Options

Sony Ericsson Emergency Numbers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
Forum Member
I've got a Sony Ericsson W810i, and for some reason, the only emergency numbers it allows when the phone is locked is 911, and 112. I know how to get to the emergency number list, but it wonlt letme add 999.

Is there any way I can add this number to the emergency numbers list??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Same here with the K750i. Doesn't bother me as 112 will get through to the same services.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    I hate that feature, and wish you could disable it. But yeah my K750 will only let me have 911 and 112.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can see why tho'

theres been concerns about phantom 999 calls, where the 9 button gets pressed against, inadvertently

& since it is important for emergency numbers to override keypad locks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Hmm I think it would be good if it can be disabled, because it's really no use to me, as I can unlock my phone and then dial real quick anyway :P

But I guess it has to be there, even though I doubt it will be no use to me as I'll probably unlock to diel 999 anyway :P [Even though I hope I never have to anyway :P lol]
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote:
    i can see why tho'

theres been concerns about phantom 999 calls, where the 9 button gets pressed against, inadvertently

& since it is important for emergency numbers to override keypad locks
    That's contradictory though, since you will get phantom 999 calls when the numbers do over-ride the keypad locks, because the buttons will get pressed, occasionally in the right order.

And anyway, the issue here is that the numbers DON'T over-ride the lock, because the SE recognises 112 and 911 as the numbers not 112 and 999, and of course 911 does nada here.