was ruling on the plaintiff's claim that her property was taken and not returned, the issue was not if the bags were fakes or genuine, just that the bags were the plaintiff's property and they were disposed of.

I watched an episode yesterday of JJ where she completely owned a 14 year female bully with way too much attitude; JJ gave her the full blast and the girl finished up in tears "How do you like it when people make YOU cry young lady? it's not very nice IS IT?"

That's what we need over here
Semillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:03
eye3
Forum Member

Good for her! Love JJ
Old 09-09-2014, 14:28
eye3
Forum Member

Judge Judy is a small claims court, not a criminal court. She was ruling on the plaintiff's claim that her property was taken and not returned, the issue was not if the bags were fakes or genuine, just that the bags were the plaintiff's property and they were disposed of.

I watched an episode yesterday of JJ where she completely owned a 14 year female bully with way too much attitude; JJ gave her the full blast and the girl finished up in tears "How do you like it when people make YOU cry young lady? it's not very nice IS IT?"

That's what we need over here
Same episode shown just now
Old 09-09-2014, 16:48
ClarkF1
Forum Member

Yeah. They tend to show the same two several times a day.

Can't believe a woman who a man admitted assaulting would plan to go on holiday with him and then try to claim the money back when it fell through.

I love it when they're still trying to argue their case and Judy walks off
ClarkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 18:35
louise1966
Forum Member

It is the duty of the Judge, to adhere to, and apply, the law. Subsequently, the onus is on the purchasers of said bags, to sue. And the police may even approach the plaintiff, to uncover her supplier.
I agree, however, she shouldn't have been awarded anything. As is often said, though, the law is an ass.
louise1966 is offline   Reply With Quote