Options

What's Your Cure or Relief for a Common Cold?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    About 8 pints of beer usually does the trick. You forget about the cold for a few hours then the next day focus more on the hangover, usually once that's over the worst of the cold is over anyway.
  • Options
    Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I hate taking medicines. Just paracetomol in the day. To get some sleep at night I use Otrivine nose drops from Asda or chemist. They clear the nose all night. I can put up with a stuffy nose in the day.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteUK wrote: »
    The problem with taking very high levels of vitamin C though (over 1000mg a day) is that it can lead to diarrhoea.

For sure, and it's through this that you find your acceptance of it. Too much personally (and everyone has a different level). My b/f can tolerate 4,000 mg a day whereas I can only tolerate 1,000. If you get diarrhoea, you lower the dosage until you get a dosage you can handle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 8 pints of beer usually does the trick. You forget about the cold for a few hours then the next day focus more on the hangover, usually once that's over the worst of the cold is over anyway.

Lol jimmy. You do have a point. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uniflu.... but I can't take it anymore :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Lots of rest - if you can!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Is it feed a cold and starve a fever or feed a fever and starve a cold?

Feed a cold unfortunatly, bloody always happens when i'm dieting, i'm all fine and dandy one minute losing the pounds then get a cold and back to square one.
    I wanna be struck down with a fever, one where i'm so delerious i'm out with the fairies for days on end, sweating the weight off:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Nurse. Only just been put on the stuff this cold - swear by it though, it really knocks me out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good vindaloo always seems to have amazing results for me! :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I usually just take paracetamol or something but I find going out for a walk helps. The fresh air seems to clear my head.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    There's definately no cure, but hot toddies and curries help!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beachhams all in one tablets are brilliant they really helped me with my last cold!