Options

Echo Beach!!

Comments

• Options
    LadyTinaLadyTina Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    tvhonour wrote: »
    i liked it and im not a chav. :)

I didn't say it was an exclusively bad programme just for chavs, but that in the main that is who it would no doubt appeal to. I guess the old IBA would have suggested it was a programme of 'doubtful quality' like Neighbours.
  • Options
    Cracklin RosieCracklin Rosie Posts: 3,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when or if this will be repeated? I missed it tonight - or did I not miss much??

I've had a look at ITV2 but can't see it being shown on there :(
  • Options
    tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyTina wrote: »
    I didn't say it was an exclusively bad programme just for chavs, but that in the main that is who it would no doubt appeal to. I guess the old IBA would have suggested it was a programme of 'doubtful quality' like Neighbours.

i know i was justing teasing:) , sorry :o
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed both shows. I did prefer Moving Wallpaper. Jonathan Pope is a wonderful character, and this show did generally make me laugh. From the gag about the "Soap Awards" to him making that girl cry "sorry but something sad has happened to your parents..." and I liked him spending the budget on his office! I thought Echo Beach was alright, but I got the feeling it was meant to be a bit dodgy (a bit of poor scripting, wooden acting here and there)...to reflect how incompetent and lousy the producer, Jonathan Pope is. So I think as the series goes on, we will see the writers and producer make Echo Beach a better soap, and we should see improvements. I liked how some of the stuff from Moving Wallpaper linked in with Echo Beach, with the girl crying, the house they moved into being derelict etc. I am definetly watching tomorrow! Echo Beach shouldn't be taken so seriously, in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why I didn't like it :confused: I just don't think it was very good. The writing especially was very dull.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why I didn't like it :confused: I just don't think it was very good. The writing especially was very dull.

The accents seemed too fake too.
  • Options
    soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    It's Marmite TV - lovers and haters, so far.

I liked the twisted humour in MW and how bits seeped into EB. It was more entertaining than I thought, and I liked all the references to Emmerdale and the ITV demographic. And I really embrace the attitude of more flesh and writing for the awards!!

EB was fun and sassy. Great to see lots of beach scenes (even if a little grey in the sky). I love Emmerdale for its location shots, so enjoyed EB for the same reason. Enough plot to keep me happy, enough sexy bods to keep me entertained too. The only downer was believing that Martine and Jason were parents of grown-up kids.

I'll be watching again!
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucylock wrote: »
    The accents seemed too fake too.
    Martine's wasn't very good but I didn't see any problem with the others. In my opinion, speaking from a Cornish man's point of view, it was refreshing to see a programme set in Cornwall in which not every character has a strong Cornish accent.
  • Options
    Cracklin RosieCracklin Rosie Posts: 3,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KirstyG75 wrote: »
    Anyone know when or if this will be repeated? I missed it tonight - or did I not miss much??

I've had a look at ITV2 but can't see it being shown on there :(

Anyone? :o
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some things are so bad they're good but this was just AWFUL !!
    Appalling acting
    Pathetic dialogue
    Pathetic story line

Also did they not learn from the problems that "Triangle" suffered from all those years ago ? Shooting outdoor scenes in Britain in the summer invariably suffers from Grey skies when they should be clear blue.

I give it 4 weeks before it is rescheduled
    EB is on puppet strings from MW, Jonathan Pope carelessly planned everything in a 2 week deadline. EB was the result of bad production, in which MW will attempt to improve/fix Echo Beach from it's mistake in ep 1.

Echo Beach = not to be taken seriously as a soap, it's just demonstrating the results of the changes they make in Moving Wallpaper.

This kinda shows what happens to soaps with a careless producer.. ;)
  • Options
    Nolan1972Nolan1972 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed both shows. I did prefer Moving Wallpaper. Jonathan Pope is a wonderful character, and this show did generally make me laugh. From the gag about the "Soap Awards" to him making that girl cry "sorry but something sad has happened to your parents..." and I liked him spending the budget on his office! I thought Echo Beach was alright, but I got the feeling it was meant to be a bit dodgy (a bit of poor scripting, wooden acting here and there)...to reflect how incompetent and lousy the producer, Jonathan Pope is. So I think as the series goes on, we will see the writers and producer make Echo Beach a better soap, and we should see improvements. I liked how some of the stuff from Moving Wallpaper linked in with Echo Beach, with the girl crying, the house they moved into being derelict etc. I am definetly watching tomorrow! Echo Beach shouldn't be taken so seriously, in my opinion.

An excellent post and I agree with all of it
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hexadecimal666Hexadecimal666 Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it, purely out of interest. It was alright I thought, I like the idea of Moving Wallpaper and I think I prefered that to Echo Beach, but it wasn't as bad (cringey) as I thought it might have been.

Haven't decided whether I'll watch it again or not. I think I'll give it a few more episodes but unless I really get into it, I don't think I'll watch it permanently.
  • Options
    dan2007dan2007 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    That scene with jason and martine on the beach was really poor. Other than that ok so far. . .

That scene didn't seem really tome it was like it was acted out on a stage or something.

Like all soaps in the past i've given them a ago so will tune in again tommorow night
    however it just seems a typical itv1 show to me
    but like i said i will tune back in tommorow
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people clearly didn't get it. Its meant to be awful, cheesy and full of pretty people who cannot act. This is not meant to be a serious new soap.

Its like a cross between Sunset Beach, Hollyaoks and Home and Away. Hillariousley tacky and cringeworthy.

The place it was filmed in looks beautiful. Where is it?
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people clearly didn't get it. Its meant to be awful, cheesy and full of pretty people who cannot act. This is not meant to be a serious new soap.

Its like a cross between Sunset Beach, Hollyaoks and Home and Away. Hillariousley tacky and cringeworthy.

It's filmed in Cornwall. :) And I agree with your post. As i mentioned earlier, I think Echo Beach reflects what a funny show Moving Wallpaper is (because of the producer, and them trying their best to make it a success). :D It's like a spoof soap, I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

cornwall
    its something... bay
    i wen't there when i was like 12/13 for a holiday and it was such a nice place
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Home and away is much better imo
    I don't like hollyoaks
    and have never seen sunset beach

Its only on 12 episodes so i guesss if it does well they may make it into a soap like eastenders and corrie?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its Crossroads meets Home and Away.!!!!!!
  • Options
    Crease2000Crease2000 Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or Eldorado??:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crease2000 wrote: »
    Or Eldorado??:D

I quite liked Eldorado:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2007 wrote: »
    Home and away is much better imo
    I don't like hollyoaks
    and have never seen sunset beach

Its only on 12 episodes so i guesss if it does well they may make it into a soap like eastenders and corrie?

Yeah but Home and Away is going to be much better because its a serious soap. Echo Beach is taking the piss basically.

I cannot see it ever becoming a proper soap in its own right, but if it became popular, who knows?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Fabulously awful, and makes Moving Wallpaper that much more funnier because they're not trying to be serious.

Excellent concept, and exactly what I expected :)

I do worry though, that people will not 'get' it :(

That seems to be what's happening on here tonight. Most people just called it "dire" without failing to realise that that was the whole point. If you watch it looking for a serious, quality drama then naturally you will be disappointed.

I agree with you - I love it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly cannot believe that some people actually thought that EB was a serious new soap! Where is their sense of irony, its taking the piss out of soaps. Its meant to be crap.
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly cannot believe that some people actually thought that EB was a serious new soap! Where is their sense of irony, its taking the piss out of soaps. Its meant to be crap.

Ditto :p