Options

The Underdog: Josh Must Win E4

suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,266
Forum Member
✭✭
Started last night. On tonight and tomorrow this week, 8 episodes in total.

Premise is yet another reality show with stereotype contestants called The Favourite. They think the most popular with their housemates will win £10k. The real show centres on Josh, a shy, least TOWIE type. Unknown to the contestants, reality show zelebs plus Nick Grimshaw are watching and manipulating the show.

If Josh wins, the contestants get to share £100k.

Watched first episode and think I'll stick with it.

Comments

• Options
    Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I'm addicted already
  • Options
    ChalkeeChalkee Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Loving it so far.
    And they dial up the 'Guess What's Happening Now' Switch pretty darn quickly.
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m loving it. It’s challenging the stereotypes and the four celebs are great fun. I like all four and none of them mind looking a bit daft.

The contestants are such caricatures I’m astonished they found so many but props to them for getting on with stuff.

Episode 2: Amber Gill really should have straps on her top 😂
  • Options
    Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see the growth of Josh
  • Options
    emptyempty Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it & am looking forward to episode 2 tonight. However, I'm hoping there's more growth from the other contestants than from Josh
  • Options
    kelz2125kelz2125 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    edited 26/03/24 - 12:00 #7
    Really enjoyed this last night, looking forward to tonights!! Josh must win, as the rest of them are totally unbearable! :D
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 26/03/24 - 13:19 #8
    I'm addicted already

Yes i liked it. I don't normally watch this type of reality tv which in all honesty i find garbage but i wanted to watch this because there was one NORMAL person in there and he's the one who MUST win. The premise intrigued me so i'm sticking with it. I like the panel of Nick, Vicky, Amber and Pete who have to 'fix' it to make Josh win.

Josh reminds me a lot of the actor Jesse Eisenberg. He looks very much like him and shares the same facial expressions. I couldn't help but think back to the film Social Network.

As for everyone else they are SO self-obsessed, complete show-offs and like the poster above generally quite unbearable. I'm not really interested in any of them but the one i really can't stand is the huge bodybuilder bloke and the brunette from Newcastle. As for that OF girl, i would love to know how much money she makes annually to be in the top 1% of earners on that platform. If that's true why is she on the show because she certainly doesn't need the fake £10k prize that's been promised to them if they win.
    ~V~ wrote: »
    The contestants are such caricatures I’m astonished they found so many but props to them for getting on with stuff.

So fcuking true! I also wondered where they found them. There's no one else in there that even comes close to Josh. Personally i certainly relate to Josh more than anyone else. I don't know anybody like the ones they've found to be on this show.
  • Options
    jesscat01jesscat01 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I can't stand most reality shows (and the non-Josh contestants on this one are a good example as to why) but this is a great premise. I do wonder what would happen if the panel failed to keep Josh in the game though; I'm guessing the format is carefully constructed to stop that from happening while still making us think there's some jeopardy!
  • Options
    TV_SteveTV_Steve Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Felt refreshing even although it's a pot pourri of several other shows.

Not sure how they can do a series 2 but really looking forward to the next episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few seem to be from the north east, unless my ears are failing me. Maybe they auditioned, and failed, for Geordie Shore? Don't know if its the same production company.
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn’t going to watch it as I can’t stand these self obsessed arseholes who go in for these shows but I’ll stick with it, I already despise that Myles the most followed by the body builder type.
  • Options
    Tequila_SunriseTequila_Sunrise Posts: 4,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Started last night. On tonight and tomorrow this week, 8 episodes in total.

Premise is yet another reality show with stereotype contestants called The Favourite. They think the most popular with their housemates will win £10k. The real show centres on Josh, a shy, least TOWIE type. Unknown to the contestants, reality show zelebs plus Nick Grimshaw are watching and manipulating the show.

If Josh wins, the contestants get to share £100k.

Watched first episode and think I'll stick with it.

Yep same here, was surprised at how much I enjoyed last night's episode and looking forward to seeing more 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I'm addicted already

Yes i liked it. I don't normally watch this type of reality tv which in all honesty i find garbage but i wanted to watch this because there was one NORMAL person in there and he's the one who MUST win. The premise intrigued me so i'm sticking with it. I like the panel of Nick, Vicky, Amber and Pete who have to 'fix' it to make Josh win.

Josh reminds me a lot of the actor Jesse Eisenberg. He looks very much like him and shares the same facial expressions. I couldn't help but think back to the film Social Network.

As for everyone else they are SO self-obsessed, complete show-offs and like the poster above generally quite unbearable. I'm not really interested in any of them but the one i really can't stand is the huge bodybuilder bloke and the brunette from Newcastle. As for that OF girl, i would love to know how much money she makes annually to be in the top 1% of earners on that platform. If that's true why is she on the show because she certainly doesn't need the fake £10k prize that's been promised to them if they win.

So fcuking true! I also wondered where they found them. There's no one else in there that even comes close to Josh. Personally i certainly relate to Josh more than anyone else. I don't know anybody like the ones they've found to be on this show.

What's that lad's name who stuck up for Josh last night and voted him as his favourite? I'm terrible with names.....but I like him.....think he's from Manchester area
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm addicted already

What's that lad's name who stuck up for Josh last night and voted him as his favourite? I'm terrible with names.....but I like him.....think he's from Manchester area

His name is Louie, he is my favourite at the moment, he doesn’t seem as up himself as most of the others
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    I'm addicted already

His name is Louie, he is my favourite at the moment, he doesn’t seem as up himself as most of the others

Ahh thank you....that's the one....Louie, I've been wracking my brain. I think he's great as he doesn't follow the crowd. Looking forward to the next episode :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 26/03/24 - 20:54 #17

Wrong thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabby made friends for life. Only been there 5 mins love 😃
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn’t going to watch it as I can’t stand these self obsessed arseholes who go in for these shows but I’ll stick with it, I already despise that Myles the most followed by the body builder type.

The body builder is quite a nice chap really. Pretty face but the body puts me off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh wonder where the house is. Lovely view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all seem to be singing from a different hymn sheet tonight....is it because Josh won last night I wonder
  • Options
    Uncle GrumpyUncle Grumpy Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll stick with it and I am enjoying it BUT.........

It's a bit fake as in Josh isn't really the nerd they have made him out to be.
    He is a professional wrestler very used to being outgoing, shouting, playing the crowd and getting his top off.

His real full name is Josh Max Moore and his facebook page is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/josh.maxmoore/

As seen in his profile picture, he is not the shy, quiet type they have dressed him up to be.

He goes out professionally as Josh Nomax and there are many videos of his matches on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=2MBoMhivPmc

Giving it big to the crowd.

Still, I hate plastic people and so out of all of them, I'd rather have Josh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughing at Pete Wicks 🤣🤣😅
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too! I'd rather go with Josh than any of the plastic people. And he doesn't have a bad body to boot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I missed a bit there: When they had decided their bottom two, who was it that then voted and did we see that process?
  • Options
    emptyempty Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    The panel voted, but as one was Josh, they didn't need to discuss it. They can't vote Josh out, so it had to be Gabby