Options

Foxsat-HDR - best deals and availability thread (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    cybrookcybrook Posts: 1,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All what cables? - is it any different to any other boxes?.

I knew someone would pick me up on 'cables' and NOT
    'connecting leads'.

~~~~~~~
    Connecting leads and controls including HDMI cable, scart cable, and remote control
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I have made enquiries about this box some (more expert than I) have said that we would probably need to supply the HDMI lead. If I remember correctly.. someone posted on DS and actually included some links to obtain good prices on these leads.

I am not an expert only a Hummy fan. Please dont shoot me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian-d wrote: »
    Just to advise, receiving an email from the Humax team is one one, receiving it from the Humax distribution chain is another. Up until yesterday they were still suggesting distribution mid November. I'll see what the score is on Monday.
    ~

Thanks ian-d.:D
  • Options
    Mike000000001Mike000000001 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    bampsam wrote: »
    To be fair to Comet at the Riverside retail park at Northampton on the day the Humax Foxsat was launched they not only had stock but were clued up regarding freesat. Hoping this will be the case for the launch day for the Humax HD PVR............:):)

Wow, Comet clued up! Bet that was a first! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Is anyone closer to having an in stock date yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Hi guys. I live in Cyprus and currently receive Sky via a 2.8 metre dish that pulls in most of the channels. Anyone know how the Humax freesat HDR is likely to perform in my neck of the woods?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilftelf wrote: »
    Hi guys. I live in Cyprus and currently receive Sky via a 2.8 metre dish that pulls in most of the channels. Anyone know how the Humax freesat HDR is likely to perform in my neck of the woods?

By sheer coincidence I found this thread earlier today it's about the foxsat-hd but I imagine the Foxsat-hdr will have a similer performance

http://astra2d.proboards31.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=922&page=1#5683
  • Options
    suffolktoonsuffolktoon Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cisco kid wrote: »
    Is anyone closer to having an in stock date yet?
    I've just popped in to my local store and they are saying mid December is the date that they've been given.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,616
    Forum Member
    I've just popped in to my local store and they are saying mid December is the date that they've been given.

Every one is going to be well pissed off if it's that late :D

Expectations are second half of November.
  • Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every one is going to be well pissed off if it's that late :D

Expectations are second half of November.

What year? :D:D:D
  • Options
    ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Distributors are being told very little by Humax unfortunately, they are certainly not keeping them up to date, but current indications are late November, so maybe a week or two later than expected.

From what I'm being told, most 'small' retailers are suggesting a 6 week delay on customers waiting...obviously didn't buy enough stock did they :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian-d wrote: »
    Distributors are being told very little by Humax unfortunately, they are certainly not keeping them up to date, but current indications are late November, so maybe a week or two later than expected.

From what I'm being told, most 'small' retailers are suggesting a 6 week delay on customers waiting...obviously didn't buy enough stock did they :D

When I read you post I panicked and have now ordered mine from LE Concepts. Great 'delayed until in stock' payment system.. Priced on line at 289.99 if the price goes down so does your payment...but if the price goes up you still pay 289.99 and no more.

They seem to have ordered masses in anticipation of huge demand...

I like their on line close shipping tracking system too.
    Ive come away feeling very secure that I will get one as soon as they get their first batch as they have ordered masses. Lets hope they get all they have ordered in a 1er.

Hope you all manage to get one when the time comes..:D
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxsat-HDR showing on JL website-they will email you when they have stock.
  • Options
    riggieriggie Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    As above, JL adds a 2 year guarantee but I think Humax offer that as standard.
    I have a question, would it be worth buying a motorised dish for the Humax HDR ?
    My Sky dish is ancient and it only has a 20mm o/d tube to mount a new LNB so I am going to replace it. Most LNB's look like they have a square mount now unless someone knows better? This dish must be more than 10 years old.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,616
    Forum Member
    riggie wrote: »

Historically Humax have given two year guarantees, but the Foxsat is only one year - presumably to the strict price constraints on Freesat equipment?.

I don't know if the PVR is going to be one or two years, and the JL mention may be a mistake?, at least one company has sold the Foxsat as having a two year guarantee (which means the company itself stands the second year).
  • Options
    macharemachare Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    riggie wrote: »
    I have a question, would it be worth buying a motorised dish for the Humax HDR ?
    Would you have two - one for each tuner?

IMHO a DiSEqC switching system for the main satellites is better. That way the box can record a BBC programmes whilst your are watching a French one - in theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybrook wrote: »
    When I read you post I panicked and have now ordered mine from LE Concepts. Great 'delayed until in stock' payment system.. Priced on line at 289.99 if the price goes down so does your payment...but if the price goes up you still pay 289.99 and no more.

I like their on line close shipping tracking system too.
    Ive come away feeling very secure that I will get one as soon as they get their first batch as they have ordered masses. Lets hope they get all they have ordered in a 1er.

Hope you all manage to get one when the time comes..:D

So what happened to the posted mail that swiftly followed and was showing under my mail above...:confused:

It stated that unless things had changed LE C had only ordered a few (or words to that extent) from the suppliers.

It really was a darn good bubble burster I tell you.
    Well done..

So did Digital spy removed it... ?
    Did someone from LE C spot it and complain?
    Did the writer think better of it and ask DSpy to delete it?

I supposed I should cancel my order now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange i saw that too but its not there now another post also vanished last night too on a 2 year old thread :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was said in a sarcastic way as a bit of fun :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    cybrook wrote: »

I spoke with them on Saturday, they said they are expecting 50 in towards the end of November with another 50 due in two weeks later........but they've already taken over 100 orders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alex mcnab wrote: »
    I spoke with them on Saturday, they said they are expecting 50 in towards the end of November with another 50 due in two weeks later........but they've already taken over 100 orders.

Its very difficult information to get to the bottom off..
    I spoke to them this morning and they say something slightly different. I was trying to ascertain my place in the line of those waiting and amount of machines they have ordered..also if their order would be spit in two.

I did not take my order out as they said it would mean me going to the bottom of the line again. I dont think anyone will get the true story..especially if one is edging towards cancelling a card payment.

Im going to cancel.:cry:
  • Options
    NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda surprised that none of the major retailers have anything online that can be pre-ordered yet, given the demand...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Snoods wrote: »
    I think £299 is a very fair price and they will still sell by the bucketloads, if it's £249...
    Given the dire economic climate with a deep recession expected next year, I would be surprised to see the PVR selling strongly at £300 for christmas.

It may be safer to wait to read the feedback on these new boxes before buying. I would wish to avoid the risk of family stress/tension over christmas of having a box that could display problems with HDMI, etc.

Bob_Cat did say that HUMAX are expecting the PVR to amount to only 10% of their Freesat box sales. So they are still expecting the non-PVR box to sell strongly but I doubt they can continue to sustain the £149 price.
  • Options
    zetorzetor Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I don't think I have read anyone mentioning buying from the Humax Online Store, there isn't a mention of the HDR yet but has anyone bought a Foxsat-HD from them and how quick after release did they get it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    "but I doubt they can continue to sustain the £149 price"

Most places are discounting, you are a bit of a fool if you pay £149
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    If they're wholesaling at about £250 then you can expect them to go for about £800 at Norfilms with their cashback offer.