Options

Sarah Silverman Heckled

LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,782
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think I must be getting old, I've been watching this series of 8 out of 10 cats and not had a clue who most of the comedians are, the latest one being Sarah Silverman.

She didn't make me laugh and she didn't take kindly to Sean Lock's comment that she should expect to be heckled for her jokes.

Well it turns out at her first show in the UK she was heckled big time for putting in a lack luster performance of just 40mins to punters paying upto £50 a ticket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7680076.stm

Comments

• Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was only really heckled once or twice. The main problem with the show was everything bar her set.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a great comedian. Shame she got heckled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say never heard of her...until I saw her on the Ross show on Friday. She didn't seem very "funny" on that show either but of course young Johnnie thought she was the perfect guest ?

Mind you once I saw her...I remembered she was once in an episode of Monk....and very good she was too !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very funny, but I can see why the audience would be miffed after 40 minutes of performance for having paid so much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll admit I'm a big Sarah fan, been following her work for a couple of years now, but I can see why people would have been annoyed at getting such a small amount of Sarah for so much money.

She's certainly got more in the material bank than 45 minutes, even if she did opt against working in her songs, so it's a shame she didn't manage to put in more for the show. Might have been nice to see her bring "Jesus is Magic" over here for another performance to help promote the region 2 release of the DVD, would also have been a good indicator to new audiences of where she's at now with her material.

Anyway, I'm sure this is only a blip. I never really thought she'd have the same kind of impact over here as she has in the states, but good luck to her all the same. I don't think her appearance on JR was too great to be honest, but I often feel that's as much JR's fault as his guests, but I have to say I think she did a much better job on 8 out of 10 Cats - (speaking of which, I've noticed it before but what the heck is up with that ridiculous Jimmy Carr laughter).
  • Options
    cruel_heartlesscruel_heartless Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for her, she's quite funny. Though what does she honestly expect when she charges fifty pounds for forty minutes. Greedy, greedy girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Silverman is NOT FUNNY.

I don't understand how she has a career as a comedian. She owes her whole career to her publicist.
  • Options
    Dave May CryDave May Cry Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. Shes crap.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must be the most over hyped comedian around at the moment. I remember that awful performance she gave at the 2006 Secret Policman's Ball and now we've had this one as well. If she wasn't attractive she would be seen for what she is, just another mediocre comedian using "outrageous" material to cover up for the lack of real jokes.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I quite like her in small doses and youtube clips but I'm never impressed when seeing her in interviews. Haven't seen her show so can't comment on that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    One joke, we get it your a jew now go think of something funny to say
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really "get" her humour. She doesn't interest me in the least and was an awful guest on Jonathan Ross.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £50 to watch Sarah Silverman? :eek: It's moments like these when I realise how insane some people are.

Silverman is a poor man's Joan Rivers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    I don't think she is very funny at all, she presented some kind of mtv awards show a while back and I thought she was dreadful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Silverman is NOT FUNNY.

Is the right answer.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get her, although I'm told that she is good at what she does. I think I just don't like that quirky Lake Woebegone type of humour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what i've seen so far I haven't found her funny anyway. £50??? She definately is a joker, more fool the people willing to pay that, they we're setting themselves up for dissapointment from the start. B!tch dissed britney at the VMAS kicking her when she's down. I hope this takes her town a peg or 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched her show on Paramount and, though I found it mindly amusing, I had expected to split my sides with laughter.

She's not really original, just Joan Rivers with a different delivery. And Joan is far funnier.
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Different delivery, style and material surely; there's not much similarity in her work and that of Joan Rivers.

They both are Jewish and have vaginas, but then you could link Chris Rock and Richard Blackwood with similar traits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...have vaginas, but then you could link Chris Rock and Richard Blackwood with similar traits.

Interestingly, I would indeed liken both of those to a certain part of the female anatomy...
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Drums wrote: »
    Interestingly, I would indeed liken both of those to a certain part of the female anatomy...

hahahahahaha:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a great comedian. Shame she got heckled.

Forget the words to your own songs and you should expect to get heckled. Silly woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was awake VERY early this morning and caught one of her shows whilst channel hopping. I thought it was quite funny - the one involving "queefs" :-)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's nothing like Joan Rivers in her style, what I've seen of it anyway. I find her a bit funny but that's all. It's a personal thing humour.

If all she did was 40 minutes and that was the whole show you can understand why people would be upset!

I think the minimum price was £45 so I imagine the whole thing made about £200k, of course some of that would be theatre hire and staff but it's still a nice sum.
  • Options
    Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was awake VERY early this morning and caught one of her shows whilst channel hopping. I thought it was quite funny - the one involving "queefs" :-)

I watched that one on Paramount a few weeks back and thought it was really funny - I liked the way she burst into song so randomnly.

Still, I would have heckled her if I'd paid £50 for just 40 mins stand up. :eek: