Options

Sims 2

Comments

• Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What challenges do people do? how do you do the challenges?
  • Options
    Dolphin DriverDolphin Driver Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, there are various challenges you can find around the net in places, but the most popular one is probably:
    The Legacy Challenge

see more details here.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well one of my sims is now pregant so i hope in a few days i can come back online and tell you that the pregant sim gave birth to twins. so i hope the hack works

Well my pregnant sim gave birth to twins so the hack worked. a boy and a girl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new arrivals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have downloaded new houses and placed them in my downloads folder but they haven't appeared in the game what can i do to fix this problem?
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have downloaded new houses and placed them in my downloads folder but they haven't appeared in the game what can i do to fix this problem?

if they're .package files, then just double click them & the sims will install them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thumps36 wrote:
    if they're .package files, then just double click them & the sims will install them

How do i know if they are package files?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have clicked them and some of them will not install
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it says "please click a custom content package file to install the content" what should i do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if they're remeshes (recolours of existing objects) then you need the CEP package to install them. just google sims 2 CEP & you'll find it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thumps36 wrote:
    if they're remeshes (recolours of existing objects) then you need the CEP package to install them. just google sims 2 CEP & you'll find it :)
    What are remeshes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones i can't install are Rar files
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remeshes are the same basic sims 2 object, like a chair say, with a new mesh put on it to make it look different.

re .rar files, you need to download winrar to open them. it's like winzip. again, google winrar & it'll be there for you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't download any of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can't download any of them

not having much luck are you.

go here & download that. SCAN it with your antivirus software before you run it ok?

that will open .rar files for you. put the files it extracts into your downloads folder ok

edit:

tbh, i think downloading hacks/mods/custom stuff is more trouble than it's worth. half the time they just mess up your game & you end up losing your lots &/or having to reinstall sims 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Well, there are various challenges you can find around the net in places, but the most popular one is probably:
    The Legacy Challenge

see more details here.....

I started this one a while back, but because it is soooooooooo long (10 generations), I gave up cus I get easily bored LOL

I am enjoying this Royal Kingdom one though, plus because you can go from 1 family to another it doesnt get too boring.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish all this sims 3 talk on the BBS would end. Me thinks its a rumor taken too far.
  • Options
    kwliokidkwliokid Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am making a soap opera using The Sims 2 called SimStreet lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happens in your soap
  • Options
    kwliokidkwliokid Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well lets see: someone tries to evict someone and then when she finds out she throws a drink over her. There is a burglary and that is just in 1st episode.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I love the Sims 2 I have all the eps.

My mission is to basically mess up all the pre-made families, The Dreamers, The Goths etc by introducing them to two families I created. Great fun! (And I cheat like there's no tomorrow!)

I was gonna start a thread of a wish-list of features I'd like to see in the game but I may as well do it here:

* Scold children, like you would with pets. I guess we don't have this because we can control the kids ourselves like make them do their homework or stop them splashing in cat pee etc.

* Day care in Open For Business, that would be fun I think.

* Memories to make more sense and be less general - ie A guy gets caught cheating and he loses his partner as his best friend as a result - the memory says something like no matter how close you are you can just drift apart!!! Instead I'd have something like "My actions cost me my best friend".

*I'd also like to be able to export the family tree and memories of people so you can still look at them when they've died. (Sad I know!).

I love the game tho, it's ever so much fun.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone here used simPE? Its a programme that lets you modify almost anything in the game (if you know what you're doing! lol)
  • Options
    Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    what pack do you get a servo with?
  • Options
    SamhallowsSamhallows Posts: 2,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lh211 wrote: »
    what pack do you get a servo with?

open for business :)
  • Options