Options

Israel/Palestine - who actually gives a damn anymore?

daniel hallidaydaniel halliday Posts: 863
Forum Member
✭✭
we were talking earlier and the oh said why should we care?, let them reduce each other to martyrs,neither side wants peace so just let them get on with it, now i thought that was an isolated opinion but i have heard similar sentiments from friends,family ect who feel that this countries problems are what is important, not the actions of two countries full of idiots who wish to cause WW3 and drag everyone into it,

sick of the overkill on the news also, i am more interested in hearing the scum who killed that kid in london have been locked up than something i don't even lose sleep over,

Comments

• Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you don't care that an entire civilian population has been literally starved by Israel (via the blockade of food and medicine into Gaza) ?

The fact that Gaza is the most crowded place on earth ?

The fact that over a 100 hundred women and children have been killed by Israeli missile strikes in the past 6 days ?

And the world is not doing anything to stop the war crimes being committed by the Israeli government ?

Do you really not care ?

:(
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we were talking earlier and the oh said why should we care?, let them reduce each other to martyrs,neither side wants peace so just let them get on with it, now i thought that was an isolated opinion but i have heard similar sentiments from friends,family ect who feel that this countries problems are what is important, not the actions of two countries full of idiots who wish to cause WW3 and drag everyone into it,

sick of the overkill on the news also, i am more interested in hearing the scum who killed that kid in london have been locked up than something i don't even lose sleep over,

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, are you SERIOUSLY more concerned about one guy who gets killed than, well, LOADS of people getting killed, just because they're further away?

"Overkill on the news". Yeah, because a bunch of people dying isn't actually all that interesting, is it? Come on. Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand being a bit naughty on the radio? Now, THAT was "overkill on the news". FFS.
  • Options
    subversivesubversive Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000, most people don't actually care what happens to anyone, unless there is something in it for them. We live in a capitalist society, where everything is done with "whats in it for me" agenda.

fact is that most people who are comfortable with their lives, simply do not care about africans dying, palestinians dying..etc..as long as their TV works, thats enough.

The people don't realise their own collective power, they are letting a handful of people rule their lives, feed them what to eat, to watch, to even think what is right and wrong. Slave mentality.

So, no people don't care, not unless its one of their own who has been killed..etc. This is the way the system wants it, the way it runs, divide and rule. Thats why the Muslim nations have been spilt and pitted against each other, so that they don't unite as a collective and continue fighting because they are not Muslims, they are Sunnis, Shias, Arabs, Afghanistani's, Pakistani's..etc.

The Media is playing a big role in this, too much of everything is bad, even bad news, they know people will get tired and eventually forget about it, which they do.

David Kelly was murdered by the government and then made to look like he topped himself, even his own wife was blind to this (from what I read in the papers, it is the truth).

We are all being taken for a ride, innocent people are being killed, sadly nothing will be done about it, why? because we are not working as a collective.

Well, Hey Hey Hey, its a New Year, a New Start, so lets forget about everything, get drunk out of our brains and start the New Year with a Big BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year, Jesus is 2009 years old now....wow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    So you don't care that an entire civilian population has been literally starved by Israel (via the blockade of food and medicine into Gaza) ?

The fact that over a 100 hundred women and children have been killed by Israeli missile strikes in the past 6 days ?

And the world is not doing anything to stop the war crimes being committed by the Israeli government ?

Do you really not care ?

stoatie wrote: »
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, are you SERIOUSLY more concerned about one guy who gets killed than, well, LOADS of people getting killed, just because they're further away?

"Overkill on the news". Yeah, because a bunch of people dying isn't actually all that interesting, is it? Come on. Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand being a bit naughty on the radio? Now, THAT was "overkill on the news". FFS.

its not my problem to be honest as i'm sure there are many others who would agree, what i'm worried about though is rising crime,the economy and if i'm going to still have a job so i can pay my bills, and may i add i WAS referring to the little child who has died at the GOSH which may be attributed to his parents not some random smackhead, yes i don't care about it all because it does not affect me, let them kick the shit out of each other, there will NEVER be peace in that part of the middle east,

jews hate arabs and vice versa, nothing will change the status quo,
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah .ive said a few bits about this stuff .but its like grounhog day and i think people are just tired of hearin about this .and now im ignorin it all and switchin it off if its on the news ..
  • Options
    etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    I understand the weariness with the coverage: The refusal of either side to take any responsibility for its actions while flinging all the blame at the other side. The refusal to think of long term solutions. The continuation of old strategies which have been tried and failed year in and year out. I don't want to hear excuses so I turn off the news when the "spokespeople" come on.

That said, I do care. Not about the morons in charge if this fiasco, they can all go hang as far as I am concerned, but I do care about the people who are used as pawns in this stupid, never-ending game which nobody ever wins.

The people of Gaza have enough difficulty with having a gang of thugs as a "government" without being bombed as well. They are blockaded by their "friends" as much as their enemies. It is all very well for Israel to point out that a missile was illegally launched from a site but does anybody think that the Hamas "government" asks the poor sod who owns the site before they use it. And, of course, they will be long gone before the retaliation.

There has never been a war won solely with missiles or bombs. Neither side is going to get anywhere. They are all idiots. I care about the victims, but I am not going to listen to their leaders' pathetic excuses. I'll just chuck a few quid towards the reputable aid agencies and hope that it does a little bit of good.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit rich when your own country has no problem invading Iraq and Afghanistan causing misery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Bit rich when your own country has no problem invading Iraq and Afghanistan causing misery.

how is it a bit rich, we never got a say in the invasions of iraq/afghanistan, tony blair wanted a war,he wanted dead heros or as he put it a blooding, he got what he wanted and made us a target for every walking terrorist scumbag, most in the uk including i believe the military never wanted to go to war,

let israe;/palestine fight it out, who cares, certainly not i, as another posters said its like groundhog day,
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed /\ /\ /\ /\ :)
  • Options
    tiggertinytiggertiny Posts: 5,361
    Forum Member

Do you really not care ?

The Palestinians voted for Hamas, a terrorist organisation, so they knew what they were getting. No use moaning when Hamas do as they say they will and no use complaining when the Israelis decide to give them hell.

They were cheering and dancing in the streets then they aren't now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggertiny wrote: »
    The Palestinians voted for Hamas, a terrorist organisation, so they knew what they were getting. No use moaning when Hamas do as they say they will and no use complaining when the Israelis decide to give them hell.

They were cheering and dancing in the streets then they aren't now!

You could also argue that they were given elections to make a choice, they made their choice but the choice was taken away from them as their opportunity to gain a "voice" was removed. So much for democracy eh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care, as do many, many people.

There will be a national demonstration in London tomorrow, Saturday, January 3rd, assembling 12.30 pm Embankment

Here are more details:

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember a similar disinterest during the troubles in Northern Ireland.
    misawa97 wrote: »

Despite huge protests, don't blame the people of this country for what the political classes do. Since when have governments listened to peoples opinions away from election time?
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ameri wrote: »

There will be a national demonstration in London tomorrow, Saturday, January 3rd, assembling 12.30 pm Embankment

Here are more details:

You must be desperate if you're trying to recruit digital spy members. Haven't you hired enough rentamob already ?
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care and my family care as do many others I know.

But as with the rest of life there will always be some who care and some who don't.

Whether it's happening here or there isn't relevant anymore - so many things are connected up in this world that everything no matter how remote or insignificant can always be found to be relevant in some sort of way.

They certainly don't all want to blow each other to smithereens - you do know how many millions of people live in that region? It's not as if they all have the same mentality, line of thinking. They are just as we are, various attitudes, levels of moderation, warmongering and those striving for peace.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care that they're still fighting, but I've got no idea what the answer to the problem is. I'm absolutely sure that if the Palestinians got their own land, they'd STILL be sending rockets over to Israel because they hate it. I saw a guy being interviewed about the demos today, and every time he was asked a question that (a) might put Israel in a better light or (b) was related to what he thought should be done, he just ignored it, and that's the real problem. If no solution can be found, people will just start ignoring the problem because they feel no-one can do anything about it. The Palestinians have been screwed over by their fellow Arabs as well. The surrounding countries could easily have given asylum to every Palestinian - why haven't they done so, and why do they not help to solve the problem? Answer is simple - they would also love to see Israel go down the pan, and they regard the Palestinians as scum that they don't want in their own countries. So it suits the Arab world to peep between their fingers and make supportive noises, while doing absolutely nothing to help.

A very difficult situation - what is the great Tony Blair, as our Middle East Envoy, doing about it just now?
  • Options
    AVTalkAVTalk Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member

Do you really not care ?

How many people from Gaza have written to the UK government to request they urgently do something to stop the 22 murders from stabbings that took place in London alone during 2008?

Gaza is obviously your own personal little crusade, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to cry about it all day long.
  • Options
    aj_2000aj_2000 Posts: 2,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People couldn't care less anymore because its been going on for to long and all we can do is just sit and watch hoping some miracle will take place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are more details:

What do you idiots plan to do? What do you plan to acheive? You do realise that the general population think you're just a bunch of bored, hippy students who've read far too many books to see past your rose tinted glasses and actually live in the real world?
    You will not end war not matter how many flower-power protests you waste your time on. Use your mind, as I'm sure you have one in there somewhere, and try to put it to good use. If you're so passionate about democracy and peace, stand for MP or councillor. Two things will be achieved then;

You won't be a hypocrite, like you are now, by demonstrating in a supposedly modern, democratic nation,

You will see just how much people agree with you...

And finally, come to think of it, if you do win an election that way, you'll be able to actually start making a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Around a million people marched through the streets of London to protest at our own government going into Iraq.

What did that achieve? Absolutely f**k all.

Does anyone really think a few thousand people marching in London trying to tell the Israeli government what to do will have any effect on anything whatsoever?
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVTalk wrote: »
    Around a million people marched through the streets of London to protest at our own government going into Iraq.

What did that achieve? Absolutely f**k all.

No wonder it didn't work. One million out of a population of sixty million = shy under 2% of the UK population. Clearly 98% of the population had more important things to do that day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No wonder it didn't work. One million out of a population of sixty million = shy under 2% of the UK population. Clearly 98% of the population had more important things to do that day.

True, but it's more likely to work than a couple of thousand people in London having a moan at Israel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be desperate if you're trying to recruit digital spy members. Haven't you hired enough rentamob already ?
    What do you idiots plan to do? What do you plan to acheive? You do realise that the general population think you're just a bunch of bored, hippy students who've read far too many books to see past your rose tinted glasses and actually live in the real world?
    You will not end war not matter how many flower-power protests you waste your time on. Use your mind, as I'm sure you have one in there somewhere, and try to put it to good use. If you're so passionate about democracy and peace, stand for MP or councillor. Two things will be achieved then;

You won't be a hypocrite, like you are now, by demonstrating in a supposedly modern, democratic nation,

You will see just how much people agree with you...

And finally, come to think of it, if you do win an election that way, you'll be able to actually start making a difference.

How does insulting me help anybody?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does insulting me help anybody?

How does a bunch of rich-kid students screaming "outrage" outside Whitehall help anybody? Maybe me and Malice Cooper can strike one down for common sense and help the good people of London get a good night-sleep and a happy day free of disruption by getting you lot to stop your stupid hippy antics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there is lies the problem with much of the world, Apathy! People can turn on the television, see this incredible violence and just act as if "so what, it's not happening here." GOOD GOD, it's frightening isn't it?

How can you read this and not care???

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSLS69391620090102?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews