Options

Recommendations for MP3 player

DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey,

I'm looking to buy a new MP3 player but have a few requirements. I already own a video Ipod but the size of it is annoying, I'd like to have something smaller. I got a shuffle for my birthday which I'm really happy with, just the memory isn't great.

So I'm looking for something that can hold at least a 1000 songs, has great sound quality (or at least as good the shuffle) and of course, is small. My friend has a Sony which looks great and has good memory but the sound is terribly low.

So anyone have any suggestions? I had a look on Amazon, but nothing really caught my eye.

Comments

• Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 8GB Creative Zen, it's smaller than a credit card, 2.5" screen and about as thick as 12 credit cards. SDHC card slot.

Two words to describe it for you:

Bloody Amazing - I received mine about a week ago.

A simple way of describing it is having a zen vision:m but half the thickness and the bottom half of the player lopped off.

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Nano?
  • Options
    DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the recs, the Creative Zen Stone Plus looks good. Is the sound quality good/acceptable/fantastic? That's the main feature I'm looking for see, plus price is affordable.

The new ipod looks great but it is slightly out of my price range.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    What is your price range?

If it's sound quality you're after, have a look at the Cowon iAudio D2. Small, and exceptional sound quality (just google for a few reviews).

You can pick up the basic 2gb model for around £115 but that won't take 1000 tracks.

The 4gb is maybe another £20 more but both models have an SD card slot so you can bump the memory capacity up pretty cheaply.

I use a bigger Cowon player and the sound quality is fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creative and iRiver generally have had good sound quality, though I find the creative players pump out a bit more power.

the iRiver clix 2 is nice but a bit pricey. I picked up my 8GB Zen for £109 from play and it has SD slot. the zen stone plus is much, much smaller.

The zen i was mentioning is essentially your video ipod but much smaller with a nice 2.5" screen too.

sorry if i sound like i'm selling this product, i'm not, it just happens to be great in my opinion with a few flaws e.g. no FM or line-in recording. you have to browse any memory card inserted - it won't integrate the files into your library functionality, but small gripes on the whole.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Logik from Currys Digital. It is 4gb,plays DRM and cheap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    sancheeez wrote: »
    What is your price range?

If it's sound quality you're after, have a look at the Cowon iAudio D2. Small, and exceptional sound quality (just google for a few reviews).

You can pick up the basic 2gb model for around £115 but that won't take 1000 tracks.

The 4gb is maybe another £20 more but both models have an SD card slot so you can bump the memory capacity up pretty cheaply.

I use a bigger Cowon player and the sound quality is fantastic.

Does the Cowon D2 have Jeteffect or is only the iAudio 7 - I couldn't tell from the website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers.

I'm not sure I'm going to posting my jeteffect settings if I do get one though. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers.

I'm not sure I'm going to posting my jeteffect settings if I do get one though. :eek:

Heh.

iAudiophile is a fanboy site.

The D2 looks pretty nice actually .... especially the version with onboard DAB. If I didn't already have an A2 ..... I might be tempted. Looks like you need to convert most video files for it but a nice little player nonetheless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For me it would be a toss up between the D2 or maybe the Iaudio 7 and the Iriver Clix.

One question though I can't seem to find the answer to.

Is the IRiver clix mac compatible?

Some say yes - some say no

Does anyone know for sure?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you buy the clix make sure you get the new one, not the old one, 2nd gen clix is much better (sounds kind of obvious but enough to be worth paying any extra money for IMO).
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    For me it would be a toss up between the D2 or maybe the Iaudio 7 and the Iriver Clix.

One question though I can't seem to find the answer to.

Is the IRiver clix mac compatible?

Some say yes - some say no

Does anyone know for sure?

I just bought the iaudio 7 and can highly recommend it.