izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

• Options
    jackulatorjackulator Posts: 7,209
    Forum Member
    yay first to vote yes .100% .

leave on a high before your a victim of your own character theres been nowt wrong so far but i fear certain mannerisms and weeeeelllllsss might start to grate .
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Yes - as much as he's a great actor, I just feel it's time for a new face.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's got one more series in him, then it would be time for a change.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love him to stay because i think he is the Doctor, he brings so much to the part. He is also very attractive.
    As much as I love him, i wouldn't mind seeing what someone else could bring to the show. I'll be ready for a new whenever David decides to leave, it won't be the same without him but that'll be good. I would love to see a series of Moffat writing for David but if Moffat decides he doesn't want David and wants someone fresh for his era then that is fine.
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he should leave that the three specials or at the latest at the end of the 2010 season (think that is Season 31).

He's my second favourite after Tom (although Jon and Patrick are a very close tied third). Four/five years in the role is enough in my opinion. We don't want him getting stale. I'd rather look upon him fondly rather than think 'he did one season too long'.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no just yet after the specials perhaps, i believe hes in the top 3 docs but then CE is in that too lols
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    No - he should stay for Series 5 at least and then leave. Although I have a feeling his end will be the 2009 Christmas Special.
  • Options
    sw16sw16 Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he needs to stay for at least another full series!! It wouldn't be the same without him
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,067
    Forum Member
    I voted for DT to stay but I am worried that he's almost too good in the role. I haven't seen an actor fit a role so perfectly since, well, since Tom Baker became the Doctor bakc in 1974.

David's going to be a hard act to follow (perhaps too hard) and I think the longer he stays, the harder it will be to successfully fill his boots.
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but this poll is really a lost opportunity. Of course he should leave at some point - or do people want the show to be axed before he gets the chance? Or do people want the show to become "Weekend at Bernie's"? :eek:

The question should have been "how long do you want him to stay?" with options of "Go now!", 1, 2, 3 "4 or more" years, and "Forever - I'm in the DT Babies Club".

To which my answer would have been 2 more years - the specials and a season of Moffat stewardship.
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that sounds about right.
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »
    Sorry, but this poll is really a lost opportunity. Of course he should leave at some point - or do people want the show to be axed before he gets the chance? Or do people want the show to become "Weekend at Bernie's"? :eek:

The question should have been "how long do you want him to stay?" with options of "Go now!", 1, 2, 3 "4 or more" years, and "Forever - I'm in the DT Babies Club".

To which my answer would have been 2 more years - the specials and a season of Moffat stewardship.

Can we have this poll please ? :D

*supports slug's position*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    To the original poster - Could you tell us where you work please, so that we can arrange a poll to see whether you should be sacked or not?
  • Options
    TakeDown247TakeDown247 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tennant hasn't said he's leaving the roll just he hasn't been asked to make his mind up weather he's staying for series 5 yet, if asked I think he'll say yes hope so anyway
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bearing in mind that Series 5 will have a new Head Writer and a new permanent companion, I believe Tennant should stay for a little while to maintain continuity with the RTD series. Moffatt would be taking a massive gamble if he effectively relaunched the show at this stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a great actor, one who's been suffering at the hands of scripts that want him to be in turn, camp, shouty, righteous and manic, I'd like to see him have at least of season of Moffat's Who. This season has been poor for the Doc and his Sonic Screwdriver, one great, gritty, season for DT would be deserved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Series 5 then he should go
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. When he's got a good script he's up there with T Baker and McCoy (late). When he has a bad script he's down there with C Baker and McCoy (early).

But - y'know - I like him. He's still working well.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »

Totally agree with Slug, when i saw the poll i just thought its not a simple yes or no (whats with the don't care option!!!), I don't want him to go..yet, I'd like to see a series with him under Moffat's reign then maybe it'll be time for a new Doctor.

So I'm afraid I can't vote cos I'm a Yes and a No.
  • Options
    mclovinmclovin Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Rugby man wrote: »
    no

best doctor yet.

Oh reginald!

I disagree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I agree with what a few people have said now... the specials and one more series... I can't imagine anyone better than DT, and a big part of me (no, not that part :o) wants him to stay for ages, but the show would be in danger of getting staid if he's there for more than 5 years. Love him though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    We've had the same Doctor for 3 years now, which is about the average for a regeneration...

So yeah, get rid now...

I like the fact that DT is playing him as "getting old"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    have 'im regenerate in one of the specials.

or give us a proper xmas special this year and do it then!!!
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,963
    Forum Member
    If the poll question had been "should DT leave now", (after he's done all his existing DW filming commitments of course), which is I suspect what the OP really meant, I would have said definitely no.
    DT is a very good actor, who has the potential to be considered a great actor when he's older, even though I do have some issues with the way he's being directed to play DW.
    He should certainly do at least one series under the new production team, but he can't play DW for the rest of his career, and the regeneration of the character has become integral to the series mythos anyway.
    As it is I had to respond to the question as put with a "don't care" answer, because really I don't. The series is bigger than any one actor, and it wouldn't actually worry me if DT did decide to call it a day, good though he is.
    Choosing the right successor will be the difficult bit of course!
    :)