Options

🦩Hamza and Jowita🦩

DervlathedogDervlathedog Posts: 10,069
Forum Member
✭✭
Sooooo lovely and smooth.

In truth, I love pretty much everyone this year, but seeing that large-framed man soooo graceful made my eyes leak.

Plus: the hair!
(And the nonchalant cheetah)

They’re a lovely team

Comments

• Options
    Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 195,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a lovely guy
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jowita is my new favourite pro. Good luck guys!!
  • Options
    SwirlyspanielSwirlyspaniel Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jowita is just stunning and Hamza seems like such a gentle soul. I really hope they go far!
  • Options
    Polly-TPolly-T Posts: 21,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't help but warm to Hamza. What a genuinely lovely guy. He has natural rhythm too. One to Watch
  • Options
    megashoppermegashopper Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member
    He also has loose hips so I'm expecting good things in the Latin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Through the glittery doors
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci530dqsyRd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

@megashopper yes, me too. I was expecting him to be good with the latin dances because of his quick feet. His grace in the foxtrot tho was a complete surprise.

Really pleased for Jowita!

• Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jowita is a lovely little fairy and Hamza is a cuddly bear. Who knew they could produce such a refined foxtrot?

I did laugh when they were spinning round and his hair was at full throttle. It probably helped with the momentum :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    AragornetteAragornette Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I'm not really one for appreciation threads but I'll just say hi and that I think this is the loveliest couple. Just the right mix of pure lovely and humorous self deprecation.
  • Options
    claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just joining in to say how amazing Hamza and Jowita are as a couple.
    He is an absolute delight and I hope they go far - looking forward to following their progress.
  • Options
    LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope these two go far! The way he moved in his intro had me thinking he might be OK with the Latin, but his foxtrot was a revelation! Early days, of course, but he could be an all-rounder and this year's "dark horse". If so, I couldn't be happier. Hamza seems like such an intelligent man as well as a gentle soul, and Jowita is a delight. They are definitely one of this year's best pairings.
  • Options
    RubatoRubato Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a surprise this was. I really enjoyed this dance from Hamza. One thing that hit me right from the start, was the smoothness of the actions through the feet, the smooth transitions from foot to foot, great footwork in his weaves keeping his weight forward, again aiding smooth movement. Great job Hamza and well done Jowita.
  • Options
    hayleybbhayleybb Posts: 2,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn’t know Hamza before this, but he seems lovely and I was so surprised by how good the foxtrot looked!
    What a natural dancer 😁
    Can’t wait to see what they do next week
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 25/09/22 - 07:00 #15
    Rubato wrote: »
    What a surprise this was. I really enjoyed this dance from Hamza. One thing that hit me right from the start, was the smoothness of the actions through the feet, the smooth transitions from foot to foot, great footwork in his weaves keeping his weight forward, again aiding smooth movement. Great job Hamza and well done Jowita.

Good to have your perspective. It looked “right” to me, but I dob’t have the knowledge to analyse why. Thanks.

I’ve a feeling Jowita is a good teacher. She managed to get a very pleasant dance from a rather lumbering and über-unconfident Adrian Chiles in the Christmas special. I suspect Hamza has a bit more natural ability, but he didn’t look an obvious candidate for ballroom. Good student? Good teacher? Two sweet people? Could be a great combo.
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    edited 25/09/22 - 08:46 #16
    I've had visitors for the last few days so am late checking in with DS.

I knew Hamza was going to be a favourite of mine but wasn't sure what to expect. Was pleasantly suprised in the launch show to see some good rhythm and then that Foxtrot happened. Really so good, specially for a first dance. Quite a few celebs have a bit of a rictus smile planted on them for ballroom but his was completely genuine. Great chemistry between them and he's not an actor or had any experience with performance as far as I know. Jowita made the routine interesting, spicing it up with some great accents of choreography.

I'm a happy bunny! :smile:

Edit to say I did think the marking got a bit over the top towards the end, so a tad overmarked as were other couples in the second half of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 25/09/22 - 09:25 #17
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    I've had visitors for the last few days so am late checking in with DS.

I knew Hamza was going to be a favourite of mine but wasn't sure what to expect. Was pleasantly suprised in the launch show to see some good rhythm and then that Foxtrot happened. Really so good, specially for a first dance. Quite a few celebs have a bit of a rictus smile planted on them for ballroom but his was completely genuine. Great chemistry between them and he's not an actor or had any experience with performance as far as I know. Jowita made the routine interesting, spicing it up with some great accents of choreography.

I'm a happy bunny! :smile:

Edit to say I did think the marking got a bit over the top towards the end, so a tad overmarked as were other couples in the second half of the show.

He looked relaxed didn’t he? Like he had time to feel the dance and to connect to the music and with Jowito instead of struggling to remember the routine and what his body should be doing—as a lot of beginners have to do.

I noticed James Jordan claiming Hamza has loads of dance training. (Not in an attacking way, just saying it in the midst of a lot of approval.) No idea if true or not! Hamza says he’s been enjoying Highland dancing. Could that be it? 😎
  • Options
    Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 195,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Shirley's comments to Hamza yesterday
  • Options
    PresidentPinguPresidentPingu Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore this pair. Hamza is just wonderful and such an interesting man! Jowita has really grown on me and I think she's probably a very good teacher.

Looking forward to seeing them do Latin. I reckon they'll smash it!
  • Options
    SaffDaffSaffDaff Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamza is a great example of why I get frustrated when people complain about Strictly getting 'nobodies' on the show. I admit I'd never heard of him before and probably never would have without Strictly, but already he seems like such an interesting and lovely man I can't wait to find out more! And he was just a joy to watch when he danced, so smooth.

Jowita seems lovely too, and they look great together. I can't wait for some Latin!
  • Options
    DemogorgeousDemogorgeous Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore these two. Their dance was beautiful and they're a really lovely partnership.
  • Options
    GreenElephantGreenElephant Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m delighted Jowita got a partner this year and Hamza seems so likeable and a natural dancer that I can see them going far 👏 👏
  • Options
    armandiiarmandii Posts: 5,560
    Forum Member
    I’m in lurrvvee! Loving these two sweetie pies. I have a couple of other favs at the moment but there’s something so unforced about these two. Fingers x’d they do well. Pretty 🦩🦩 mwah!
  • Options
    armandiiarmandii Posts: 5,560
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Jowita is a lovely little fairy and Hamza is a cuddly bear. Who knew they could produce such a refined foxtrot?

I did laugh when they were spinning round and his hair was at full throttle. It probably helped with the momentum :)

Sorry, double post… Hamza’s hair made me think of the swirl of the kilt in Scottish dancing. It adds to the swing and sway a bit!

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    I'm just catching up[ on the launch - how likeable/ lovely is Hamza
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 25/09/22 - 12:15 #26
    If, like me, you didn’t know who Hamza was beforehand, and you’re looking to find out, C4 has 2 Scottish series from him. And he truly is the gentle soul everyone is saying. I’ve watched the first two eps of a series where he’s showing celebs round the highlands and islands. His photography skills and knowledge are brill of course but he’s also deeply kind with his guests. He creates a space for people to step forward into

Lurveeeeee!
    💚