Options

Cagney and Lacey

Comments

• Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote:
    Saw pictures in the paper today for the dvd launch,can't believe how much Tyne Daly has aged! She looks WAY older than 61!
    I don't know what Tyne looks like at the mo' but in "Judging Amy" I think she looks lovely; so natural instead of the face-lifted botoxed wrinklies that seem to be trying to hold back time in the TV industry. So what if she's put on weight & allowed her hair to whiten - lots of normal, aging women do just that & are happy in themselves.
    I'm going to go & do a search to see if she has really gone down the pan since then; I'm watching season one & that was eight years ago, so maybe she is really bad now! :eek:
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jacquiann wrote:
    I don't know what Tyne looks like at the mo' but in "Judging Amy" I think she looks lovely; so natural instead of the face-lifted botoxed wrinklies that seem to be trying to hold back time in the TV industry. So what if she's put on weight & allowed her hair to whiten - lots of normal, aging women do just that & are happy in themselves.
    I'm going to go & do a search to see if she has really gone down the pan since then; I'm watching season one & that was eight years ago, so maybe she is really bad now! :eek:

As a fan of all the series of Judging Amy, she looks no different to when that ended two years ago.

The media presentation of these pictures were pretty annoying. They quite absurdly implied that this was the first time they had been dug up out of deep freeze or something on 20 years. No mention of the great success Tyne Daly had on Judging Amy (she won acting awards for that show) or that Sharon Gless was on UK TV only a few months ago in a BBC series.

Plus they also said this was the first time they had been reunited since C & L when they worked together on Judging Amy only a couple of years ago.

Sloppy research by the feature writers.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging Amy wasn't the problem,maybe it's just the way the paper photos were taken making her look way older than her years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Recent picture of Tyne and Sharon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/fireflies_uk/new-2-1.jpg

Taken a couple of weeks ago at the Museum of TV and radio for the DVD launch. I think they both look fantastic!

Slightly pissed off with ITV3 today for skipping one of the best episodes of C&L.... Heat. The one where Mary Beth is held hostage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jacquiann wrote: »
    I don't think she has gone down the pan!
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is C&L on on ITV 3?
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly pissed off with ITV3 today for skipping one of the best episodes of C&L.... Heat. The one where Mary Beth is held hostage

In the light of current events ITV3 thought it would wise to skip this episode.............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the light of current events ITV3 thought it would wise to skip this episode.............

I hardly think that episode can be compared to the awful events with little Maddy (I assume that's what you're referring to) JMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When is C&L on on ITV 3?

It's on between 11am and 12 (not sure right now of exact time and I'm not home to check). The same spisode is repeated later in the day
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun today in their lookalike section include Tyne Daly and William Shatner.

Lacey should sue!!!
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly think that episode can be compared to the awful events with little Maddy (I assume that's what you're referring to) JMO.
    well who knows why ITV3 pulled it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Sun today in their lookalike section include Tyne Daly and William Shatner.

Lacey should sue!!!

What an insult to Tyne!
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another bit of trivia I remember from the day is that the actor Sydney Clute who played Det. Paul Le Guardier (sp) actually died in season 4 I think it was. They kept his name in the credits until they stopped making it as a tribute to him.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A shame the current run has come to an end on ITV3. I miss my daily dose of C&L. What's worse they have replaced it with Ironside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RetroSpecs wrote: »
    'Put that thing away, you don't know where it's been'

Don't ask me why I remember that but that is what Lacey says.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've sat cross-eyed wih my nose 2 millimetres away from the screen, trying to figure out what she says to that flasher!!! You are a fabulous individual! Mwah! Big kiss!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did they show the series to the end? i have been keeping a look out for it but thought it was a while off yet. just checked the tv guide
    Cagney and Lacey
    Tuesday 18 March 7:25am ITV3
    .....from the begining again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you might guess from my username, this is my favourite show. EVER.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched it when I was younger and didn't understand the plot lines - love watching it now that I'm older - they were fantastic female leads for a tv show - still enjoying watching them - christine's clothes aren't bad even by today's standards..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jandt64 wrote: »
    did they show the series to the end? i have been keeping a look out for it but thought it was a while off yet. just checked the tv guide
    Cagney and Lacey

I take it back. Thanks for letting me know this. Shame about the slot, but nothing I can't get around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you might guess from my username, this is my favourite show. EVER.

I too love this show. I have every single episode and all 4 films on VHS. All taped from the BBC years ago. A shame the DVD releases have stalled. A bloody shame indeed.

These two have such chemistry on screen. The supporting cast are also spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too love this show. I have every single episode and all 4 films on VHS. All taped from the BBC years ago. A shame the DVD releases have stalled. A bloody shame indeed.

These two have such chemistry on screen. The supporting cast are also spot on.

I know, the dvd release is so frustrating!! I hate the way the show is treated.

It was just an all-round great show, with two excellent leads.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Their 1980s police HQ looked like how Life on Mars had depicted a 1973 one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it back. Thanks for letting me know this. Shame about the slot, but nothing I can't get around.

just out of interest, did they show all the episodes this time or stop half way through?
  • Options
    moonglowmoonglow Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love watching this series too and I used to love the relationship between the 2 women. Mary Beth always seemed the carer of the two, always looking out for Cagney and being quite maternal towards her. Know it sounds silly but I always, at the time, used to long for a friend like her!

Mary Beth was always my favourite, cos she was sweet and caring. I still liked Cagney but she was more the tougher, no nonsense one.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jandt64 wrote: »
    Cagney and Lacey

Yes,they showed them through to the end,A Fair Shake was on a few days back and that was the last one. I've got the VHS release of that along with Turn Turn Turn,which were issued as standalone tapes. Also got the VHS of the four 'reunion' movie length shows which were made after the series ended. THINK these were released on dvd but not 100%certain. Also pretty sure the original pilot episode was available on VHS at one point.

Got both DVD releases,the 'True Beginning' set as well as the earlier two disc release featuring nine episodes from the same season as True Beginning. Got the majority of the episodes taped from either BBC or Living (UK Living as it was then!) but they're all over the place and obviously old tapes so it'd be nice if they sorted the dvds out so I could sort my tapes out or maybe junk 'em and make some space.

Other than those I've mentioned,no other VHS/DVD releases that I'm aware of,at least not in terms of PAL/region2,I'm not sure what the positionm with the region1 dvds is.