Options

The Apprentice - The Interviews BBC1 9PM

EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,877
Forum Member
:smiley: I hope everyone's wearing your birthday suits/penis dresses cos it's time to get interviewed by Mike Soutar, Linda Plant, Claudine Collins and Mr Claude Littner! :heart:

'The final five candidates face the interview phase in which they are interrogated on their CVs and business plans by a number of Alan Sugar's no-nonsense business associates. There's tears, turmoil and tough talking as the candidates battle to back their statements and ideas. However, a deep dive into their proposals reveal fictitious figures, crazy concepts and absurd ambitions, and for at least one hopeful it's the end of the road as a disgruntled Lord Sugar shows them the door.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-39ws9i/the-apprentice-season-18/?episode=b-6vwzt8

Comments

• Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interviews are great, and it reveals the BS that they put on their CV to make themselves seem "great characters" for a TV game show, and it also reveals the BS they put on there plans to make it seem like they are the best in the world at whatever they do, even if they aren't actually doing it yet.

• Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    The interviews are great, and it reveals the BS that they put on their CV to make themselves seem "great characters" for a TV game show, and it also reveals the BS they put on there plans to make it seem like they are the best in the world at whatever they do, even if they aren't actually doing it yet.

Other way round imo. The bullshit is the interviewers pretending the claims candidates make to get on telly are part of their cv.
  • Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :smiley: I hope everyone's wearing your birthday suits/penis dresses cos it's time to get interviewed by Mike Soutar, Linda Plant, Claudine Collins and Mr Claude Littner! :heart:

'The final five candidates face the interview phase in which they are interrogated on their CVs and business plans by a number of Alan Sugar's no-nonsense business associates. There's tears, turmoil and tough talking as the candidates battle to back their statements and ideas. However, a deep dive into their proposals reveal fictitious figures, crazy concepts and absurd ambitions, and for at least one hopeful it's the end of the road as a disgruntled Lord Sugar shows them the door.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-39ws9i/the-apprentice-season-18/?episode=b-6vwzt8

Erm, what do you think birthday suit means? It's lucky there are no webcams on DS.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,012
    Forum Member
    You're not a big fish, you're not even a fish.

That comment will never, ever be beaten.
  • Options
    mh2017mh2017 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Paul is my favourite to win and hope he's in final. Its one of those series I think the final 5 are all quite good whereas last year I didnt really rate any of them. It was clear that Marnie was only one who kind of understood business in interviews so it was just the order they went so it will be interesting to see this one as can't call it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lammtarra wrote: »
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »

Other way round imo. The bullshit is the interviewers pretending the claims candidates make to get on telly are part of their cv.

I sometimes wonder that, if it's their CVs they are reading or if it is from their application to be on TV or from a transcript of one of their auditions.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a funny feeling Tre will be one of the ones to become a massive cropper at the interviews.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling Tre will be one of the ones to become a massive cropper at the interviews.

At least he is honest and doesn't try to blag it about having testosterone in it and knows you cannot do that.

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1778409772615675920
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yippee - Claude - the one who can dismantle their delusional plans and reveal them for what they are.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're not a big fish, you're not even a fish.

That comment will never, ever be beaten.

Classic golden memory! :D:D:D
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

They're all coming a cropper, just some will be more massive than others.
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :)

The bovine manure in their business plans is going to be ripped apart tonight and some are going to have an uncomfortable time. Bring it on!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely work Mr Evil :smiley:

Greetings one and all :smiley:

4r5wjh6yy1lm.gif
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11/04/24 - 19:56 #15

oo he's back Claude I mean, smashing :D Hii Evil and all, fun time for some but not for others eh, lol :D
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Are we all ready to see this year's numpties torn a new one at the top of a random skyscraper?

Let's go! :smiley:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coming on so excited :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuned in early, some people cooking, but who will be the prize puddings in The Interview Rooms?

Last time, who cares, let's get to Claude as soon as possible.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,343
    Forum Member
    Bring on the terrible business plans.
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm ready to see Pie Man, Dr Paul and the rest get a good dressing down from the interviewers!
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <3<3 Claude! <3<3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wins, LS does :D
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it wrong that I'm hoping to see Tre being made to look like a prize plum? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    usetheoffswitchusetheoffswitch Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let the lies, sorry battle commence.
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emolga wrote: »
    Bring on the terrible business plans.

- Poor quality satellite boxes
    - Standalone email machine

Oh, you mean the candidate's terrible business plans. ;)
  • Options
    RioRio Posts: 33,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :mrgreen: