Options

The Apprentice - The Final BBC1 9PM

EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,877
Forum Member
Well that's another series almost finished and another £250,000 being burnt by LS (they should go back to the old prize) with 'You're Hired' following immediately afterwards on BBC1 at 10 where we find out who'll be the winner and if LS actually turns up or just sends a prerecorded message instead! :D

'The finalists take on their last challenge to win a £250,000 investment, with contestants ejected earlier in the series returning to aid them in their endeavours. The last two must launch their business, create a new brand for their company, produce a digital billboard and direct and edit a television advertisement before pitching to Lord Sugar and industry experts at a black-tie event.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-39ws9i/the-apprentice-season-18/?episode=b-i3iqjh

Comments

• Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's another series almost finished and another £250,000 being burnt by LS (they should go back to the old prize) with 'You're Hired' following immediately afterwards on BBC1 at 10 where we find out who'll be the winner and if LS actually turns up or just sends a prerecorded message instead! :D

'The finalists take on their last challenge to win a £250,000 investment, with contestants ejected earlier in the series returning to aid them in their endeavours. The last two must launch their business, create a new brand for their company, produce a digital billboard and direct and edit a television advertisement before pitching to Lord Sugar and industry experts at a black-tie event.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-39ws9i/the-apprentice-season-18/?episode=b-i3iqjh

Is Lord Sugar still in the digital billboard trade? He has previously invested in both food and fitness businesses so can both win? There have been joint winners before (Sarah Lynn's sweets and James's recruitment) and also Lord Sugar has invested in losing candidates (Susan's cosmetics).
  • Options
    lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Asif be back? This final will have been recorded before he was excised, but not all candidates are recalled.
  • Options
    POTDPOTD Posts: 9,912
    Forum Member
    I'll watch, but the whole thing is a bit of a farce really, as the link between the performance in the final task and who gets the investment is so weak. Someone might do a great video and presentation, but if the other person has a more attractive business, they'll win.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,012
    Forum Member
    Phil for the win.
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,873
    Forum Member
    For the first time in years, I am thinking about watching the final, considering the interview stage is usually when I bow out having no interest in who actually wins ( I still don't know who has won the last 2).

Only thinking about it so far...
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lammtarra wrote: »

Is Lord Sugar still in the digital billboard trade? He has previously invested in both food and fitness businesses so can both win? There have been joint winners before (Sarah Lynn's sweets and James's recruitment) and also Lord Sugar has invested in losing candidates (Susan's cosmetics).

Yes, he is Chairman of "Amshold" who own the "Amscreen" business, but it is son Simon Sugar who runs it as CEO.

Anyway, on to the final, I've left it too late to learn their names again, so I want the man with the pies to win, or the other one, either way I'm fine.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe tonight's You're Hired is only 30mins long. That's a bit of a joke. 30mins to get through the winner, runner-up, Alan Sugar, Tim, Karen, the panel, past candidates. Just not enough time to fit everything in i reckon. It should at least be 45mins long. I'm sure last year's was.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sad days eh, Evil, just like when Margaret left, and new people arrived, but what wasn't new was the calibre of Candidates, as I don' t think they'll ever change. :D:D If Rachel wins then LS could merge her business with the other fitness clubs he's got, and less strain on him, wheras the pie shop needs a big makeover before he adds his pies to it. There again he could hire both of them and employ a couple of boucers. :D:D:D
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,267
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I can't believe tonight's You're Hired is only 30mins long. That's a bit of a joke. 30mins to get through the winner, runner-up, Alan Sugar, Tim, Karen, the panel, past candidates. Just not enough time to fit everything in i reckon. It should at least be 45mins long. I'm sure last year's was.
    No, it has been just half an hour since 2019. Basically since it moved away from Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course if the pie man wins they can launch the Amstrad Pie - A thin crust half filled with the cheapest mystery meats and the lid falls off half way through baking it.
  • Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HMO wrote: »
    MrSuper wrote: »
    No, it has been just half an hour since 2019. Basically since it moved away from Sunday.

No doubt also as per recent years Sugar will have been called away on 'urgent business' 4,400 miles away in Florida and will only appear briefly through a video link anyway!
  • Options
    POTDPOTD Posts: 9,912
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Of course if the pie man wins they can launch the Amstrad Pie - A thin crust half filled with the cheapest mystery meats and the lid falls off half way through baking it.

Tom Pellereau can invent a new fork to eat the pie with too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POTD wrote: »
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »

Tom Pellereau can invent a new fork to eat the pie with too

Of course it would need a new fork, because being Amstrad it won't be compatible with any existing standards.
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Another final and we're left with the best of the best, ahem.

Probably something to do with rooting for the underdog, but I find myself wanting to see Phil win.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to believe it's the final already :open_mouth:

Thanks for all the brilliant threads EVIL-MONKEY :kiss:

Greetings all. Terrible series but the folk posting are , as Craig Revel Horwood would say, FAB U LOUS darlings
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :)

We've reached the end of another series and just when we thought the bottom of the barrel could not be scraped any further we were given this lot! It's between pies and fitness in the battle for £250,000 to burn and it's hard to decide who deserves it less :lol:

Bring it on and lets have the final hoorah!
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final is always weirdly anti-climactic, I feel.

Watching them badly try to launch the thing that apparently they always hand in mind from handing in their business plans right at the start sort of grates somehow.
  • Options
    usetheoffswitchusetheoffswitch Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dread to think what the standard of the candidates will be next year,
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good evening fellow enthusiasts.
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We Alan gets his finger in Phil's pie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time on the apprentice, bla bla bla - CLAUDE WAS BACK and bla bla bla and now only two are left.
  • Options
    RioRio Posts: 33,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :mrgreen:
    If LS has any sense he'll sack both of them
  • Options
    Samantha_IsaacsSamantha_Isaacs Posts: 196,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening
  • Options