Options

Lee McQueen Should win because...

Mr NMr N Posts: 2,917
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On the apprentice website there is a video of Lee being interviewed. When asked "why should you be Sir Alan's next apprentice? In his answer he had spelled tomorrow, fulfil, ambition, recognised, and whom wrong. The answer is roughly two sentences long.

This is the next apprentice? Watch the video, you'll fall over laughing. :D:p:D:p:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the firings this year , he wouldn't be the only idiot on the organisation.

I firmly believe Lee will win and he's a nice guy but all he does when he makes a mistake is go "I'm disappointed with myself" and it's all forgiven :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ansildrall wrote: »
    Considering the firings this year , he wouldn't be the only idiot on the organisation.

I firmly believe Lee will win and he's a nice guy but all he does when he makes a mistake is go "I'm disappointed with myself" and it's all forgiven :confused:

I personally would not employ him after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr N wrote: »
    I personally would not employ him after that.

Simon was described as an "underachiever" by the interviewers last year but he won. Sometimes it's hard to work out how SAS' brain works!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I could take the show or Sir Alan seriously ever again if Lee won.

He can't spell, he swears constantly, he has a bad temper and he can't pitch.

He's utterly useless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ansildrall wrote: »
    Simon was described as an "underachiever" by the interviewers last year but he won. Sometimes it's hard to work out how SAS' brain works!

Simon wasn't an underachiever. Simon was in Mensa, he went to Oxford University.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr N wrote: »
    Simon wasn't an underachiever. Simon was in Mensa, he went to Oxford University.

Yeah but they said he had all that yet he still hadn't put that to use in terms of employment.
  • Options
    InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...'e's a rough diamond and a chip off the old block.

And because he does pterodactyl impressions and the fact he can't spell pterodactyl is by the by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,543
    Forum Member
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Urgh. Can't stand him - there are better candidates. I think Claire would be the best apprentice.
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the show last night I think Nick described the apprentice as being raw material that needs polishing ... an uncut diamond. Lee fits the bill as does Claire & Alex to an extent. If they wanted someone fully trained and polished then why call the winner an Apprentice? Helene is already polished imo but one never knows how it will turn out :)
  • Options
    EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can he spell Pterodactyl?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esqualita wrote: »

I am not sure if Nick is good at spelling but he talks a good talk :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because what? Because Sir Alan is suddenly looking for a line manager for his sales rep's? If so, great - that's the guy for the job. If the role is slightly more sophisticated than that and involves talking to buyers/the press etc I would suggest he isn't the greatest for the job.

If the role is regarding the suppositions on here, I would suggest he probably doesn't have the right (hate to use the term but what the hell) portfolio of skills!!
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esqualita wrote: »

Can he spell "wan*er"? Does it matter? Apparently not. It seems it is now safe to leave Britain's business potential in the hands of someone who can't spell accent. I wouldn't regard the ability to spell as paramount in a business employee but I would be a little suspicious of someone who couldn't spell such a basic word as accent.
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    He needs a shave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess thats why we have spell check on every computer nowadays.

I think Lee is a gutsy, hard working nice individual, a rough diamond that needs polishing, perfect apprentice material :)
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,062
    Forum Member
    That was hilarious. Surely that has to be the nail in Lee's coffin. I had a better grasp of spelling and grammar when I left primary school.

Did he really say "grammical errors" or was it just his thick accent?
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    His spelling was atrocious.

Can anyone tell me what is so shaming about having a Milkman for a father? His tearful confession was dreadful.
  • Options
    2LO2LO Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what is so shaming about having a Milkman for a father? His tearful confession was dreadful.

There's nothing shameful about having a milkman for a father and I'm quite sure Lee never intended to imply there was.

All he was saying was that his family did not have a lot of money. He may have felt that this contributed to the stresses that split his parents up. He may have felt this made him stand out from other children.

He evidently believes that he should do his best to make sure he can give his children what he didn't have which is a fairly common sentiment even if the more thoughtful will realise that a stable, loving environement with parents that have plenty of time for them is far more important to most children than money (no matter what the ungrateful little bas**rds may think :D).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2LO wrote: »
    There's nothing shameful about having a milkman for a father and I'm quite sure Lee never intended to imply there was.

All he was saying was that his family did not have a lot of money. He may have felt that this contributed to the stresses that split his parents up. He may have felt this made him stand out from other children.

He evidently believes that he should do his best to make sure he can give his children what he didn't have which is a fairly common sentiment even if the more thoughtful will realise that a stable, loving environement with parents that have plenty of time for them is far more important to most children than money (no matter what the ungrateful little bas**rds may think :D).

Sorry but the teary eyes, the looking off into the distance, the hesitations suggested otherwise. I'm all for bettering oneself through hard work but I would have had more respect for him if he had simply said "my parents worked hard to provide for us and that was a valuable lesson". It came across as disrespectful to his parents really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2LO wrote: »

No I still think he was more upset with having a father who was a milkman rather than the split.

I agree money does not equal happiness. Giving your children everything leaves them with very little to strive for themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Sorry but the teary eyes, the looking off into the distance, the hesitations suggested otherwise. I'm all for bettering oneself through hard work but I would have had more respect for him if he had simply said "my parents worked hard to provide for us and that was a valuable lesson". It came across as disrespectful to his parents really.

I agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katenutzs wrote: »
    Guess thats why we have spell check on every computer nowadays..

Of course. So that we can write about how nice the whether is today, and inquire weather people think Lee is good apprentice material. We can place an order for office stationary, and put up a sign prohibiting stationery vehicles at the entrance to the car park.

And so on...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jgj wrote: »
    Of course. So that we can write about how nice the whether is today, and inquire weather people think Lee is good apprentice material. We can place an order for office stationary, and put up a sign prohibiting stationery vehicles at the entrance to the car park.

And so on...

Haha - yep spellcheck will only help you so much...that is why it is better to actually pay attention at school.
  • Options
    2LO2LO Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jgj wrote: »

And so on...

I have a spelling chequer,
    It came with my pea sea,
    It plane Lee marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye cannot sea.

When eye strike a quay, right a word,
    I weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar wright
    It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
    I nose bee fore two late
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rarely, rarely grate.

I've run this poem threw it
    I'm shore your pleased two no,
    Its letter perfect in it's weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...because he says 'Now that's what I'm talking about!' 'nuff said.