Options

Doctor Who, Episode 11: Turn Left. 21 June 2008, 6.40pm BBC1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
Forum Member
This is a week in advanced... But what the hey?

The preview looked spectacular.

Doctor is dead?
Stars are going out?
Rose + Donna?
Something's on her back?

-cough-
Racnos

NUCLEAR BOMB??

Rate 723 votes

Excellent
71% 514 votes
Very Good
16% 120 votes
Good
6% 45 votes
Average
2% 20 votes
Poor
1% 14 votes
Very Poor
1% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this is early. I agree I can't wait for this episode :D The Doctor looks pretty dead :eek:
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sake! This thread will be 20 pages long before the episode even begins! Don't we have a speculation thread already for this ep?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had some black beetle type thing on her back.

and she died in a nuclear explosion?

We saw the mushroom cloud.......

Stars going out is very Dr Who the TV movie...........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sake! This thread will be 20 pages long before the episode even begins! Don't we have a speculation thread already for this ep?

No we do not :D
    And I like speculating early. Get all the lovely theories from the lovely people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Abcmsaj wrote: »
    And the woman at the end... LOOKED like Donna, but at the same time it looked like the woman from LotTL:
    Professor Docherty

It is donna have screen capped it:

danwellis.com/phome.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is donna have screen capped it:

danwellis.com/phome.aspx

Goood.
    Thanks for clearing that up. :)
  • Options
    tom1979tom1979 Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm. There are all of those reset rumours going around. Maybe they are going to reset it all from when Rose left & The Doctor met Donna, therefore reseting it from Season 3?

Rose says to Donna "none of this was meant to happen. Your gonna die"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tom1979 wrote: »
    Hmmmm. There are all of those reset rumours going around. Maybe they are going to reset it all from when Rose left & The Doctor met Donna, therefore reseting it from Season 3?

Rose says to Donna "none of this was meant to happen. Your gonna die"

Rumour is she's going to die because:
    Racnos injected something into her back... Causing a baby racnos to grow there and it's undetachable. But the baby didn't get activated by the mother because she got killed. And she's going to die - Sacrifices herself to seal the Medusa Cascade.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt this entire episode supposed to be a story? A fourtune teller tells the story of what SHOULD have happened to donna but not what IS happening to her.

Doctor doesnt loose rose
    Doctor Doesnt meet Donna
    The plans of the Racnoss go ahead
    Stars go out = racnoss are devouring them

possible idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    i have a question, the UNIT soldier at the beginning, he looks familiar. was he one of the two soldiers cloned by the sontarans? i can't explain but the face looked so familiar. its probably not even relevant but..........
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I LOVE this episode all ready, It seem's ace <3
    - Rose Coming Back
    - Something on Donna's back
    - Doctor Dead

Loving it, I can't wait =]!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been said elsewhere but is that moment from the mid series trailer where the Doctor and Donna are talking about Rose coming back likely to be in Turn Left do we think?? I assumed it would be at the end of tonight's episode somehow but clearly I was wrong. Having seen the trailer for Turn Left now I can't guess how its going to fit in!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant wait until this episode! Going to be so good! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How is Rose going to pull across from a different universe do we think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    huggzy wrote: »
    Isnt this entire episode supposed to be a story? A fourtune teller tells the story of what SHOULD have happened to donna but not what IS happening to her.

Doctor doesnt loose rose
    Doctor Doesnt meet Donna
    The plans of the Racnoss go ahead
    Stars go out = racnoss are devouring them

possible idea.

Yeah i read that she is having her fortune told, but if this is showing what should have happened to donna how does rose fit into the series finale if meeting her isn't actually 'real'??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how they're going to work this in at all.

There's the fortune teller theory, but that still doesn't explain how story becomes reality. In this 'sliding doors' style episode, Donna inevitably comes into contact with Rose. But how does Rose make it into true reality.

This is just a 'story' so how does it come reality?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capnm wrote: »
    i have a question, the UNIT soldier at the beginning, he looks familiar. was he one of the two soldiers cloned by the sontarans? i can't explain but the face looked so familiar. its probably not even relevant but..........

No, you are right, he does look familiar

and looks very similar to the soldier who was cloned.

I dont THINK its him? Unless this is a world where the Sontaran stuff didnt happen, then it could be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF??? Is it an immature race now who starts the episode threads?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the doctor is dead, wouldn't he regenerate? Maybe this is a different time line, where like different stuff happens(eg, Doctor dying etc) & at the end of the episode, all is restored, and Donna can tell the Doctor that rose is coming back (e.g trailer)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we do not :D
    And I like speculating early. Get all the lovely theories from the lovely people.

So why not use the speculation thread already started:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    Sams83 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been said elsewhere but is that moment from the mid series trailer where the Doctor and Donna are talking about Rose coming back likely to be in Turn Left do we think?? I assumed it would be at the end of tonight's episode somehow but clearly I was wrong. Having seen the trailer for Turn Left now I can't guess how its going to fit in!!

If the fortune teller theory is true and this is what should have happened to donna, from the trailer rose seems to know that it shouldn't be happening to donna, maybe she tells her that there going to see each other again or gives her a warning and then donna tells the doctor???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Goood.
    Thanks for clearing that up. :)
    Happy to help :)

I am really looking forward to Turn Left, and knew it was 'Dr Lite' but wasnt quite expecting him to be dead! (for about 35mins anyway!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    huggzy wrote: »
    No, you are right, he does look familiar

and looks very similar to the soldier who was cloned.

I dont THINK its him? Unless this is a world where the Sontaran stuff didnt happen, then it could be.

I'm now 99% convinced it's the same guy. Look at the following two clips...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pilwD0045SA

at 59 secs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7ihhATfZ7rg

at 5 secs

it's definitely the same guy and the hair cut matches too. now then I wonder what that means, all a bit curious.

discuss....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    If the fortune teller theory is true and this is what should have happened to donna, from the trailer rose seems to know that it shouldn't be happening to donna, maybe she tells her that there going to see each other again or gives her a warning and then donna tells the doctor???

As in Donna gets a glimpse into an alternate version of events where she meets Rose and then when things go back to normal she tells the Doctor who she met?? I never thought of that but it would definatly fit in.

Ooooh maybe that's why Donna says 'whatever else is happening, isn't that good?' - cos she's just delivered a warning to him from Rose? I really can't wait til next week!

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Rumour is she's going to die because:
    Racnos injected something into her back... Causing a baby racnos to grow there and it's undetachable. But the baby didn't get activated by the mother because she got killed. And she's going to die - Sacrifices herself to seal the Medusa Cascade.

No I made that up. Then got banned befor I could admit to it. The lie snowballed, gathered momentum, garnered popularity, filtered out across the net & kinda took on a life of it's own.

It's utter rubbish. It was simply a means by which to conveniently pull together rumours into one coherant story.