Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The poor excuse apparently is that Ramos has been rotating because of the number of matches. He probably didn't think top 4 was realistic so wants to concentrate on the cups. But you can be knocked out of cups on one bad decision or one bad piece of play or stupidity (a la Jenas yesterday). And we don't want to be in a relegation battle. This is going to be the worst season since Gross. What's the answer?
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Just listening to Phil Cornwell's Spurs Show, love the idea that Levy's big plan is to get the team into the Champions League a couple of players at a time, starting with Keane & Berbatov....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ramos needs to quit - he is now officially worse than Gross and the only thing I can think of that is worse than Gross is Horrendous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we all now wanting Ramos out or are we being a bit hasty? My heart says 'out' right now but they interviewed Burkinshaw on Football Focus who said he would have been sacked in his first season and Ramos should be given more time. However, the consequences of relegation is very different now to then and we simply can't risk that.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As bad as we are, I really dont believe relegation is a possibility.

Things do need to change though, and this lone striker formation is abysmal with the players we have.

We need someone with leadership qualities, and players who can show some real effort.

I fear we'll plod along to January, then buy a load more players, and start the adjustment period all over again.

I cant believe we sold three strikers, all of whom were 20+ goals a season men, and ended up with what we have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Mail:
    Former Tottenham hero Jurgen Klinsmann might soon be available to step into the shoes of beleaguered Spurs boss Juande Ramos as his position at the helm of German giants Bayern Munich looks increasingly vulnerable.

Klinsmann's Bayern were beaten 1-0 by minnows Hanover 96 on Saturday, leaving them floundering in ninth place with two wins, two draws and two defeats from their first six matches under the new manager.

Munich chairman Uli Hoeness left Klinsmann in no doubt that the pressure is on him.

Doesn't sound that much better than Ramos!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Daily Mail:

Doesn't sound that much better than Ramos!

We should get the Hamburg manager. They're top of the league!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should get the Hamburg manager. They're top of the league!

Indeed. I'm sure he'd have won that match yesterday with aggressive tactics. Roll on Thursday....
  • Options
    SuperSpursSuperSpurs Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still here, just too depressed to comment really :p:o:(

(Still don't think sacking Ramos is the answer quite yet though, but ask me after the Hull game ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we (me?) getting hysterical? How bad on a scale 1-10 is it? (10 being most optimistic).
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the thing is, sacking the manager is usually the first thought on the fans mind when the club goes on a run like this, but sometimes that creates more problems than it's worth.
    look at ferguson's first year at utd - they only won 1 game away all season and ultimately finished 11th. the next few years were pretty dire as well, but the board stuck with him through thick and thing and now look at them.

i'm not saying ramos is the second coming of alex ferguson because he clearly isn't, but i do think there are times when you need a board who are willing to stick by the manager no matter what.

ramos currently isn't making it easy to get behind him with some of his selection choices, but i still think sacking him in what is really his first full season in charge is probably the wrong move.

• Options
    shaneyshaneyshaneyshaney Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thank god people have finally woke up and smelt the coffee to what I have been saying for weeks......................and to think I was accused of moaning too much !! :rolleyes:

You can all see that Ramos and Poyet must go NOW. Do we realy need to be humiliated at home to Hull next week for the final nail to go in the coffin. Stevie Wonder has a clearer vision of how Spurs should play then these 2 idiots.

However bad Ramos is, im amazed that Poyet pretty much escapes any criticism from some people. Yes Ramos picks the team (and he does that very very badly) but equally Poyet is the man who spends most time with them on the training pitch...............and we can all honestly say that we have never seen a more lack lusture, dire looking, clueless, lack of idea's bunch of players in all my years of watching................so what the hell is Poyet doing with them all week in training ?

I hope we somehow scrape a win or draw on Thursday, simply in the hope that we will still be in the group stages so a new manager can actually get us somewhere this season. I fully expect to lose to Hull on Sunday as another mix & match spurs side is put out with the usual scenario of all the players looking totally clueless. Hopefully that will get Ramos the chop.

People dont realise that relegation is a real real possibility under this idiotic management team as if we cant beat Hull at home, then where the hell can anyone see our next win coming from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I guess it's too easy to call for the manager's head, after a day like yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well thank god people have finally woke up and smelt the coffee to what I have been saying for weeks......................and to think I was accused of moaning too much !! :rolleyes:

You can all see that Ramos and Poyet must go NOW. Do we realy need to be humiliated at home to Hull next week for the final nail to go in the coffin. Stevie Wonder has a clearer vision of how Spurs should play then these 2 idiots.

However bad Ramos is, im amazed that Poyet pretty much escapes any criticism from some people. Yes Ramos picks the team (and he does that very very badly) but equally Poyet is the man who spends most time with them on the training pitch...............and we can all honestly say that we have never seen a more lack lusture, dire looking, clueless, lack of idea's bunch of players in all my years of watching................so what the hell is Poyet doing with them all week in training ?

I hope we somehow scrape a win or draw on Thursday, simply in the hope that we will still be in the group stages so a new manager can actually get us somewhere this season. I fully expect to lose to Hull on Sunday as another mix & match spurs side is put out with the usual scenario of all the players looking totally clueless. Hopefully that will get Ramos the chop.

People dont realise that relegation is a real real possibility under this idiotic management team as if we cant beat Hull at home, then where the hell can anyone see our next win coming from.

But you were moaning too much! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the thing is, sacking the manager is usually the first thought on the fans mind when the club goes on a run like this, but sometimes that creates more problems than it's worth.
    look at ferguson's first year at utd - they only won 1 game away all season and ultimately finished 11th. the next few years were pretty dire as well, but the board stuck with him through thick and thing and now look at them.

i'm not saying ramos is the second coming of alex ferguson because he clearly isn't, but i do think there are times when you need a board who are willing to stick by the manager no matter what.

ramos currently isn't making it easy to get behind him with some of his selection choices, but i still think sacking him in what is really his first full season in charge is probably the wrong move.

Im sorry but I laugh when people bring up the boring Alex Ferguson story. That was over TWENTY years ago...............the game then was on a different planet to what it is today. It was'nt just Fegie at Utd.............ALL managers back in them days were given time.

The difference is that if you look at the UTD team he had to begin with it was pretty awful. Spurs have a team full of international "stars". Fergie was'nt on £5 million a year either. If a team got relegated back then, the odds are they would pop back up next season. Today It would probaly make us go bust. You just cant compare the 80's to the game it is now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    But you were moaning too much! :p

You were'nt moaning enough ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ramos needs to play two strikers next week, and Campbell should be one of them. He's got pace, and enthusiasm, and surely cant be worse than what we've had so far.

This 5 man midfield is totally inept, and I cant see us getting goals with it.

The "bedding in" excuse can go on no longer. We are playing a poor system for the players we have, and we need to show some spirit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to laugh when Jenas said today that..........."as long as we are strong as a team we will be okay".

Us ? Strong ??? Jesus we are doomed then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can all see that Ramos and Poyet must go NOW..

ok, so who replaces them ?

and what happens if and when they can't turn the team around ?

do we just keep sacking managers left right and centre, paying out ever increasing compensation, until we find one that does ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, so who replaces them ?

and what happens if and when they can't turn the team around ?

do we just keep sacking managers left right and centre, paying out ever increasing compensation, until we find one that does ?

This is not a knee-jerk reaction. Ramos has had almost a whole year and in that time we have not improved in one single area...............not one. In fact we have gone completly backwards in every area. If someone could could tell me one single improvement we have made in a whole year under his management then Im all ears.

The hard truth is that he has'nt got a clue, and we have to sack him or we will be relegated..............pure and simple. We have a look of a team who has simply given up already, and once a manager loses the players then its impossible to improve. New players like Bentley, Dos Santos and Pavlyuchenko seem to have given up on their Spurs careers before they have even started. Ramos and Poyet have made a team of international quality players look pure and utter rubbish not once, but EVERY single game. How is that a competent manager ?

I would have Harry Redknapp or Glenn Hoddle in the job tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wouldn't object to hoddle either, as long as he's stopped thinking he's a superstar and more important than the players.

i read some of what tim sherwood said about him when he was at the club and how, when he fell out of favour, hoddle used to walk past him in the hall and totally blank him, which is no way to behave.

but i'll admit he's got the right ideas about how the game should be played, so for that aspect alone i wouldn't have a problem with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone could could tell me one single improvement we have made in a whole year under his management then Im all ears.

I can! We're fitter. We still lose matches, but not in the last 5 minutes of games ;):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it's time to play a more straightforward formation, and settle on a starting line-up for a few games.

There seems little doubt that the centre back pairing should be Woodgate and Corluka (King when available). We have missed Hutton enormously, and I think he will make a big difference when he returns to fitness. Bale obviously at left back, or left midfield if Bentley is playing poorly. Lennon on the left, Bentley on the right of midfield. Zokora is our only defensive midfield player, and is a cert in the centre. The one remaining midfield place should go to either Modric or Jenas, with Bent and one other up front. For me, this has to be Campbell as Pavvy looks too slow for the Premier league. Really, I think that is our best team, with dos Santos coming off the bench as an impact sub. Or playing as a second striker if Campbell is not available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5heEy5HkMgbTtp9LaacqULBZPxU1w
    The Football Association have been urged to take action in a police complaint about the verbal abuse directed at former Tottenham favourite Sol Campbell at Fratton Park on Sunday.

Hampshire Constabulary say they were prompted to take the unusual step of asking the FA to intervene by "the sheer number of people involved" in the chanting directed at the Portsmouth defender by visiting Spurs fans.

The FA are awaiting reports from witnesses and officials at the game, including referee Mike Dean before deciding whether to take matters further but they have already been contacted by the Hampshire police - who admitted it was "not feasible" to make arrests.

I have to say the chanting was abusive, and not the sort of thing that would be tolerated anywhere else.

I'm not sure what action can be taken against the club though.

It is possible to make feelings clear about an individual without obscenities of this nature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5heEy5HkMgbTtp9LaacqULBZPxU1w

I have to say the chanting was abusive, and not the sort of thing that would be tolerated anywhere else.

I'm not sure what action can be taken against the club though.

It is possible to make feelings clear about an individual without obscenities of this nature.

There area million things that are tolerated on a football pitch that would'nt be tolerated anywhere else. Calling someone names is just another one.

People will never forgive Campbell and this abuse will follow him to the end of his days. He made his bed.............
This discussion has been closed.