Options

Does leon's voice have any emotion?

Comments

• Options
    DATMANDATMAN Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marta wrote: »
    I think the whole song about unrequited love is emotional. I was just picking out the high point. :)

You are spot on Marta:)

In 3 weeks time when Leon is No1 in the charts we won't need to defend Leon - his talent will have done that for us:D:D:D Not long to wait now:):)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,651
    Forum Member
    !J! wrote: »
    yeah they are amazing and have emotion in their voice his version doesnt! i do like him though
    I strongly disagree. Belting it out does not equal singing with emotion. Quite the reverse, in most cases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    The clip of that song Creative is fantastic. I wasnt really a fan before but think I might have to get that album now
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxxxy wrote: »
    The clip of that song Creative is fantastic. I wasnt really a fan before but think I might have to get that album now

Glad you liked it....it's my favorite too, thus far...:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Just goes to show that the listening is all in the ear of the beholder as, to me, Leon emotes beautifully in his singing. Tis but one of the things I love about him.
  • Options
    darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I think he is rubbish, very average, nothing specail at all. And to compare him to the likes of Michael B and Robbie Williams is an insult to them, he is nowhere near as good as them, they have stage presents, and personality. He doesn't :yawn:.

100% agree

Astounded me when he won, but Rhydian will end up more successful for sure.

He's not even attractive to get all the girlies creaming over, just a stunted boring little man
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkmoth wrote: »
    100% agree

Astounded me when he won, but Rhydian will end up more successful for sure.

He's not even attractive to get all the girlies creaming over, just a stunted boring little man
    Rhydian has released nothing yet, so how do you know he "will end up more successful for sure"? It's about time some people moved on :rolleyes:

And calling Leon a "stunted boring little man" is insulting and what I'd class as a personal attack on the lad.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cute chick wrote: »
    Rhydian has released nothing yet, so how do you know he "will end up more successful for sure"? It's about time some people moved on :rolleyes:

And calling Leon a "stunted boring little man" is insulting and what I'd class as a personal attack on the lad

Especially considering I'm sure the poster you quoted rightly took umbrage at some of the personal comments that were directed at Mo during BB by some fm's......;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd genuinely forgotten about Leon :o

Same here :o
  • Options
    yorkielassyorkielass Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that some people feel Leon doesn't put emotion into his singing. :(

Everyone knows that Leon is a sensitive and emotional person. Anyone who has seen him sing live will see that he really immerses himself in the lyrics. Isn't that called emotion?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think anyone with a passion for singing puts emotion into their singing. It's whether we the listeners can hear it or not. Leons voice was at times very monotone and I found it very hard to get something from it. Im sure he was putting emotion into it, it's just alot of us did not feel it. Then again alot of you did and thats good.

I thought his version of When You Believe was really lacking something and was really quite bad but then again having heard his new single a few times I think he can give us emotion and I actually like the song to.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leon is an oustanding singer and i'm delighted he won x factor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    I think that some people haven't listened to Leon's new material, but anyway, people feel emotion in different ways. There won't be unanimity about any artist, including very successful ones like Leona.

What's important is that enough people like the music and buy it, and about Leon, I have absolutely no worries whatsoever. :D
  • Options
    RitaRavioliRitaRavioli Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has no personality so no he does not show any emotion in his terrible voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has no personality so no he does not show any emotion in his terrible voice.

Infact I think thats what put me off him on the show. He was just so dull and when he spoke in that really monotone voice it really annoyed me.

When you don't like someone you automatically in your head don't want to enjoy their performance but I did enjoy one of his although I can't remember which one.
  • Options
    PeevesPeeves Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give It Up wrote: »
    Your question should just be "Does Leon have a voice?".

I wish him the best, I really do, but it is still beyond me how someone so mediocre (albeit quite likeable) won a talent show. The weakest talent show winner that I can remember. He makes Michelle McManus look like Celine Dion.

Well if Leon is mediocore then Rhydian (and the others) must have been absolutely AWFUL.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leon has a warm and expressive voice which suits his warm-hearted personality. I love his voice and his accent :cool: Far preferable to snooty people who hide their accent and speak in an affected way :)
  • Options
    Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I have to say I wasn't won over by him much last year and did want Rhydian to win. But I never acted like a troll when he did win.

Infact I think Leon has a very distinctive and natural singing sound. I can't wait for his album after listening to a few samples.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I wasn't won over by him much last year and did want Rhydian to win. But I never acted like a troll when he did win.

Infact I think Leon has a very distinctive and natural singing sound. I can't wait for his album after listening to a few samples.

Awwwww, that's fab. :)

Out of interest, have you grown to like Leon more in recent weeks, with the coming of the new naterial? It would seem that Leon is gathering new fans all the time. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    he is not attractive

and i can't fathom out how he manged to win over rhydian

rhyd was one of the best contestants they ever, ever had

simon even said he was the best singer last year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly Oaks wrote: »
    I wish Leon well, but how he won over Rhydian really puzzles me. I thought Leon was very average. :o

Ohh, looks like we'll be disagreeing here for the first time. :p

I got bored of Rhydian by Week 5. It was just the same boring over the top stuff every single week. Aside from his gimmick performances (Phantom of the Opera and Get This Party Started) I thought he was very plain.

Good voice. Talented. But dull as dishwater and absolutely zero personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sib69 wrote: »
    he is not attractive

Yes and Simon said that Hope were the best band they had ever had on the XF. Errrrr, G4? Journey South? I think not.

All matters of opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peeves wrote: »
    Ohh, looks like we'll be disagreeing here for the first time. :p

I got bored of Rhydian by Week 5. It was just the same boring over the top stuff every single week. Aside from his gimmick performances (Phantom of the Opera and Get This Party Started) I thought he was very plain.

Good voice. Talented. But dull as dishwater and absolutely zero personality.

Yeah, I remember starting off really liking Rhyd but as you say, he was given dull funeral songs to sing. Those latter songs didn't give Rhyd a chance to show any personality....not when compared to LGTPS (which was one of my fave performances from anyone last year). Not really all his fault though?
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sib69 wrote: »
    he is not attractive

simon was wrong.. :D he usually is ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote: »
    Not really all his fault though?

Well he did get to pick one sing to sing in Week 7 and Week 8 and chose ones that were very similair to the other songs he sang on those weeks.