Options

If Big Brother was a BBC show...

Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
Forum Member
If the Beeb showed BB instead of Channel 4 and it was on BBC2 in the start of the series. I guess it might have been shown on BBC1 by now if that was the case like many BBC2 shows that moved to BBC1.

Comments

• Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    If the Beeb showed BB instead of Channel 4 and it was on BBC2 in the start of the series. I guess it might have been shown on BBC1 by now if that was the case like many BBC2 shows that moved to BBC1.

Probably..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    What a random thread.

Lets discuss...
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    It would probably have normal people as housemates, too..............
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe .. But the Beeb seem to be nearly embarrassed to screen Reality TV shows and end up shoving them on BBC3 :o
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    Well, at one point it was getting up to 10 million viewers. I think on The BBC it would've dont better than that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »
    It would probably have normal people as housemates, too..............
    It'd never have been a success either ... I imagine it to be like Castaway,a half hearted attempt at what is a great idea.
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member
    I think it would have been shown after Newsnight on weekdays, but I don't think it would have been a big enough of a success. Simply because I don't think it would have been given enough attention or effort put into it.
  • Options
    QuannoiQuannoi Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nice thought - no achingly unfunny mobile idents and no ad breaks!

Doubtful though - the Beeb canned Fame Academy in a big show of giving reality TV the thumbs down, which was a shame as it was among the classier examples IMO.
  • Options
    puddypuddy Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Fame Academy. Not so much the celeb version, but the ordinary one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe .. But the Beeb seem to be nearly embarrassed to screen Reality TV shows and end up shoving them on BBC3 :o

The Apprentice, Strictly come dancing, etc are successful BBC1 reality shows.

Plus CBB1 was on BBC 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Rachel would have been considered a worthy winner. Thankfully Big Brother will never appear on the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...Rachel would have been considered a worthy winner. Thankfully Big Brother will never appear on the BBC.

It's already been on there (as I said CBB1), but that was back when BB wasn't a chav fest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus CBB1 was on BBC 1.
    I don't tend to class SCD as a Reality Show ... It's just a rehash of Come Dancing which wasn't a Reality Show
  • Options
    boldjohnboldjohn Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would watch it on BBC.
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Yes I do remember the first CBB was on BBC1 along with CHannel 4. The winner was annouced on Comic Relief Night.
  • Options
    MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member

Plus CBB1 was on BBC 1.

Strictly isn't a reality show and The Apprentice is hardly surveilance, like Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity or, to an extent, Fame Academy.
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I think it would make a wonderful BBC radio programme. Tasks could include flower arranging and sign language...
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    If BB was a bbc show, there would be no swearing or unseemly displays of emotion shown. :D Everyone would be wearing suits, there would be hardly any accents ;):cool: (apart from London of course) the show would not last longer than a few weeks either and there would be no live feed :(.

In short it would not be the bb we know and love today on the beeb. :p
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the Beeb would've touched it with a bargepole - far too far off their comfy radar to showcase something that would provoke controversy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's already been on there (as I said CBB1), but that was back when BB wasn't a chav fest.

That was just Red Nose Day frivolity.
  • Options
    GMAKAIWTYGMAKAIWTY Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL @ CBB on BBC (Celeb BB)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was on about something else judging by the title. I'll say what I was going to when I read the title. If the show was being shown by the BBC, then I'd hope they kept it total reality, and not just editing it to make certain housemates look good. At least this way, the one who won would be winning fairly.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CBB1 was a one-off for charity but they would never have commissioned something like BB themselves. Even BB1 with its swearing and nudity would never have made it on BBC1.
  • Options
    godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member

oh it would be loved by all the luvvies and broadsheet paper readers it would not be classed as reality (it's on the bbc it can't be it's more a documentary )and all the people who now claim to hate it could now openly admit they watch it of course the newspapers would be going ape about the waste of taxpayers money !:eek:
    maybe i am just cynical eh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    I don't think the Beeb would've touched it with a bargepole - far too far off their comfy radar to showcase something that would provoke controversy.
    Yeah cos Jerry Springer the Opera was a safe, comfy choice and certainly didn't provoke any controversy.