Options

Team Cutler Appreciation (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    That's what the lack of muppetfur and TQ sparkle does - makes it look like a WHOLE different place......

Still, I'm back now to distribute fluff, and I'm sure TQ will be sprinkling her sparkliness over the Bar when she's got settled after her hols....:D

Anyway, must go now as I've got work to do

Speak soon

SM
    XXX

Oooh look forward to that. See ya SM xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah,holiday so far is disastrous.Missed connectinng flight in LAX so am still stuckhere, having to take a fliht through san fran and now am delayed on that so may miss second connectingg flight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Oh nooo - good luck Emily, hang in there! I'm sure everything works out in the end, it always does...

Hellooo everyone! So long since I posted here - was in Southern France for work (one of the best meetings I ever organised , :o it was fab). Have missed all of you!!

NS and Boz - van harte gefeliciteerd!!
    THG - OMG a book with your name on it, but what's more, your work in it! you must be so proud, well done!
    Chauncy - congrats on graduating!
    Anna - gefeliciteerd met je 1000e post, en geniet van je welverdiende vakantie!
    TQ - welcome back, hope life doesn't get in the way too much of that lingering Caribbean feel!
    Jojo - wow, you've done us all proud, I am so not a long distance running kinda gal, am really in awe of such accomplishments..

Sorry to everyone I've not mentioned, I love you all!
    Can't believe it's exactly a month from today that we meet - BF and I talk about it all the time, can't wait!

Have a glorious day, hope it's as sunny where you are as it is in Amsterdam!
    *scurries off to check out the new webshop*
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    smileycat wrote: »

Thanks for the links. I saw it yesterday. It has new pics of him in his suit. :D

Ruby I hope your foot gets better. It sounds painful. :eek:
    And for the cellulite, I have really bad cellulite. Which is annoying as it stops me from wearing dresses, skirts and shorts. :(

Hello SC ..... I love the new picture of Matthew ..... he is so cuddly

have been to to the doctor who X rayed my foot and I have damaged the fifth metatarsal, so no dance lesson for me today :mad:
    :D I'd watch that! It'd be fun to blow him up too. :)

:eek:
    EmilyIRE wrote: »
    Gah,holiday so far is disastrous.Missed connectinng flight in LAX so am still stuckhere, having to take a fliht through san fran and now am delayed on that so may miss second connectingg flight

It's so annoying when things go wrong, maybe you should have a few KMBKMK's while you're waiting :)

am sure the holiday will be fantastic when you do get there

Morning everyone ...... or jo napot

MarDans ......... your English is perfect, am very impressed :) I can only manage two words in Hungarian and 20 words in Czech
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    hello girlies! hope you're all lovely like me today LOL!

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday - I hate to "neglect" our lovely Cutler and his thread! but you know...Real Life....

This will be a long quoting post!
    Welcome back TQ - glad you had a lovely time in Antigua - the piccies are great - only one complaint - where is my hot Antiguan man? I hope you've unpacked him now, cos he'll be a bit stiff after being wedged in your case for a few days.... (mind, you, that COULD be a good thing.....

TQ, that dress would be lovely for your first meeting with the Cutlers at St Ives - bright enough to get you noticed but very classy (not that you need bright colours to get you noticed of course, your sparkliness does that by itself!)

And I'm DEFINITELY with you on the birthday thing - I'm the same age as you this year, but three weeks earlier, so we'll go backwards and stand on our heads together! That waY, not only the wrinkles will go, but the chesticles may resume their correct position somewhere above the middle of the body (either that or we'll both get black eyes and go temporarily blind

And stuff those danish pastries in, cos the cellulite monster gets cross if you don't (and you don't want to annoy the cellulite monster!)

Are you still using your Wii board TQ? I got mine last week, and it told me I was fat - comes to something when a computer game tells you you're overweight! Still, I'm trying to do the boxing every day to get of the bingo wings before duky - don't want them flopping all over the Dance Master when I squeeze him! I think I've found my dress now, although I haven't got off my backside to go and buy it yet!

AND - next week, I'm having my hair drastically restyled and coloured red, dark brown and pink/blond :cool: So, if I turn up at Duky with a bag on my head, you'll know it has gone VERY wrong!!!!

Anyways, must go now, cos I'm MEANT to be writing a report for tomorrow, and unfortunately, it won't do itself...

So, like TQ, I'm rushing off with TONS to do (I don't metric!!)

Lots of love and huggles

SM
    XXXXX

waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy my lovely SM! I SO need to contact you! will pm you and get a time for one of our phone calls lol! REALLY need to talk to you. x

well..........did I get you your STIFF Antiguan? erm........I put him in the post to you.....did you get him? I wrapped him up in cardboard so he'd stay stiff!

LOVING the cellulite monster! That's why I like to stay........ahem.......more ROUNDED! when you get to my age the wrinkly cellulitic look is a dismal one! so I'd rather have a little extra weight and have my skin look nice and plump and smooth - along with my thighs etc lol.

YES my Wii Fit told ME I was fat as well! so I decided on a mature and intelligent response, and told it "oh eff off then you tosser - I'd rather be tanned and fat than white, square and plastic like YOU, you git" and with that, got off it!

I got on it on Tuesday to have it say to me "you haven't worked out for TWO WEEKS" so I got off again and gave it the V sign!

Am SO intelligent :D.

Am LOVING the sound of your hair! it will SO suit you! I think it will look absolutely FAB. AND.....I read that you have found a DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*TQ hurriedly makes an appointment at the Muppet Salon for drastic removal of Muppet Fluff on SM's legs in time for Dukie*

*TQ has to pay more than the cost of Coleen McLaughlin's wedding to get it all done in time - and is sad because TQ loves her Muppet with all her fur and it won't be the same*

GREAT big hugs to you my darling - not long now to Dukie! x

anna_81 wrote: »
    I know what you mean it's great not to have to do a thing but only when you know that a job is waiting for you.
    And poo on the hayfever! you must be so uncomfortable now; hayfever and asthma.

I always like to try and find my limits:o I got badly injured a couple of years ago in a caraccident so now I'm taking life to the fullest! After surgery 2 years ago I gaint 3 stone and I felt ugly, I was tired all the time and now I'm really fit (I can run 6 floors without being out of breath) and I like myself a lot more.

am in HUGE admiration of you Anna - you are an inspiration - good on you, girl! x
    Hello TQ and everyone ...... *waves*

I love the sound of this cocktail ...am I right in thinking there's a company who makes models of various body parts?

maybe we should start a separate thread for *sons* and *Bollywood actors*

when my third son arrived some people asked if I would have liked a girl but I really didn't ...you know where you are with sons and some girls can be catty and spiteful (only my opinion) .....

of course the most important thing is that the baby is healthy ..... I loved the phrase you used 'my boys are my every heartbeat'

I wondered if anyone would comment on my suggested trip to Hong Kong ....... we are obviously on the same wavelength

hi Ruby! yes we are on the same wavelength! and yes we should start the threads you mentioned! you and I could talk for ever about our boys - everyone would be so fed up of us so we'd just have to talk to each other! x

Evening all.

I am just curious to whether anyone does yoga? I really want to start it to tone up my legs and get rid of my cellulite!!!

Heyyyyyyyyy Scatty! Quite some time ago now, when I had my second son, I did both Hatha and Iyengar yoga. I found them to be really good - Hatha yoga is the "warrior" yoga and as you progress, becomes quite difficult - you really do need good muscle control as you develop your technique with this one. I found Iyengar yoga much easier but both tone you well - Hatha is the one that, surprisingly, makes you sweat! They both lengthen your muscles beautifully though, and I enjoyed both.

Evening my lovelies!! It's been ages (again!)

BUT it's good to know that we can pop in any time and say hello and catch up! Not that I'm doing much catching up now, mind. I started, but my eyelids are drooping already - NOT because I'm not interested, but just because of a hectic few days away and too many late nights and early mornings.

Went to see my other great love on Sunday, Jon Bon Jovi!!! Ok, ok, I know I'm a saddo, but I can't help it! The show was amazing, they played for 2hrs 40mins. God, the energy!!! Anyway, my voice is now just about returning after doing my bit as backing singer - along with about 40,000 others. Magic.

So my next big event to look forward to is Duky!! Yay! Will be here before we know it

From starting to read through I see that I missed Boz and NS's birthdays. So HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you both. Much cutler love x

Apologies for everything else that I have surely missed and hope that everyone is healthy and happy

oh GINNY!!!!!!!! I am not a jealous person in ANY way but.........I am jealous of you going to see Bon Jovi in the VERY nicest way!

OH MY GOD. I would do him sideways, backwards, upside down, and shove the mke where the sun don't shine!

*ahem*

And I'd have been right there with you trilling along as the backing band! oh I WISH I'd been there!

I was aware of the tour of course, but I knew I had so much on in June and July that I didn't book tickets..........and hugely regret it. I just missed them in Las Vegas as well, two years ago, I was there the day after they did a concert there and we had tried to get timings right so we could see them but didn't manage it. I have seen everyone I have ever wanted to see but him!

plllllllleeeeeeeeeeasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee pm me doll and tell me ALL ABOUT IT!

so glad you had an amazing time! xxxxxxxxxxx
    Hello Cutler People

Having to work very late tonight...due to lack of productivity today at work..for reasons that have kept me away from here for a while...severe lack of concentration at the minute!

Anyhoo taking a quick break to say hello to everyone, and to say looking forward to Duky, its getting close now.

Hope everyone is well..better go and finsh this work before its time to get up and go to work!!!

Keep Dancing

MT.xx

special hugs just now, MT xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't worry TQ, I'll wobble along behind everyone else with you - us 'oldies' need to stick together! Maybe we could pretend Duky is fancy dress and go as Jabba the Hutt between us!!!!
    We could overwhelm Matthew in our combined fleshy parts - he'd go in never to be seen again!!!!! (seems a shame never to see him though, might have to attach a guide rope so he can come up for air sometimes!)

My Wii fit is still telling me I'm fat - so I tell it it's stupid, and it has no answer to that!

Anyway, back to the grindstone......

PS. THG, it gets better with kids - mine is now at the stage where he doesn't want to do anything (so no taxi service), is old enough to stay by himself (actually, he can't wait to get rid of me) and he is veggie so makes his own food! Life is simple - all I have to do is encourage him to grunt at me every now and again to see if he's still alive, and that's my responsibilities done with!!!!!

(we LOVE teenage boys!!!)

yes we will! we can "weeble" our way along to him and hit him with our wobble stick!

or he can kindly hit us with his! But I prefer it stiffer than more wobbly, I have to say :o!
    QUOTE=sadmuppet;24872153]Hi-de diddly folks!

Congrats to Chauncy on the graduation - I remember mine - it was in the Royal Albert Hall in London, and Princess Anne did the presentations! Don't remember enjoying the day much though - the fear of falling flat on my face on the stage in front of royalty and 2000 other people took the shine off it a bit!

SM
    XXXXX

Hello SM ...... I missed this bit yesterday ..... I don't know which I'm more impressed with, the fact that Princess Anne did the presentations or that it took place in the Royal Albert Hall ..... when my son graduated, the speaker was Jeremy Clarkson ........ I have it all on tape and it still makes me burst with pride .... needless to say

hello SC ....... I've been doing yoga for years but not to get rid of cellulite ...... surely you can't have any

I find it very relaxing and particularly like the 'swan' pose

I have done something to my foot ...... when we were in Hungary I tripped over some uneven pavement and now the foot is swollen and painful ......... I think I've damaged the fifth metatarsal

hope everyone else is well and sparkly[/QUOTE]

awwwwww Ruby........poor old sausage - how is your foot feeling now???????? you take care x
    jackiebops wrote: »
    Hi Kiddies, just popping in to say a quick hello as I won't be about for a few days as me and miss toots have hospital appointments tomorrow and then we're going to my mum's for a couple of days to 'recover !'. Stay sparkly and will catch up soon xxxxx

aw my Bopsy Babe - how on EARTH will you feel today? she will be absolutely fine..........you will just need to give her loads of TLC (terrific loving Cutler? ) and indulge her every whim. What about you as well my lovely - are you all right? hope nothing is wrong for you hun xxxxxxxxxx

let us know how things are xxxxxxxx love ya x

Oh dear. Poor Toots. My thoughts are with her.

I think I'm never gonna get rid of my cellulite. I should buy those fit flops.

Mine would be Fat Flops lol!

EmilyIRE wrote: »

aw Em - don't worry my darling - it will all be ok and you'll get on your flight soon........once you're there with your friends it will all be fine and you'll have a fab time. Hang in there doll xxxxxx

and have a fabby time ! x

MarDans wrote: »
    Oh nooo - good luck Emily, hang in there! I'm sure everything works out in the end, it always does...

Hellooo everyone! So long since I posted here - was in Southern France for work (one of the best meetings I ever organised , it was fab). Have missed all of you!!

NS and Boz - van harte gefeliciteerd!!
    THG - OMG a book with your name on it, but what's more, your work in it! you must be so proud, well done!
    Chauncy - congrats on graduating!
    Anna - gefeliciteerd met je 1000e post, en geniet van je welverdiende vakantie!
    TQ - welcome back, hope life doesn't get in the way too much of that lingering Caribbean feel!
    Jojo - wow, you've done us all proud, I am so not a long distance running kinda gal, am really in awe of such accomplishments..

Sorry to everyone I've not mentioned, I love you all!
    Can't believe it's exactly a month from today that we meet - BF and I talk about it all the time, can't wait!

Have a glorious day, hope it's as sunny where you are as it is in Amsterdam!
    *scurries off to check out the new webshop*

MD!!!!!!!!!!!! hello my lovely - can't wait to meet at Dukie!

am thinking about it now myself!

am so delighted you had a great meeting in the South of France, that is where I am trying to move to!

We are looking to buy between Nice and Antibes.........be in England in term time for the children's education, and France the rest of the time. We have just taken on a huge French contract as well so its small steps to our eventual aim !

glad it all went well - will actually SEE you soon! xxxx

That's what the lack of muppetfur and TQ sparkle does - makes it look like a WHOLE different place......

Still, I'm back now to distribute fluff, and I'm sure TQ will be sprinkling her sparkliness over the Bar when she's got settled after her hols....

Anyway, must go now as I've got work to do

Speak soon

SM
    XXX

yes I will be back properly soon. I am not working this week but its been a bit of a difficult week!

I didn't want to say earlier, but I've been worried this week about my beautiful dog. He is a big 6.5 stone black labrador who is 12 now.........not fat - just beautifully muscled - but he is a huge dog.

He was fine when we went on holiday.......but on Monday morning, I thought he'd lost the use of his back legs..... he couldn't get out of his bed or get up without my helping him - and he is really heavy for me to lift him.

I was here on my own since Mr TQ had to fly to Paris at 5am on Monday morning! so I have had to really monitor my dog and help him get outside etc. I've been giving him warm grapeseed oil and lavender oil massages on his legs and he wasn't wincing in any way but just couldn't get up. I was steeling myself for having to have him put to sleep.......he was really bad, and I have always said I would never let him suffer in any way. But, yesterday morning, he got up as right as rain! Just normal again! he has never suffered from arthritis or anything - he has always been really well.......so I guess he just strained something? I really hope that's all it was. Last night the children and I took him for a gentle walk and he was his usual lively self............so I am hugely relieved.

My cat also has been behaving very strangely since I've been home! He won't leave me - I think he's worried we're going to go again. Last night, before going to bed, I got in the shower, and as I got out, there is the cat, just sitting calmly watching me! I almost fell over him since wasn't expecting to see him (no-one closes any bathroom doors in my house lol) and when I took the dog for a walk last night, the cat came to the end of the road, sat there and waited for us to return! Weird!

I have also been trying to get everything sorted out - have only done business emails but no actual work! and have had so much washing and ironing even for a week - there ARE four of us! and no help ! I took the ironing to the ironing lady and also, when we left for holiday, our garden looked amazing - on our return, it looked like a hurricane had been through it! So, just so hubby won't have to do it when he gets back from Paris on Friday, I paid someone £100 to do it all! paddock and all! they finished yesterday and it looks fab again.

and........GET THIS! Even an old bag like me can still pull :D! Can see all you young uns falling about laughing at the very idea of poor ole TQ being able to pull!

The guy who came round offering gardening services was about 25 and he just got the jobs - he had a young guy and a girl working for him. He came and gave me a quote, and was very flirty with me - and he asked me out to dinner! Told hubby and he roared with laughter! he was really persistent, this guy! for God's sake I am an old bag and 20 years older than him - so I said no thank you and sent him to Specsavers lol!

but it did make me feel good since when you are older, that doesn't happen very much lol!

tee hee naughty ole TQ ! getting pulled! way hay! :D

anyway - have wibbled and wobbled on for quite long enough now!

am going away to get on with my day! which includes going to Tesco (HATE Tesco - I shop at Waitrose!) because its my childrens' school fayre tomorrow and the parents have been asked to provide gifts for the Tombola stall and send in cakes etc.

the theme is Family Fun ! :rolleyes: (groans in desperation)

and you have to buy things that all the family can do!

am tempted to buy something totally inappropriate since I am slightly rebellious and am not your usual "school mum" - I teeter up there in my make up and high heels and they all look at me as if I have two heads lol ! am just not the tracksuit type! I can't help it, I'm just not that way. Every time I mention that I am going for a manicure, they look at me as though I've just murdered the Pope!

am rebel at heart ! My worst ever moment as a parent came when I was asked to buy a brown tshirt for a dress up outfit for a history day at school and was told that if I couldn't find one, I could use an old white one and soak it in tea! SOAK IT IN TEA???????? WHAT planet are this lot ON! I sincerely hope I would have better things to do in life than stand there faffing about with a bloody tea bag!

no no and no. And thankfully my "nice" mum friends all agreed with me and voiced their dissatisfaction through a Chanel-lipped mouth also!

I do anything for my children - love doing art stuff with them and all kinds of things - but I simply stop at that!

oh well. off to jolly Tesco I go.

hope you are all sparkly and haven't fallen asleep with my post!

much love and back later! x

will bring back some goodies for you from the T-shop! x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,257
    Forum Member
    Hello there TQ, what a long post!!! Aw glad your doggy is better!! and LOL about your cat, my used to do that when I was younger (they aren't around anymore) we used to go away for most of the summer and my grandparents would look after them, when we came back they ignored us for the first few hours then wouldnt leave us alone, funny things! lol
    Hehe, you pulled!! What's your secret? :p

Can't be long til you girls go to Dunkinfield can it?? Are you all excited?How many of you are going?
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Hello TQ ******waves*****

what a huge and interesting post ..... as it were

have just read that the lovely Hrithik is doing a photo shoot for an underwear ad. :o now there's an idea for Matthew

and have found a new Doctor for the Bar .... Arjun Rampal .... yes, another Bollywood actor

I had my foot X-rayed yesterday and I have damaged the fifth metatarsal :eek: so have to keep the foot elevated as much as possible ....... so no dance class for me today

am so glad your dog has recovered ..... in January 2007 my cat suddenly lost the use of her back legs, so we took her to the vet who said she had heart failure and, at 15 years old, there was nothing he could do for her .... fortunately her sister is still going strong at nearly 17

and why shouldn't a 25 year old find you attractive :) there's a young man who works in my local Tesco at the weekend who's about 22 and tall and blond

he always smiles and chats to me and really brightens up a dull shopping trip

I must hobble off to do some more shopping ...... back soon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Oooh R-T, thanks so much for the compliment :o I try... English is just such a beautiful language, with so many more ways to express yourself, when compared to Dutch.. I can't do any Hungarian or Czech (is dobry den or pozor shoddy Czech?), so to me that's amazing!
    Can't believe you hurt your foot, hope it all heals very quickly (and that it's not too painful?) - beterschap, and best of luck with keeping the leg up and not dancing..:cry:

Look forward so much to meeting all of you - woohooo TQ, Southern France is gorgeous, am so not jealous that you might live there! :D No, am thrilled for you, that'll be just the thing! Am glad the huge dog is fine..

Tot later lieverds, abrazo en knuffel MD
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    MarDans wrote: »

Tot later lieverds, abrazo en knuffel MD

Now Muppet dutch is beginning not to make sense - cos this translates as:

Small child later lizards, clean the Doctor's truffles with Brasso ....

Well, I can see the small child later (as long as he turns up for his appointment) , but I'd rather shine up the Doctor's truffles with something more tasty than Brasso (Nutella perhaps). So the 'lizards' bit is obviously a term of endearment.....:confused:

e.g. Hi, my little lizards, how are you today?

Is it nearly Friday yet ????

*SM goes to have a lie down in a suitably darkened romm with a large glass of Brasso....*

:D
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Hi TQ

Would quote your post, but might be modded for taking up too much space! :p

Yes, I got my lovely Antiguan this morning thanks - he was (and is) well packaged - and is still very stiff - thanks. I'll try him out later when I get home from work......

I'm SO glad you have the same intelligent conversations with your Wii as I do. It keeps asking me whether I want to do the body test and I keep saying 'only if you aren't going to tell me (again) that I'm a lardy-a*se' to which it has no answer.....(see, I must be more intelligent that it is, cos it doesn't respond to that one...)

THEN, sometimes when it's had the cheek to tell me I'm still fat, when I stand on it, it tells me 'I can't find you'. Well, I'm standing on your head you stupid machine, and if you can't feel me, then I can't be as fat as you keep telling me I am....'

Oh, the joys of NOT going to Rosemary Conley.....

And as for the hair, while they are colouring the top bit, the rest of the staff at the salon are going to town with the garden shears to chop the rest of the muppet hair of as well. I might collect it and make it into wool - anyone fancy a muppet-hair jumper? Very warm and (almost) insect free.....

TQ, I'm definitely going to come and live with you (sorry, I would offer to do your ironing and stuff, but I'm not sure you'd appreciate my 'talents') cos I don't see ANY nice young men who want to flirt with me......:(:(:( Tis not fair.....

Hope your lovely diggity-dog is still OK now - he was probably 'punishing' you for leaving him - wanted to make you feel guilty! And as for the cat - he is DEFINITELY planning your demise for the same reason..... he's watching your every move, so beware - he'll probably leave you something 'lovely' to step in or something in the next few days.... NEVER trust a cat.....:eek::D

Anyway, back to the small children and the Brasso my little lizards.....

CUTLER LOVE ALL THE WAY (or maybe most of the way, 'cos the pleasure of anticipation is good too)

SM
    XXXXX
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this talk about pets is making me feel really sad about our cat who I had to have put down 2 years ago 'cos she had cancer. I held her while the vet did it. My sons still call me cat murderer. :cry:

And it's b***dy raining. :(

I think I need one of these:
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/SCD-O/SCDVITT-11-15-07/ITT-11-15-07618.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! I've finally caught up with me work and am going to take the rest of the evening off! :D I still have to do a massive shop and clean the entire house from top to bottom (well, bar the bathroom which my husband is cleaning at the moment, bless him), but that can wait until tomorrow.

I have done something to my foot ...... when we were in Hungary I tripped over some uneven pavement and now the foot is swollen and painful ......... I think I've damaged the fifth metatarsal :eek:

Oh, poor you, RT! :( I sprained my foot a couple of years ago while running for a bus and it was really painful (not helped by the fact that I spent the week after I did it on a narrow boat, which meant lots of hopping on and off at locks! :eek:) I do hope your foot feels better very soon.
    Exactly! I know your wedding day is meant to be special and everything but it's the whole marriage that counts. You can have the best day ever on a £100 pounds if you wanted to.
    Don't get me started on Wayne and Colleens wedding. £5 million pounds!! Like you said that money could be better spent somewhere else. Weddings aren't about glitz and glamour.

When I was planning out wedding, I was told that the most important day is not your wedding day, but the day after. And very good advice it is!

I have actually interviewed some 'big budget brides' for an article (although not in the Wayne and Colleen league) and most of them seemed to be pretty secure in their relationships. The common theme to all of them was making the day special for their families. The bulk of the spend was on things like food and accommodation rather than glitzy extras. But maybe that was just my sample. :)
    PS. THG, it gets better with kids - mine is now at the stage where he doesn't want to do anything (so no taxi service), is old enough to stay by himself (actually, he can't wait to get rid of me) and he is veggie so makes his own food! Life is simple - all I have to do is encourage him to grunt at me every now and again to see if he's still alive, and that's my responsibilities done with!!!!!;)

(we LOVE teenage boys!!!)

SM, that made me grin! :D Thank you for that. I definitely needed something to smile about, having just found out that one of the funding applications I'm involved in didn't get funding, so no guaranteed work for me next year. :( Ah, well, a temporary job may come good, even if it is only for four months and isn't really what I want to do. We'll see. *sigh*
    jamboreej wrote: »

Yup, raining here too, jammy. :( D'you think I could have one as well? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening everyone.

Emily, I hope that you have got on your flight and are on the way there! It must be really annoying for that to happen.

Ruby. I can't believe you have broken a bone. :eek: It'll get better before you know it.

TQ, thanks for the info on yoga. Hatha yoga seems better. As it is harder it would be better for you and make you work harder. My mate said it helps you find peace as well. That'll really be helpful for GCSE year. However I do need some type of activity that will get rid of the bloody cellulite on my legs. :(
    Glad to hear that your dog feels better and more full of life. Perhaps he was just having a bad day. And get you with the gardening service guy. :p

THG I see your point of view. It happens all the time with my family and friends of the family. The wedding day is made up so much for the parents.

How is everyone by the way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! I've finally caught up with me work and am going to take the rest of the evening off! :D I still have to do a massive shop and clean the entire house from top to bottom (well, bar the bathroom which my husband is cleaning at the moment, bless him), but that can wait until tomorrow.

Yup, raining here too, jammy. :( D'you think I could have one as well? :p

Top to bottom clean of the house - yug. But don't you feel great afterwards knowing all those nooks and crannies which no one will ever see are clean :rolleyes:

Group hug definitely : there is lots of him to go around. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Group hug definitely : there is lots of him to go around. :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a piece! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening! *runs, slides and pops up in the middle of the group hug*

Had a loooonnnnggg day at work :yawn: everybody seemed to be angry or intellectually challenged. Can I borrow the MC to rub my feet? Was information and host today so have been standing for over 9 hours:(

Ruby you poor thing *tells the MC to rub Ruby's good foot*

On a happier note: only 4 weeks and 2 days till Duky!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a piece! :p

SC of course.
    He has very looooonnnnnngggg muscular arms :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Anna!

Your day sounds really challenging! *calls Matt over to pay Anna some attention*

I can't wait for that day! Because that means the summer holidays would have started. :)

Jammy I love his arms. They are soooo toned and, and, urmmmm *thuds while imagining his arms*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Anna!

Your day sounds really challenging! *calls Matt over to pay Anna some attention*

I can't wait for that day! Because that means the summer holidays would have started. :)

Jammy I love his arms. They are soooo toned and, and, urmmmm *thuds while imagining his arms*

:eek: you still have a whole month to go?

hmmm forearms *grins stupidly*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Technically it is two weeks as I have work experience in a week that goes on for two weeks. Then I have three days after work experience. So excited. I'm going to get my hair cut, new wardrobe! :D I can't wait.

While we are on forearms... http://youtube.com/watch?v=G9Dwax1tKdI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically it is two weeks as I have work experience in a week that goes on for two weeks. Then I have three days after work experience. So excited. I'm going to get my hair cut, new wardrobe! :D I can't wait.

Love the fact that you take those two weeks so seriously! Or is it because of the new hair and wardrobe ;):D

*sigh sparkly tattoo*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

New hair, new wardrobe: retail therapy FANTASTIC :D

oooo forearms : http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/SCD-Observer/ITT%2010-24-06/ITT-10-24-0662.jpg

and a kiss : http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/SCD-Observer/ITT-10-27-06/ITT-10-27-0629.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of both. I need new suitable clothes as all the clothes I have are really not suitable for a primary school. You can't wear jeans and stuff so that's not too good for me. The haircut, well I just fancy a change. I want a fringe! :D

I hope the tattoo comes out a bit more this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where is the thud warning?!?!? :P I nearly fell off my chair. I love the first picture. I was staring at it for quite a bit as his arms are soo big and toned there. :eek: *thuds*

Second pic, well he has his tattoo out and loving his pose.
This discussion has been closed.