Options

Does anyone else have problems pulling these days?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    This is something that me and my friends have discussed at length (well the handful of friends that are left on the shelf like moi) and it seems that it is so hard finding a decent bloke these days. Single blokes may feel the same way about finding a decent girl but I swear the older you get, the harder it becomes to find someone genuine. Most men are either in a relationship or too immature to take a relationship further than sex.

Why take my number if you're not going to call? Why take me out for a drink when you clearly don't want me for more than one night?

Men I am interested in are never interested back and the men that I have no interest in would move heaven and earth for me.

When I was younger, I just assumed that falling in love, having kids and settling down was a given but now I'm not so sure ........ relationships don't happen for all people and maybe I'm one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not desperate to settle down as I love doing my own thing and having my own space but it would be nice to pull someone nice sometimes!

What does everyone else think?

I can totally relate to what your saying. I'm happily single at the moment, but i sometimes think it would be nice to have someone to share things with. All the guys i meet only ever seem to be after one thing etc, and i'm fed up of falling for guys and getting my heart broken everytime. Beginning to wonder where all the nice guys are...
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is something that me and my friends have discussed at length (well the handful of friends that are left on the shelf like moi) and it seems that it is so hard finding a decent bloke these days. Single blokes may feel the same way about finding a decent girl but I swear the older you get, the harder it becomes to find someone genuine. Most men are either in a relationship or too immature to take a relationship further than sex.

Why take my number if you're not going to call? Why take me out for a drink when you clearly don't want me for more than one night?

Men I am interested in are never interested back and the men that I have no interest in would move heaven and earth for me.

When I was younger, I just assumed that falling in love, having kids and settling down was a given but now I'm not so sure ........ relationships don't happen for all people and maybe I'm one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not desperate to settle down as I love doing my own thing and having my own space but it would be nice to pull someone nice sometimes!

Well to be absolutely honest, speaking from a male perspective, I have never had a problem "pulling". In fact, I don't "pull" as such, mostly women who are interested just make it obvious, and it goes from there sometimes.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can relate to everything the OP says *sigh*

Me too - and I am bored with being single now, frankly :(:p
  • Options
    *Liam**Liam* Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being single is still fun people!
  • Options
    suzefloozesuzeflooze Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    No problem. Just wear a low cut top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well to be absolutely honest, speaking from a male perspective, I have never had a problem "pulling". In fact, I don't "pull" as such, mostly women who are interested just make it obvious, and it goes from there sometimes.

Please don't take this personally, but in my experience most guys that say that are living in a bit of a fantasy world.
  • Options
    chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find it hard 2 years single i go clubbing i work in a airport and go to college but i can never get a gf.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too - and I am bored with being single now, frankly :(:p
    Yes, I'm at that stage, but I'm trying to not let it bother me. To be honest, I'm better being single right now as I'm in my final year of my degree :D

I just wish there were more confident guys who weren't after one thing :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzeflooze wrote: »
    Please don't take this personally, but in my experience most guys that say that are living in a bit of a fantasy world.

Well I'm not lying. Why should I ?

How many guys do you know who say exactly what I have just said ? (out of interest)
  • Options
    pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote: »
    I have a friend, really I do, who is 36, lives and works in London, Australian, single, absolutely gorgeous, smart, funny and kind and she finds it impossible to meet men.

Can you give her my e-mail address?

I've got a couple of pictures if she'd like to see them.

Oh - and I'm friendly, caring, reliable, genuine and honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Liam* wrote: »
    Being single is still fun people!

Reminds me of the well-known phrase 'Sane when single'.

:D
  • Options
    *Liam**Liam* Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes would like to be single...not so I can go on the pull but to have some time out lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not lying. Why should I ?

How many guys do you know who say exactly what I have just said ? (out of interest)

I have a *lot* of guy friends. I find the ones that say they have to make no effort in pulling are the ones that don't make much effort to pull. It's the guys that make a real effort to talk to and charm us girls that have the success.
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you me?? :eek:
    I agree with most of that, except ~I did always want to be married with kids, and now it looks highly unlikely. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Now I'll read the rest of the thread to see if anyone has posted a solution.

Edit: I'm 44, female, with no baggage (that I'm aware of)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a *lot* of guy friends. I find the ones that say they have to make no effort in pulling are the ones that don't make much effort to pull. It's the guys that make a real effort to talk to and charm us girls that have the success.

Yes ~ I agree that once a connection is established, and it's obvious there's some "spark", then it's a 2 way thing, or should be.

But I like to be sure there is an interest shown first before I make any sort of move. Even then I'm only dipping my toes in the water at first.

It's always worked for me anyway.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been with the same person on and off for years but inbetween I've had no trouble really, and even now its quite easy still to pull even when I dont mean to :p If it means anything I'm 20.

Obviously I don't do anything though ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes ~ I agree that once a connection is established, and it's obvious there's some "spark", then it's a 2 way thing, or should be.

But I like to be sure there is an interest shown first before I make any sort of move. Even then I'm only dipping my toes in the water at first.

It's always worked for me anyway.

Ah I see I thought you were talking about sitting back and letting the woman do all the work!! Yes it does help to suss us out a bit first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I won't discuss my unhappiness at not having a girlfriend for the last 15 years.

There's enough threads on it already.

• Options
    Forum Member
    No problem. Just wear a low cut top.

Or mini-skirt and dye your hair blonde or brunette.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with being single most of the time, and now having been single for 5 years, I do wonder whether or not I would be able to adapt to having to consider someone else! :D:o

But as ludovica says, sometimes it would be nice to have someone to talk to, or to give you a hug when your feeling a bit down, or even just to kick out of bed (in the nicest possible way) on a Sunday morning to go and make you a coffee. :D

This thread was written for me! Having been on my own for over 7 years, apart from a year long relationship, and dating, I also would find it very difficult, if not impossible, to adapt to living with a man again. And having just had my 44th birthday, it is impossible to meet a bloke who wants more than one night. I don't want one night stands, but can't seem to find anyone who wants more than that.
    And the thing is, a lot of my friends are in the same situation, and ages range from late 20s to late 30s, so it is not just me being older.
    Where are all the single men of my age?

And before anyone says anything, I don't go out looking all desperate, with a fishing rod and a shark fin on my back! I can cope on my own, but a bit of male company would be nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you refer to a previous topic about being rude then that may answer this topics question.

I think the topic is being narrow minded, forget the pulling bit, just saying hello can cause offense these days.

You even get strange looks if you say good morning.

The only person that does not act too strangely depending on whether they understand is the bus driver.

This also seems to apply at work, someone will stare at you but will not actually say anything.. All far too strange..
  • Options
    louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    I hate being single....:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louisa320 wrote: »
    I hate being single....:(

I must be one of the unique few, but I am completely use to being ignored by people.

I am single to, I am not sick of it, would be good to meet some genuine people once in a while, instead of the fake ones.

I am one of those, what you see is what get, simple as that.
    I am probably too straight talking for my own good and do tend to make sweeping statements, but at least I am honest about. Not my problem that I have varying views on the same topics.

We cannot all have a one tracked mind, which thankfully I am too crazy to have a one tracked mind, which is a good thing well to me anyway.
  • Options
    louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    RMcoiner wrote: »
    I must be one of the unique few, but I am completely use to being ignored by people.

I am single to, I am not sick of it, would be good to meet some genuine people once in a while, instead of the fake ones.

I am one of those, what you see is what get, simple as that.
    I am probably too straight talking for my own good and do tend to make sweeping statements, but at least I am honest about. Not my problem that I have varying views on the same topics.

We cannot all have a one tracked mind, which thankfully I am too crazy to have a one tracked mind, which is a good thing well to me anyway.

Crazy is good :D

I'm too soft for my own good though, i let people away with too much, and i end up getting hurt :(
    I could never treat men the way some have treated me! One in particular :mad:

I don't like being single.....But young enough to hopefully meet Mr Right eventually :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louisa320 wrote: »
    Crazy is good :D

I'm too soft for my own good though, i let people away with too much, and i end up getting hurt :(
    I could never treat men the way some have treated me! One in particular :mad:

I don't like being single.....But young enough to hopefully meet Mr Right eventually :)

This case sound familiar. I guess I am too compassionate and forgiving of people to, and you speak of a certain person, well I think we all can.

This is terrible thing to say but I will apologise before I say it.

First impressions may seem good at first, however it sometime takes, you days, weeks, months or possibly even a year or so before you actually realise who or what you have got yourself involved with.

Without sound trivial, that can apply to someone you consider a friend but later find out differently.

Anyway I cannot stop being me, I do not put an act on for a soul. I imagine if anyone won the lottery tomorrow 10 million pounds plus, you would see how many fake people suddenly would to come out of the woodwork wanting to be friends, that can apply to friends, acquaintances and even family who never wanted to know much about you before.

I did say I speak my mind, sorry people, thats just me.