Options

Media reaction to Jade Goody/Max Clifford

Comments

• Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Sun_Beam wrote: »
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Goody/Clifford camp as this whole thing has been like something from a badly scripted Carry On film since day 1. I do not beleive she's suffering from any type of cancer at all, but the thing is, no one will know either way unless someone happens to be in the Royal Marsden hospital on the same day as Jade is suppose to be in there for treatment, or if she's spotted at home or near her home when she's suppose to be attending the hospital.

Jade is releasing the medical information SHE wants to in order to keep up the charade, therefore there's no way we can prove she's ill or not. But as far as I'm concerned, all this stinks and the way it's been played out is just terrible, and I don't believe a single word of it due to the extreme conflicting stories and imagines of a supposedly "ill" Jade! :rolleyes:
    How very true! I am beginning to wonder if dumbblondemaggie (and if you're reading this come back you are needed) was right and Jade 'n Jack dreamed up the whole cancer stuff leaving Max to pick up the pieces. I have this fantasy (probably wishful thinking) that he is playing a double game and plans to redeem his shameful career by going out in a blaze of glory and taking Jade with him :eek: My only comment would be - don't stop there Max take Kerry as well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She’d love to take some time out to recover in private, but it’s not an option,’ says Danielle. She’s got a mortgage and the boys’ school fees to pay for. A lot of people have insurance or a husband who’ll take on another job to look after them, but Jade’s a single mum.’

So Jade's friend, Danielle, is preparing us for 'brave Jade' soldiering on with the book signings, the perfume launch, the panto and the cancer documentary. Jade is a millionaire and her kids have a father.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, more 'woe is me' stories from Jade's friends, I see!

Jade has created a lavish lifestyle for herself, and decided to sent her boys to an expensive school, but seeing as she has no career to speak of and doesn't have a regular, good wage coming in, then I can see why she needs to carry on working as those cars and holidays don't come cheap. But maybe she should have pulled her head from her backside and spent wisely, then she wouldn't have to prostitute herself to the media and cry that she needs to carry on working as what she's earned could have settled her if she'd been wiser. My hearts bleeds for her, but I'm sure her boys will appreciate the endless media work she's done for them, and the way she's conducted herself in various interviews and magazines in the future as like Jade has said, it's all for them - she's just a selfless, kind hearted woman! :rolleyes:

Oh, and those boys have a father who seems to be around whenever he's needed, and probably pays towards them, so she's no single mother living on a run down council estate!

Another sorry, sorry tale from the ever-changing saga of "Brave Jade"!

:yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is odd that she isn't saying anything. It is Jeff, her mother and her friend Danielle saying things and, of course, her PR. Don't they trust her?
  • Options
    Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jalabert wrote: »
    She’d love to take some time out to recover in private, but it’s not an option,’ says Danielle. She’s got a mortgage and the boys’ school fees to pay for. A lot of people have insurance or a husband who’ll take on another job to look after them, but Jade’s a single mum.’

So Jade's friend, Danielle, is preparing us for 'brave Jade' soldiering on with the book signings, the perfume launch, the panto and the cancer documentary. Jade is a millionaire and her kids have a father.

Unbelievable. Just how stupid do the editors of Now think their readers are? That piece is an absolute pile of s***. So Goody has no health insurance, no form of medical or incapacity insurance attached to her mortgage, and no-one to help her while she recovers? Jeff Brazier can't look after his boys now all of a sudden? Aren't their school fees paid up front? Jade is a single mum in status only. As firefliesuk pointed out, she drives a Bentley. As Jalabert pointed out, she is a millionaire. I don't know if Goody simply does not understand or does not care, but it is quite obvious that she, her friend and her PR people really do not give a damn about which demographic they insult, whether its the real, hardworking single mums, cancer sufferers, ethnic minorities, or the intelligences of those people on this very forum and elsewhere who can see through the veil of PR spin, lies and bullshit that this loud, ignorant and selfish bully has hidden behind for the last six years. The only reason Goody won't rest is because she has a public profile to maintain, and its just as well she has made such a miraculous recovery (and you were right Jennifer, she is able to walk again very quickly after such a traumatic operation, just as you predicted she would:rolleyes:) because otherwise she would not be able to make all those really vital and necessary public appearances to promote herself. The girl is a total bloody fake and I am amazed that any newspaper or magazine, even gutter rags like Now and Heat, still want anything to do with her. :mad:
  • Options
    capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omah wrote: »
    How come "Now" (IPC Group) has got the latest news and not the "Sun" (News Group Newspapers Ltd) ?????

Has MC negotiated a better deal ?????

:confused:

The Sun stopped the serialisation of her book after 2 or 3 days when it was advertised as being week long. Their readers were outraged at the cancer circus and the way she is pretending that her kids need money. So perhaps they aren't interested in annoying their readers with her sh*t anymore? Or perhaps they have found out the truth and don't want to get involved apart from to print the press releases?

One of the paid-for posters got FURIOUS when I was talking about the Sun stopping her serialisation last week, so there is obviously something in it! :D
  • Options
    skinrayskinray Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caprice wrote: »

One of the paid-for posters got FURIOUS when I was talking about the Sun stopping her serialisation last week, so there is obviously something in it! :D

I have said right from the beginning of this farce that the Clifford circus had planted posters in here. I was told that I was sick and deluded, it seems that everyone is beginning to see the light at long last. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Jalabert wrote: »

Er what planet is this Danielle living on? Does she think that every other woman who gets diagnosed with cancer has a rich husband to support her? Does she think sufferers make a conscious choice to stop working knowing they will be supported in luxury or that they have no choice at all - they feel far too ill and weak to continue and probably wouldn't be allowed to go back to work because of H&S policies anyway

If Jade has overextended herself by buying too expensive a house and sending the boys to a private school, she will simply have to cut down on her expenses - just like lots of others are going to have to now the recession has hit. Are we supposed to feel sorry for and rush out to buy her crap? Dream on Jade :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    I hope you're well on the mend now Josie! :)

I do have to comment on one thing you have said in your post though. The 6 week no-driving business is not to do with the effects of the anaesthetic but is to ensure that your abdominal wound and organs are not further traumatised by the need to brake suddenly.

The chemical agents used in a general anaesthetic do not still have an effect by this stage. You may still feel a bit ropey after a couple of weeks or longer after surgery but that will be due to a combination of the effects of major surgery on your body in general PLUS the effects of any painkilling drugs which you are still using for some time after the op.

Anaesthetic drugs do not linger in the body for very long - but sometimes a complex combination of different sorts of drugs can make you feel "not-quite-right" for longer than a simpler combination.

Also if Jade's op was a genuine radical hysterectomy - that can only be carried out abdominally and not vaginally - because it requires dissection and removal of the pelvic lymph nodes.

Thank you for your good wishes, I know that driving would have caused problems because of my wound and internal stiches, I had 4 incisions !:yawn: one right across my lower tummy.
    It was my surgeon who told me the effects of the drugs can last up to 6 weeks, I took that as the anesthetic as it still causes drowsiness after weeks.
    I dont think I was able to walk as well as Jade after 2 weeks tho.
  • Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Max Clifford made any statement? He isn't usually camera/media shy but in view of the backlash against Goodie, and she's hardly doing anything to stop it, I would have thought he would have been on every news/talk show going.
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tasi wrote: »
    Has Max Clifford made any statement? He isn't usually camera/media shy but in view of the backlash against Goodie, and she's hardly doing anything to stop it, I would have thought he would have been on every news/talk show going.

He would, but is currently indispised as he is having his glands smoothed this month by a crack team of masseurs.

Jade - sorry - 'brave' Jade is continuing to hold the fort.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    Tasi wrote: »

What backlash? I have heard of this but I don't know in what form.

I have read on here somewhere via a link that Jades picture on newspapers and mags sell more copies. There are about 10 regular posters charting every move and word and few passers by on this forum - don't know about other forums as I don't visit them. Spoof sites and death sites but as mentioned on here that isn't new when a 'celeb' is ill/in the news.

I haven't seen any bad press for Jade via the internet, don't buy papers but read online. So I am confused to what the backlash is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mzstake wrote: »
    I haven't seen any bad press for Jade via the internet, don't buy papers but read online. So I am confused to what the backlash is?

If you read online it would take only a few seconds with something called a search engine.
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Huffy1968 wrote: »
    Unbelievable. Just how stupid do the editors of Now think their readers are? That piece is an absolute pile of s***. So Goody has no health insurance, no form of medical or incapacity insurance attached to her mortgage, and no-one to help her while she recovers? Jeff Brazier can't look after his boys now all of a sudden? Aren't their school fees paid up front? Jade is a single mum in status only. As firefliesuk pointed out, she drives a Bentley. As Jalabert pointed out, she is a millionaire. I don't know if Goody simply does not understand or does not care, but it is quite obvious that she, her friend and her PR people really do not give a damn about which demographic they insult, whether its the real, hardworking single mums, cancer sufferers, ethnic minorities, or the intelligences of those people on this very forum and elsewhere who can see through the veil of PR spin, lies and bullshit that this loud, ignorant and selfish bully has hidden behind for the last six years. The only reason Goody won't rest is because she has a public profile to maintain, and its just as well she has made such a miraculous recovery (and you were right Jennifer, she is able to walk again very quickly after such a traumatic operation, just as you predicted she would:rolleyes:) because otherwise she would not be able to make all those really vital and necessary public appearances to promote herself. The girl is a total bloody fake and I am amazed that any newspaper or magazine, even gutter rags like Now and Heat, still want anything to do with her. :mad:

Excellent post Huffy1968.
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    galena wrote: »
    Er what planet is this Danielle living on? Does she think that every other woman who gets diagnosed with cancer has a rich husband to support her? Does she think sufferers make a conscious choice to stop working knowing they will be supported in luxury or that they have no choice at all - they feel far too ill and weak to continue and probably wouldn't be allowed to go back to work because of H&S policies anyway

If Jade has overextended herself by buying too expensive a house and sending the boys to a private school, she will simply have to cut down on her expenses - just like lots of others are going to have to now the recession has hit. Are we supposed to feel sorry for and rush out to buy her crap? Dream on Jade :mad:

Jade would be as well to cut out the middle man and just start up fund for donations to help her with her spiralling costs. :rolleyes: ........... or she could just get a smaller car, smaller house and put her boys into a state school if she is so hard up, which i.m.o. is very doubtful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable. Just how stupid do the editors of Now think their readers are?

must...... resist.......
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    [/B]

Jade would be as well to cut out the middle man and just start up fund for donations to help her with her spiralling costs. :rolleyes: ........... or she could just get a smaller car, smaller house and put her boys into a state school if she is so hard up, which i.m.o. is very doubtful.

I was watching Sky News this morning and they featured a woman with children who's suffering from cancer and had to give up her job. She lives on £60 a week benefits and help from family. She was highlighting the fall in donations to cancer charities (i.e. the ones that help cancer patients). I don't know if Jade has cancer or not, quite willing to believe she has, but for her to whine on about being a single mum with no money is a bit tasteless - expected of someone like her, perhaps, but tasteless nonetheless.
  • Options
    gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    Mzstake wrote: »
    What backlash? I have heard of this but I don't know in what form.

I have read on here somewhere via a link that Jades picture on newspapers and mags sell more copies. There are about 10 regular posters charting every move and word and few passers by on this forum - don't know about other forums as I don't visit them. Spoof sites and death sites but as mentioned on here that isn't new when a 'celeb' is ill/in the news.

There is no backlash,some people think if they say it often enough it will come true.
    Most people see Jade as another women suffering from cancer, but trying to live her life as normally as possible.

There has been nothing in the papers about her having liposuction,:eek: going to visit Jack in Norfolk while in the Royal Marsden:rolleyes: or even driving her car:confused: although on here they speak about these things as though they are facts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Hear hear. I totally agree.
  • Options
    gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    I was watching Sky News this morning and they featured a woman with children who's suffering from cancer and had to give up her job. She lives on £60 a week benefits and help from family. She was highlighting the fall in donations to cancer charities (i.e. the ones that help cancer patients). I don't know if Jade has cancer or not, quite willing to believe she has, but for her to whine on about being a single mum with no money is a bit tasteless - expected of someone like her, perhaps, but tasteless nonetheless.

That's awfull, I'm lucky I dont know what it's like to live with a sick mum trying to get by on benefits, but Jade do, she has lived that life, she was the child of the sick mum, maybe that's why she will do everything in her power to make sure her own children dont have to go through that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you read online it would take only a few seconds with something called a search engine.

Thank you but I do know how to use a search engine.

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47937145872

This similar group has 117 members wishing Jade well and the link you posted had 68 members.

Hmm. Is that the huge backlash? Don't think Jade should be to worried about that to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skinray wrote: »
    I have said right from the beginning of this farce that the Clifford circus had planted posters in here. I was told that I was sick and deluded, it seems that everyone is beginning to see the light at long last. :rolleyes:

There is a thread about it somewhere - might even be this one earlier on - where at least one was found out and her details posted (but taken off again). They aren't very good at their job *snigger* and leave a blazing trail right to the door of where they work. My guess is that the people that work for Goody are of her intellectual standard. :D.

As for Clifford, he is keeping a low profile isn't he? Deserting a sinking ship perhaps? The only thing he has said in weeks is he is going to try and stop some website being taken down. Big deal lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh this thread has had more views than the Get Well thread has had in over a month lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    caprice wrote: »
    Gosh this thread has had more views than the Get Well thread has had in over a month lol!

We are all on the edge of our seats waiting for the big expose that is coming....it is isn't?

I keep checking on here because, despite most people on this thread wanting Jade to vanish from the public eye, this is the place to find out the latest news...strange but true.

If at least 10 very hard working investigative forum members have found all the stories then it can't be long before the media finds out.

(btw - if one tries to post on the get well thread all of a sudden its swamped with a group of people mocking the well wishers. Terrible isn't it.:()
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    galena wrote: »
    How very true! I am beginning to wonder if dumbblondemaggie (and if you're reading this come back you are needed) was right and Jade 'n Jack dreamed up the whole cancer stuff leaving Max to pick up the pieces. I have this fantasy (probably wishful thinking) that he is playing a double game and plans to redeem his shameful career by going out in a blaze of glory and taking Jade with him :eek: My only comment would be - don't stop there Max take Kerry as well!

:D

Taking my office as a straw poll... last week it was about 50:50, this week it is all but two that think Goody doesn't have cancer and is fleecing the public. Out of those two, one is a "she wouldn't dare, she would get found out" (note, not "she isn't capable") and one is a don't know.

Seems that her miraculous recovery, shopping, prison visiting, school, photograph shoots, interviews... has caused her a problem... She WANTS to work but people don't want her to :D. She should have said she had an illness that kept you up and about, not gland smoothing where they expect you to take it easy, ot something many other woman have had and struggled with, and so KNOW what the effects should be.

Silly Goody!
This discussion has been closed.