• Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    NAY. Bored of them. I wonder when they'll split up. :yawn:
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why all that bothers people so much when there are some really awful celebrities around.

But clearly they fascinate people as this thread and others show.

I'm not in expert in PR not do I have any knowledge of current promotional methods for celebrities. But certain celebrities, irrespective of their abilities or otherwise, seem to be starting to personally irritate members of the public who rationally shouldn't give a fiddler's fig.

It seems as if the Asch conformity experiments of the 50s have now filtered into methods of media spin. Excessive promotion of certain people, in certain ways, is actually a mass psychology experiment, wittingly or otherwise. Those of a more rebellious nature seem react very badly to the seemingly innocuous, making us seem borderline psychotic at times. It's quite scary actually.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Yay-ish! I wouldn't say I was a fan of either of them but at the same time, I'd much rather see them and their kids all over the press than some other celebs and zelebs.

I think Angelina is gorgeous and has a really amazing sexual thing going on there, although she does need to put some more weight back on, and I don't rate her as an actress. She gave the best performance she's ever given in A Mighty Heart but her acting always seems to be too lacking in emotion and expression for me to really take to her in that way. Bradley, on the other hand, I feel, is too harshly criticised for his acting. He's a fine actor and has proven himself in Jesse James, Se7en and Legend of the Falls. As a couple, I think they look great together but I think Ange needs to belt up about Shiloh, those comments will really hurt her daughter in years to come.

As for Jen, I agree she's got one hot bod!
  • Options
    Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    A huge yay!

Angelina is drop dead, stunningly gorgeous in the flesh, the sexual charisma drips off her. And she's extremely nice too.
    Can't imagine for one minute Brad misses that sour faced old trout Aniston with her ironed hair, clenched buttocks and faddy diets most of which give a woman bad breath and flatulence which could explain a lot of things. lol

I love the fact one of the few Brangelina supporters on this thread feels the need to slag off Jennifer. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm a supporter, and I dont have any problem with Jennifer. I admit I'm more interested in Angelina and Brad, but I wish them all well. They all seem decent enough people, there are far more so -called stars out there deserving of criticism.

I think that this whole thing has been a dream to the tabloid media, casting each one of in a role, when in reality things are probably far more complex than that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretzel wrote: »
    Well, I'm a supporter, and I dont have any problem with Jennifer. I admit I'm more interested in Angelina and Brad, but I wish them all well. They all seem decent enough people, there are far more so -called stars out there deserving of criticism.

I think that this whole thing has been a dream to the tabloid media, casting each one of in a role, when in reality things are probably far more complex than that.

Agreed. I like all of them too, good luck to them all. :)
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone that gives a third of their money to charity, works with the UN and builds homes for flood victims is a good person in my book, you may find them boring but at least they give something back, unlike the majority of the other celeb's out there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    jimbojones wrote: »
    Boring...and am I the only female to not fancy Brad Pitt???
    He does nothing for me at all :eek::D

Nah. He never did anything for me either, although I admit his bod looked rather buff in Troy. However he spoiled that as soon as he opened his mouth! :D

I am really not sure what to say. I can't say I actually like Brangelina, but I don't hate them. I am rather ambivalent really. However if I have to make a straight choice I think I would have to say 'Nay', simply because I am sick to death of the over-exposure of this couple (although there are a few other celebs who come into this category as well).

I also think Angelina should learn to keep that massive gob of hers shut tight because every single time the woman talks she puts her feet in it.

However by the same degree I think most celebrities should keep their mouths tightly shut because the utter dross that falls from their lips is barely coherent most of the time.

So, all in all thumbs down for Brangie-poo. Despite their attempts to make the world a better place. All of this publicity for good causes is a complete waste of time because the people who should be listening aren't, i.e. corrupt Third World governments or the US Administration who couldn't really be bothered to help New Orleans because the majority of the people who live there are not WASP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »

So, all in all thumbs down for Brangie-poo. Despite their attempts to make the world a better place. All of this publicity for good causes is a complete waste of time because the people who should be listening aren't, i.e. corrupt Third World governments or the US Administration who couldn't really be bothered to help New Orleans because the majority of the people who live there are not WASP.

Isn't it better to do something than nothing at all though? If we all took the view that the money doesn't make a difference then all charity efforts and goodwill in the world would go to the wall. If someones (anyones) charity donations or lobbying changes the lives of even just a few others then it's surely worth it.
  • Options
    I<3Matt&FlaviaI<3Matt&Flavia Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nay.
    I used to really like them both when they weren't together but am soooo bored of them now.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nay

There are loads of "ordinary" people around the world who do good work- and do not need a camera crew in front of them to highlight it all the time. Many people adopt children and again do not need their faces shoved on the front of a massive publication within days of adopting them. Mia Farrow has adopted loads of kids - and I wouldn't recognise any of them if they passed me in the street. She respects their right to privacy and adopted some very sick and challenging children in her quiet unassuming manner. She is a woman I think deserves people's respect.

Brangelina are so attention seeking and desperate for all their good deeds to be noticed. Shut up, disappear for a while, and stop using your good deeds and kids to draw attention to yourselves and then people may start to warm to you in the way you so desperately want
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Isn't it better to do something than nothing at all though? If we all took the view that the money doesn't make a difference then all charity efforts and goodwill in the world would go to the wall. If someones (anyones) charity donations or lobbying changes the lives of even just a few others then it's surely worth it.

Agreed, at least they're doing something to help, unlike some other stars who just fill their own pockets and don't bother with anyone else at all. I think Brad and Angelina genuinely want to make a difference.

Whilst writing, I wish people wouldn't put their names together! The terms "Brangelina" and "TomKat" are just so cringey!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yay

Like them both

Always liked Brad...before and after Angelina
    Angelina is okay. She is not hurting anyone. I seen worse celebs.

Good luck to both of them and there ever growing family
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Nay - Team Aniston all the way
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member

Yes it is, but many people do a lot for causes and to be honest the money doesn't really make that much difference. If it does get through to the people who need it, the government of that particular country usually finds some way of taking most of it back into the coffers.

And that's after a fairly large percentage is taken off at the outset by the charitable organisation that administers it. I used to work for a charity. Was the PA to the Director of Humanitarian Affairs and it shocked me to see how little of my small monthly donations actually gets to where it is needed.

It's a sad fact of charitable donations I'm afraid.

Most celebrities get massive tax relief for giving the amounts that they do. I also get a certain small amount of tax relief, but nowhere near the amount that Jolie and other celebs like her will get.

I am afraid I'm rather cynical about the charity side, despite the fact that I give regularly myself. I have been to a lot of these countries and worked alongside some volunteer workers and once you have done that it becomes very clear that the amount of aid given by the wealthy people in western countries does not do the good it was intended to do in the first place.

That's not Brad and Angelina's fault of course and I'm sure they are aware of the situation, but we all still give and live in hope that Western governments will open constructive dialogue with their more corrupt Third World counterparts.

Sadly, I still have to say 'nay' to Brad and Angelina however. We simply do not have to have all these farts, bells and whistles every time this pair do something good for society, it just smacks of publicity.

To be honest I rather more admired Angelina for being dark, flirty and outrageous than I do this strange 'too good to be true' creature who looks as though someone has actually sucked all the joie de vivre out of her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    I love em both ;)
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I think it's an awful shame that they are being slated for doing charity work. Most celebs just keep their millions and don't help others at all, at least Brad and Angelina are giving back to the world.
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great and good luck to them - I just wish they would do their charity work a little more quietly:)
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    That's great and good luck to them - I just wish they would do their charity work a little more quietly:)

Some charity work is about raising awareness and they don't exactly ask the paparazzi to follow them.
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Some charity work is about raising awareness and they don't exactly ask the paparazzi to follow them.

Here ya go:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a82538/jolie-finds-pitts-charity-work-sexy.html

Can she never stop banging on about screwing? She now has to link it to the charity work? How can anyone publicist put this out. FFS Angelina, you are boring us all to tears.....
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you completely on raising awareness being an important part of charity work - that's why I think it's harsh when people slate the personalities who get involved in children in need and comic relief.
    I do think though, that there's a very fine line between raising awareness of your charity and raising your own profile....it's a difficult one and at the end of the day, people in need benefit, which can only be a good thing.
    As for whether or not they ask the paparazzi to follow them, I think those that don't want to be "papped" can avoid it, for the most part, if they really want to....Sorry if I'm being unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really mind them as actors, they don't do much for me but I'm not opposed to them. If I thought a film with one/both of them in looked good, I'd go and see it. I'm just bored of seeing them all over the place with the same old stories.

I also think it's great that they're doing so much for charity but every time they do anything charity related (or so it seems, that may not actually be the case) it's accompanied by bells and whistles. We all know, there's no need to keep repeating it over and over again. Just get on with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here ya go:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a82538/jolie-finds-pitts-charity-work-sexy.html

Can she never stop banging on about screwing? She now has to link it to the charity work? How can anyone publicist put this out. FFS Angelina, you are boring us all to tears.....

But this is an example of a media perception of Angelina. Where is that article is she directly quoted? Nowhere, it's one of those tabloid 'friends' again, fitting right into people prejudices.
    And to be fair, one thing that she isn't is 'boring'. Its like my views on Jordan- TBH they're less than favourable but I'll give her credit for one thing , she's rarely boring and often gives us all something to debate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    They're boring! What they do for charity is great, but if they cared that much they'd do it withouth the media for publicity
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nay...I'm just really bored of them tbh and think he looked much better with Jennifer! Shiloh is very cute though!