Options

Who here likes Jonathan?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    Of course Nicky now tries to accuse him of being a pervert - I haven't seen the evidence. But it's just the ageism and arrogance of people like her - 'Oh he's a bit creepy' :rolleyes:

Well he's got a lot more drive than you'll have.

We've not seen too much evidence of "drive" so far either, though it's early days. Anyway, what's that got to do with whether or not he's being creepy? Bit of a non-sequitur there.

I'm surprised to find myself quite liking him - or, at least, I think he's going to be a unique housemate, while the other three newbies, so far, appear to be types we've seen a dozen times before on BB (though Liam seems decent enough). Jonathan regards the whole thing with a kind of detachment, analysing rather than becoming involved. When he told the twins they were "marketing astute", he knew they were going to ask "What does that mean?", because that would fit with what he sees as their "act". He practically mouthed it along with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    At this stage, from what I've noticed, I think he's okay. Sees Nicky as a kindred mardy grump but she doesn't want to get to know him.

With the four house mates going in, there's less bonding going on than when The Zigg, Bonkers and Uri joined the show.

Not sure about that ear stud though. Poncy media type :D
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I think he's going to be a big character in the house.

He and Carole seem to have teamed up together and that's bound to cause conflict with Carole already controlling the kitchen

I think he'll be a central character if his opinions on the other hms are anything to go by....to Carole his confidant :eek:

He's definitely a player and should stay (even though I don't like him) :eek::)
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him.
    He doesn't suffer fools gladly, by the looks of things.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I like him... we pervs have to stick together.

Okay, he is not a perv, but I have to relate to someone :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do because I think he could make the house interesting, with his manipulations.

I only hope he is not a dissappointment and totally different to his VT

Which I'm sure every housemates just lies on.
  • Options
    IloveRussellIloveRussell Posts: 3,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like him one bit. He's come across as a letching, leering pervert so far. All that's missing is the rain mac!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my bf like him...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His bank manager. ;)

He's alright. Quite droll.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I like him! Loads!:D
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a catalyst in there, will make it more interesting, and seems ok.
    I do not see him as a perv or a creep. Has Nikkie got a point? I suppose time will tell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    He seems intelligent, positive minded and seems to suss people up pretty quickly and has no time for bullshit.

Of course Nicky now tries to accuse him of being a pervert - I haven't seen the evidence. But it's just the ageism and arrogance of people like her - 'Oh he's a bit creepy' :rolleyes:

Well he's got a lot more drive than you'll have.

What's the consensus of him here?

So far I think he's a right bullsh!tter. His questioning of Carole about Nikky has more to do with his curiosity about Carole rather than Nikky imo.

I think he's very sly. But this might make him interesting for a while. I'm not keen on him at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    I think he's going to be a big character in the house.

He and Carole seem to have teamed up together and that's bound to cause conflict with Carole already controlling the kitchen

I think he'll be a central character if his opinions on the other hms are anything to go by....to Carole his confidant :eek:

He's definitely a player and should stay (even though I don't like him) :eek::)

Hmm, he's already said to Carole he wants to take control of the fridge. I wonder why? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    R.S.V.P. wrote: »
    Hmm, he's already said to Carole he wants to take control of the fridge. I wonder why? ;)

Oh dear :eek:....Never trust anyone who looks like Spock :p:D
  • Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the last night's HL show, he desribed Sam-Or-Amanda as 'deliciously shallow'. That's a comment from a 49 year man about an 18 year girl. Not really appropriate and somewhat creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    Oh dear :eek:....Never trust anyone who looks like Spock :p:D

Lmao :D
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick1966 wrote: »
    On the last night's HL show, he desribed Sam-Or-Amanda as 'deliciously shallow'. That's a comment from a 49 year man about an 18 year girl. Not really appropriate and somewhat creepy.

I thought he pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards to the twins. His 'can I be their manager' in the diary room was very funny.
  • Options
    Dutch MarleneDutch Marlene Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid girls like Nicky can give a decent man a bad name.

Did this not happen on BB celeb? With Dirk Benedict. One of those young girls considered him to be a pervert too?

I feel that those girls should think before they open there big gabs.

And yes I think he is a nice and interesting guy so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well, I don't know about your interpretation, but I thought it was weird. I'm not saying he's a perv but it was a strange choice of words and very insulting. I'm sure their parents were'nt happy about it either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote: »
    I thought he pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards to the twins. His 'can I be their manager' in the diary room was very funny.

He didn't just say shallow, he said "deliciously shallow" which I find strange. I still don't think he's a perv, but I thought it could come across as insinuating that the twins could be used just to make money out of. And then to suggest he could manage them as if they were just a piece of meat and they would fall for anything.

Very bad in my book.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why is that unappropriate and creepy? Isn't it the same reason so many like the twins?

He is in media, he can see their marketability and wouldn't be surprised if he does offer to manage them after, not because he is a 'perv' but because he can see how media savvy they are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member

The twins do seem to remain in the banal-o-sphere with utter ease, avoiding saying anything interesting by miles. I agree with Jon, it's an amazing achievement. "delicously shallow" is much more poetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    R.S.V.P. wrote: »
    Well, I don't know about your interpretation, but I thought it was weird. I'm not saying he's a perv but it was a strange choice of words and very insulting. I'm sure their parents were'nt happy about it either.

I'm not sure what to make of him in that respect either.

I know Nicky is a self-confessed manhater but she seems pretty astute and she said she felt he was leering at her and It's not as though she's made the same remarks against the other guys. :confused:

I'd need to observe him a bit closer before I pass any judgement, but so far the things he's come out with are pretty ambiguous to say the least, but I don't want to accuse the guy, if it's not true.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind Jonathan, but he's in a difficult situation with so many youngsters because the girls feel threatened if he tries to join in and be part of the fun. They're not mature enough to handle him. I mean look at the difference with Shilpa and Dirk, he'd get flirty and she'd just tease back and laugh it off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LindyLupin wrote: »
    I don't mind Jonathan, but he's in a difficult situation with so many youngsters because the girls feel threatened if he tries to join in and be part of the fun. They're not mature enough to handle him. I mean look at the difference with Shilpa and Dirk, he get flirty and she'd just tease back and laugh it off.

Big difference.

Shilpa was older and Dirk was very handsome. I don't think Jonathan is a perv, but of course if he did show signs of it, then I would change my mind.

Having said that, I think it would be a disgrace if Nikky labeled this man a perv if he was doing nothing but just looking at nothing in particular.