Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that an order?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    Lushness wrote: »
    Lovely start. 😍 Can we get like two more, then I'll feel a bit more comfortable.

Don't think I'll ever feel comfortable until the final whistle, especially after the Newcastle game several years ago.

Not going to lie, when I saw the line-up I was wondering where the goals were coming from.

Just hope we don't sit back in the second half and invite pressure.

You're absolutely right, and this isn't 2004 😆
  • Options
    paulthurrottpaulthurrott Posts: 195,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Is that an order?

Yes it is. :#;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edited 26/09/21 - 17:09 #5
    This is going to be a really difficult 20 minutes or so.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toughed it out and worthy winners. A bit tired towards the end I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put the Spuds DVD on hold.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just love to see it, don’t you?
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    This is going to be a really difficult 20 minutes or so.

Always bound to happen. Good to win though!!!
  • Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that- finally you can see a semblance of what he is trying to build. Take back everything I said about Ramsdale when he was signed- he gives us so much more than Leno. Never take back what I said about Xhaka- some of his tackling was ridiculous and he is such a liability.
    Nothing to worry about for Spurs- they've got the August Trophy and it can never be taken away from them.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    St. Totts is back on!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Shame we couldn't keep a clean sheet but we won and that's the main thing. Very good first half display :)
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26/09/21 - 20:27 #14
    Today was a massive release after lockdown and a long time without a big win. The ground rocked in a way it’s only done 3/4 times since the move and the team responded. We were superb from the start and apart from a late blip should have won by more. If only every game could have the fans bouncing before, during and after like that every week. My 17 year old sat(stood) on her own for the 1st time today and told me she ended up several rows further down after Saka goal, my work here is done!!
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a game.

The first half was brilliant. No complaints at all. (Can’t remember the last time I said that about Arsenal!)

The second half was good. Shame we conceded, but it happens.

The atmosphere was electric. Need to see more of these performances!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenas is in MOTD. Get the popcorn ready folks, it’s going to be funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can Arsenal please bring the same energy against Brighton, because that isn't going to be easy and we can't afford to be complacent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gael Clichy: "Arteta could be the next Arsene Wenger".

Steady on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Steady on.

Clichy could be the next Ashley Cole, yeah right.
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member

Steady on.

Arteta has improved his position for now, but unless the next few games can show the same energy, precision and ruthlessness that today did, I'm not going to sing his praises, let alone compare him to the early Wenger. Yeah, today was great, and hats off to the whole team, staff and Arteta for it, but it's not going to wipe away the memory of the last couple of seasons. At least for now.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,967
    Forum Member

Steady on.

I think I’d like whatever Clichy has been smoking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gort wrote: »

Steady on.

Arteta has improved his position for now, but unless the next few games can show the same energy, precision and ruthlessness that today did, I'm not going to sing his praises, let alone compare him to the early Wenger. Yeah, today was great, and hats off to the whole team, staff and Arteta for it, but it's not going to wipe away the memory of the last couple of seasons. At least for now.

Indeed, that would be a consistent view across Arsenal fans even if I wanted to give him a hug myself at the end as he clearly gets it.

The problem with pundits as a whole as your 1 win from being the best thing since sliced bread and 1 loss from being rubbish and needing a new manager. We have to go game by game with this team as they’re still a work in progress but there are some tiny acorns…
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we’re all still basking in the warm glow of beating our nearest and dearest!! It seems Xhaka is going to be out for around 2 months following an injury he picked up in the run up to their goal. Our 1st 11-12 seems pretty fixed at the moment so I guess he’ll either bring Pepe in and play Odegaard slightly deeper or bring in Sambi/AMN to play next to Partey. As I’ve said previously we can’t look far ahead with this team and there isn’t much depth but there’s definitely tiny acorns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three months out apparently. Might be an opportunity for AMN to do something useful for us. Can see him getting some game time now.