Options

Media reaction to Jade Goody/Max Clifford

Comments

• Options
    capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    That's a good comment that they have allowed through on that article. :)

Yes, well done Moira! Again, it shows that the Goody camp didn't think things through, just thought "Cancer, that'll make them buy her cr@p!"

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/275868/jade-goody-there-s-more-hell-to-come/1/#commentsList
  • Options
    LiL MisS CooLLiL MisS CooL Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Ok there is no need to be so touchy it's just a thread!

If people want to support her than fair play to them to come on this forum and get abuse like what I've seen, I think they are very brave actually.

I am in 2 minds I want her to get better and be well again but then I'm suspicious of the storys but I'm not going to be nasty about her because frankly there isn't a need..Shes innocent untill proven guilty and I think she is completely telling the truth but Max just isn't helping her to say the least looking at all this backlash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.thespoof.com/search.cfm?tag=Jade%20Goody

Goody certainly gets the writers of the spoof going!

Some of their stories even have a warning!

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i39626

(Anyone read popbitch? They had dead jokes last week that made me blush!)

If Goody and her PR crew took the subject of cancer seriously, others might. As it is, they have successfully alienated the public. Ha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There really is no point trying to reason with them. Skinray is abusive to people who hold a difference of opinion to them, and they have been banned for it too, but quite clearly hasn't learnt their lesson..

Anybody who believes Jade has cancer automatically becomes a fan in their book, pretty strange logic but what they keep saying none the less.

Oh I gathered, I think if I carry this on anymore it will get too heated so think I'll just leave it, obviously can't be reasoned with.

I'm not a hardcore fan of Jade by no means. I don't mind her, I think she gets treated like shit but then anyone who has a past does, and they aren't forgiven which is a shame because I think underneath Jade is a good person.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody who believes Jade has cancer automatically becomes a fan in their book, pretty strange logic but what they keep saying none the less.

Not true.

I believe she has cancer but I hate the way it has been "sold" to the press and I am also questioning the inconsistencies in her story and wondering why she is able to do certain things so soon after a serious operation.
  • Options
    Will StarletWill Starlet Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    What on earth is Jade supposed to do, sit at home feeling sorry for herself ? That's never been her style. One fine day she might go on breakfast telly again and show off her battle scars. I wouldn't put it past her !

If you only have a short time left, then life is still a gift.

You can still get out there and make each day count !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth is Jade supposed to do, sit at home feeling sorry for herself ? That's never been her style. One fine day she might go on breakfast telly again and show off her battle scars. I wouldn't put it past her !

If you only have a short time left, then life is still a gift. You can still get out there and make each day count !

Perhaps she could spend some of those precious days with her children? Are you Jennifer or Jane? Your name seems familiar? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She always is with her children isn't she? Perhaps not Bobby because he is 5 therefore he is at school all day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She always is with her children isn't she? Perhaps not Bobby because he is 5 therefore he is at school all day?

No unfortunately, she says she is too tired to see them. :rolleyes: The other excuse she occasionally uses is she has to make money. She was supposed to be in India all this time, so she may be using the childcare she already had sorted for that, so she doesn't have to look after them now. Poor kids.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/article35190.ece
    http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/275868/jade-goody-there-s-more-hell-to-come/1/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, Was that in a newspaper?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Not true.

I believe she has cancer but I hate the way it has been "sold" to the press and I am also questioning the inconsistencies in her story and wondering why she is able to do certain things so soon after a serious operation.

Sorry Ber, the comment wasn't aimed at you but one individual poster.

I agree about the way it is being used in the press, it is annoying and I wished she'd deal with the cancer quietly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, Was that in a newspaper?

What? Her not spending time with her kids? Yes, in the paper, magazines, on forums, blogs. Many people are really disgusted about it of course. Same as when she was trying to convince the public to buy her stuff after the racist accusations, she was told on live TV to go and see her boys, but argued she couldn't because her house wasn't safe. Any excuse it seems to not see them. It is very very sad. In my opinion, it is one of the worst things about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Ber, the comment wasn't aimed at you but one individual poster.

I agree about the way it is being used in the press, it is annoying and I wished she'd deal with the cancer quietly.

Even now they are still giving interviews and there has been a big backlash. It is as if they are continuing on their car crash plan even though it is not working. Very odd!
  • Options
    gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    caprice wrote: »
    No unfortunately, she says she is too tired to see them. :rolleyes: The other excuse she occasionally uses is she has to make money. She was supposed to be in India all this time, so she may be using the childcare she already had sorted for that, so she doesn't have to look after them now. Poor kids.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/article35190.ece
    http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/275868/jade-goody-there-s-more-hell-to-come/1/

The papers write one thing then we see pictures of her doing the opposite.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't believe what newspapers say they twist peoples words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Even now they are still giving interviews and there has been a big backlash. It is as if they are continuing on their car crash plan even though it is not working. Very odd!

I've often wondered why Max does many things, not just relating to Jade.

He'll know what is being said on forums etc yet instead of saying to Jade, stay indoors, have your food delivered, let Jeff take the kids to school etc, he is still agreeing for her to be out and about to get papped.

If she were my client, I would indeed tell her she should stay silent whilst she recovers and then she could do an "exclusive" interview how ever long later once hopefully recovered, she'd sure get more public sympathy.

On the other hand, if this was all made up and she was my client, I would have her leaving the hospital in a wheelchair (as we probably expected), and have her again remain out of sight incase the slightest thing gave her away. Then bring her back for the interview which would possibly revive her "career", either way Max isn't being very clever, I do sometimes wonder if he does it on purpose.

Also I have to argue that I bet over half of these so called interviews or quotes are made up anyway and not necessarily from her mouth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What? Her not spending time with her kids? Yes, in the paper, magazines, on forums, blogs. Many people are really disgusted about it of course. Same as when she was trying to convince the public to buy her stuff after the racist accusations, she was told on live TV to go and see her boys, but argued she couldn't because her house wasn't safe. Any excuse it seems to not see them. It is very very sad. In my opinion, it is one of the worst things about her.

Caprice you take the argument to another level bringing her children into it. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jade is not a good mother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gertie wrote: »
    Caprice you take the argument to another level bringing her children into it. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jade is not a good mother.

There is absolitely no evidence to show she is ill either lol!

I think she is a TERRIBLE mother - a bad example, she leaves them for months, she admits to lying to them, says she is going to tell them she used a wrong shampoo if her hair falls out. :eek: I am disgusted with how she brings up her children.

*going off to go shopping and a manicure now - I don't have kids to look after so I can do what I like lol!*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you should judge her on being a mum considering you don't know her or the little ones thats very low.

Where is your evidence of all of that? Daily star? Now magazine? It's all bullshit...

Those children are gorgeous, they are healthy they are happy, I think she is a good mum, They are hardly neglected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you should judge her on being a mum considering you don't know her or the little ones thats very low.

Where is your evidence of all of that? Daily star? Now magazine? It's all bullshit...

Those children are gorgeous, they are healthy they are happy, I think she is a good mum, They are hardly neglected.

She uses her kids for cash so her motherhood is fair game. She shoves them in the public eye and everything! Their pictures are in the papers, not blanked out - she has been paid for those pictures. She did OK house spreads etc and sold pictures of them. Sold her own children.

Oh well, we'll agree to differ. You think what you think, I think she is a disgusting mother who thinks more about getting her face ion the paper than her kids or their wellbeing... they will have been told at school about her supposed cancer and impending death because she won't tell them. Poor, poor mites. :(:cry:

This is typical Clifford PR though - look at Kerry! Kerry and Goody could not do it though, but they don't. The lure of the money is too much...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she is a TERRIBLE mother - a bad example, she leaves them for months, she admits to lying to them, says she is going to tell them she used a wrong shampoo if her hair falls out. :eek: I am disgusted with how she brings up her children.

*going off to go shopping and a manicure now - I don't have kids to look after so I can do what I like lol!*

Funny how you believe this kind of stuff in the newspapers and not the stuff about Jades cancer.
  • Options
    Forum Member

When you have children of your own you might think differently.:p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gertie wrote: »
    When you have children of your own you might think differently.:p;)

I don't think I will lie to them when I do. :D Or sell them. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronnie666 wrote: »
    Funny how you believe this kind of stuff in the newspapers and not the stuff about Jades cancer.

Funny how some believe Jade's cancer but not this other kind of stuff in the newspapers...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how some believe Jade's cancer but not this other kind of stuff in the newspapers...:rolleyes:

Never said I believe her :rolleyes:. I don't read The Sun/Mirror/News Of the World/Heat (well thats a lie read it once in an airport). For me all these types of "stories" should be taken with a pinch of salt but who is to say she has or hasn't got cancer.
This discussion has been closed.