Options

The Apprentice Week 9 - TV Selling BBC1 9PM

EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,872
Forum Member
:smiley: Grab hold of your trampoline pole firmly and give it a good play, cos LS wants the candidates to flog sh*te on live tv again!

'Multimillionaire Lord Sugar tasks the remaining candidates to sell consumer products live to the nation on a leading TV shopping channel. They must choose the right products and sing their virtues - all while contending with being directed by the gallery. As ever, aides Karren Brady and Tim Campbell witness events on behalf of his Lordship and, back in the boardroom, another candidate's ambitions are switched off.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-39ws9i/the-apprentice-season-18/?episode=b-evj0vz

Comments

• Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This task is unusual in that Lord Sugar will have seen the selling part as it was broadcast. Did any DSers also catch the nation's brightest business prospects flogging cheap jewellery at 2am one day last summer?
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shopping channel task usually produces some classy moments, picking a decent product that will sell is key, and then pretending you care about it when selling is also key.

• Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,232
    Forum Member
    lammtarra wrote: »
    This task is unusual in that Lord Sugar will have seen the selling part as it was broadcast. Did any DSers also catch the nation's brightest business prospects flogging cheap jewellery at 2am one day last summer?
    Someone on Reddit picked up on this link: https://forum.shoppingtelly.com/threads/what-is-going-on-on-tjc-tonight.66341/#post-1088707
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 28/03/24 - 16:01 #5
    From the clips I have seen so far someone made the fantastic decision to put Maura in front of the camera.

That is reason to fire someone on its own
  • Options
    galaxyfmfangalaxyfmfan Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    This is always the task I look forward to. So many awkward moments!
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,128
    Forum Member

Always a good one, usually so bad it's a great watch.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 28/03/24 - 19:28 #8
    :smiley: Grab hold of your trampoline pole firmly and give it a good play, cos LS wants the candidates to flog sh*te on live tv again!

'Multimillionaire Lord Sugar tasks the remaining candidates to sell consumer products live to the nation on a leading TV shopping channel. They must choose the right products and sing their virtues - all while contending with being directed by the gallery. As ever, aides Karren Brady and Tim Campbell witness events on behalf of his Lordship and, back in the boardroom, another candidate's ambitions are switched off.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-39ws9i/the-apprentice-season-18/?episode=b-evj0vz

Hi Evil back again, and one thing is certain the Candidates will be in a rush towards the end. :) Watched the other episodes and that Caravan one was badly done with no imagination at all. I would have sacked the whole team, and some are lucky to have got away with it. We have a storn outside and keeping an eye on those poles which are clinking each other. :o
  • Options
    CarltonCarlton Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Am I right there has to be at least 2 fired tonight?
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh no! They are useless at almost everything but are especially useless at tv selling.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    From the clips I have seen so far someone made the fantastic decision to put Maura in front of the camera.

That is reason to fire someone on its own

:D:D:D
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlton wrote: »
    Am I right there has to be at least 2 fired tonight?

Maybe. There definitely needs to be more than one firing per week before we reach the interviews, but we could see one firing tonight and more than one next week.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised shopping channels are still a thing.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening everyone :smiley:

Cheers EVIL-MONKEY :tongue:
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

- Can Lord Sugar be bothered to show up for the task briefing?
    - Will the candidates swear on live TV?
    - Will Phil survive when he loses another task? ;)

All these questions and more answered in the next hour. :)
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 28/03/24 - 20:57 #17
    Evening all. :)

- Can Lord Sugar be bothered to show up for the task briefing?
    - Will the candidates swear on live TV?
    - Will Phil survive when he loses another task? ;)

All these questions and more answered in the next hour. :)

Will Phil be on the losing team again?
    Will Phil take his clothes off this episode?
    Will we see a penis dress?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :)

The big question for me is would any of this lot seriously make you pick up the phone to order whatever they're flogging? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :smiley: Evening all, maybe this guy on Dragons Den should be on the tv selling tonight. :D
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,296
    Forum Member

Let the chaos commence. :naughty:
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming on :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

The big question for me is would any of this lot seriously make you pick up the phone to order whatever they're flogging? :open_mouth:

:smirk: I'd let Flo flog me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening all, time to go shopping, what shall we be buying tonight?
  • Options
    RioRio Posts: 33,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :mrgreen:
    I can't remember who went last week
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:smirk: I'd let Flo flog me! :mrgreen:

That's a different type of phone line you're after ;)B)