Options

The Layton Williams & Nikita Kuzmin Appreciation Thread

Hyped for these two!

So good that Nikita has bagged himself someone with massive potential. Also Nikita dancing with Carlos last year was amazing. So looking forward to seeing what he can do with Layton.

It’s going to be amazing!

Comments

• Options
    charlotte_pcharlotte_p Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    The signs seem promising that Nikita can get to his first final, here's hoping. Looking forward to the samba, should be amazing.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing what Nikita does with Layton, they could be a fabulous pairing.
  • Options
    Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 195,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layton is on Blankety black on 30th September
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to these two. I think they could be spectacular. Samba is very tricky as a first dance but Layton will give it a good go I'm sure.
  • Options
    MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was impressed with their samba and Layton’s athleticism. I liked their outfits very much and visually they work as a couple. I hope this translates in ballroom hold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 24/09/23 - 13:04 #7
    Layton did very well and the pair of them are really exciting to watch.

I think Layton will watch and learn, he is very competitive and this bodes well for some spectacular learning curve. Well done the pair of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 24/09/23 - 14:21 #8
    Absolutely superb opening dance from Layton. I liked that he realised that his previous dance training wasn't necessarily going to be an advantage.
    He needs to learn to pull inward a bit so he's not quite as exuberant and work on his feet, but otherwise, that was a glorious Samba, beautiful extensions, fluidity, his musicality is fabulous, timing was spot on and he's definitely got the energy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice showing on ITT tonight, Layton seemed a bit nervous bless him, but they were fun and are doing a QS next Saturday to 'Putting on the Ritz' which I'm sure will be spectacular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice showing on ITT tonight, Layton seemed a bit nervous bless him, but they were fun and are doing a QS next Saturday to 'Putting on the Ritz' which I'm sure will be spectacular.

Thanks for the update. I missed ITT.

I am so here for their QS 🥳
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh that is a fabulous tune to have. I wonder if Layton will go more gender fluid with his costume again, that would be brilliant too.
  • Options
    be-musedbe-mused Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rewatched the Samba yesterday - Layton has such a presence on the dance floor, he's a born performer!

They have a great chemistry together and Nikita is a fab choreographer. Looking forward to their QS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, as a dancer myself, that Layton has a lot to learn and he's just beginning to understand this.
    This is going to be a tough and exciting partnership with ups and downs.
    And I'm fascinated.
  • Options
    erez_00erez_00 Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    In case anyone missed this lovely interview from today! https://youtu.be/1DDQjtvxaK4?si=uIr3VfFW6x9AAvHz

Already love this pair a lot, they’re a good match, and also really love that Nikita seems excited about all the creative possibilities - I feel like he’s going to have a really fun time choreographing this season.
  • Options
    charlotte_pcharlotte_p Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Layton seemed more relaxed talking to Lorraine than ITT, I enjoyed the interview and the quickstep should hopefully be epic (and very fast).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wowee, what a dance. I need to rewatch to enjoy the moments of the dance as it was fast. Loved the in hold moments as much, may be more than out of hold. This couple have dance floor chemistry and I can’t wait to see what they do with other ballroom and latin dances.

Bring them on!
  • Options
    be-musedbe-mused Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a zinger of a dance! It was a joy to watch!
  • Options
    LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a performance! Loved the whole look and feel of the dance. They both looked gorgeous; Nikita's choreography was excellent; and I could see that Layton had worked hard to embrace the ballroom technique (to very good effect) for his first ballroom dance. He was reining in his natural inclination to freestyle it. I expect this will become easier for him as he adapts to and understands the restrictions of ballroom/Latin dancing.

The Strictly pairing team definitely made the right decision in partnering Layton and Nikita. Can't wait to see what these two have in store for us in the weeks to come. I can see Layton going from strength to strength. Hope the viewers have the sense to appreciate it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastically beautiful dance, I am thrilled with this partnership. They will bring the pleasure and excitement to the end.

As a Johannes fan, I remain GUTTED that they weren't paired, but Nikita is doing a great job and I'm here.
  • Options
    RubatoRubato Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was by far my most favourite dance of the night, and in my opinion, probably the very best QS I have seen on Strictly so far.

It had it all, for me. Just outstanding.

First of all, the choreography was very advanced and difficult to dance well, but Layton made it look easy. Of course, it doesn't matter who you are or what level you dance at, there is always room for improvement but overall, these are my observations.

Layton has such fluidity, flexibility and musicality in his body, its instinctive. He has good posture and holds has frame well. His body positioning to Nikita is very good and gives them a well connected look.

He has a controlled power and moves across the floor very well and has the required smoothness as well as speed. It was a super performance with a high energy level.

Layton danced the difficult choreography, which not often seen on strictly, included some basic and standard figures, with absolute ease. lovely light movement on toes and balls of feet - just slight evidence of a pidgeon toe here and there, which I'm sure Nikita will correct. There was a great connection and synchronicity through the bodies.

Layton has bags of floor presence and charisma and I can't wait to see what comes next. I beleive I can say with confidence , watch out for his Rumba, it will be be outstanding, he is such a talent. I doubt there is any dance that he cannot dance well.

Nikita has done a super job also, great to see what the professionals are capable of ( or some of them anyway)
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Amazing routine this week and such a fab partnership.

Can see all their routines being phenomenal.

I did say when he was announced Layton was a massive ringer... and I guess he is, but if the dancing is THIS good, then I don't care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did say when he was announced Layton was a massive ringer... and I guess he is, but if the dancing is THIS good, then I don't care.

No, me neither.

He is in a league of his own, and yes, I agree that we can assume all his dances will be great, you can see the huge potential Nikita has to work with. I only mentioned the Rumba as its notoriously difficult to get it right, but Layton has all the right ingredients to make it happen.

As the weeks go by ( assuming he stays in the competition) , by carrying over knowledge from one dance to others, he will improve rapidly. I am very pleased he is taught by Nikita who is a very good pro, teaching all the fundamentals that should be taught.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubato wrote: »
    This was by far my most favourite dance of the night, and in my opinion, probably the very best QS I have seen on Strictly so far.

First of all, the choreography was very advanced and difficult to dance well, but Layton made it look easy. Of course, it doesn't matter who you are or what level you dance at, there is always room for improvement but overall, these are my observations.

Layton has such fluidity, flexibility and musicality in his body, its instinctive. He has good posture and holds has frame well. His body positioning to Nikita is very good and gives them a well connected look.

He has a controlled power and moves across the floor very well and has the required smoothness as well as speed. It was a super performance with a high energy level.

Layton danced the difficult choreography, which not often seen on strictly, included some basic and standard figures, with absolute ease. lovely light movement on toes and balls of feet - just slight evidence of a pidgeon toe here and there, which I'm sure Nikita will correct. There was a great connection and synchronicity through the bodies.

Layton has bags of floor presence and charisma and I can't wait to see what comes next. I beleive I can say with confidence , watch out for his Rumba, it will be be outstanding, he is such a talent. I doubt there is any dance that he cannot dance well.

Nikita has done a super job also, great to see what the professionals are capable of ( or some of them anyway)

You’re back 👏

Great to read your critique. A dance I’m watching on repeat.

For me this is a very exciting partnership.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You’re back 👏

Great to read your critique. A dance I’m watching on repeat.

For me this is a very exciting partnership.

It is indeed an exciting partnership. .....and this is only the beginning !

Looks like we have some talented celebs with potential this year, but at the moment I'm really enjoying what these two are doing. I liked and appreciated Nikita's work as soon as he appeared on SCD, but given a celeb with such talent and ability, Nikita is able to showcase his own work and ability.
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member

I think there's room for all levels of dance ability in this show.

I loved Nikita and Layton's quickstep and have watched it several time, I've always liked Nikita and it's good to see what he can do with a talented partner, great choreography and the song was perfect, too :)
  • Options
    JaMaKJaMaK Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All of the above, plus the subtlety of his timing in the syncopations - dazzling and extraordinary :o