Options

Terry's 'Everyman' mask slipping

Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well that's twice tonight he's appeared a bit arrogant - talking about the thick people who vote in shows like this and earlier on the HL show when he was talking about global warming to Coolio and he wouldn't let him express an opinion.

I think he's a bit of an intellectual snob pretending to be down with the lads. He's a bit like Ulrika in that he thinks he's smarter than the rest and I think he dislikes it in her because he sees it in himself.

Comments

• Options
    Wicked FatherWicked Father Posts: 1,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is smarter than most of the uk - talk to the boyfriends/husbands/man down the pub about people who vote for reality shows and they'll say the same thing "Mugs the lot of ummmmm!"

If you feel he's pointed the finger at you... find a mirror.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was right.

It's fashionable to be stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is smarter than most of the uk - talk to the boyfriends/husbands/man down the pub about people who vote for reality shows and they'll say the same thing "Mugs the lot of ummmmm!"

I know who I am thanks very much. And I have voted on shows like this. I just find him a bit of a know all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I'll probably get hounded out of here for this, but he's only saying what a lot of people are thinking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majestyc wrote: »
    I'll probably get hounded out of here for this, but he's only saying what a lot of people are thinking.

Well I agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always feel honoured to be insulted by someone who hasn't quite got to grips with the grammar, syntax or punctuation of said insult.

Thank you Wicked Father; you have cheered up my evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwprg wrote: »
    I always feel honoured to be insulted by someone who hasn't quite got to grips with the grammar, syntax or punctuation of said insult.

Thank you Wicked Father; you have cheered up my evening.

Wow, whipping out the grammar card, you really must be struggling for a constructive reply. It's the message board equivalent of pissing your pants while babbling "but but but... I did press it!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pikachew wrote: »
    He was right.

It's fashionable to be stupid.

It is the wave of anti-intellectualism that is causing the steady decline of the UK. People are afraid to appear that they know more than their peers; this leads to people acting stupider and stupider until we all reach M.A.D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with him, most BB fans are idiots. Remember it is BB fans that keep Jade Goody in houses and cars therefore showing themselves to be completely brainless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, whipping out the grammar card, you really must be struggling for a constructive reply. It's the message board equivalent of pissing your pants while babbling "but but but... I did press it!"

Well, if you are going to claim fans who vote are mugs then I presume you are trying to be contentious, but if your contention is "people who vote are mugs" then I don't think that really is worthy of a great deal of insightful comeback.

Someone who is spending their time posting on DS about CBB yet says voting is for mugs is either saying their time is worth even less than a phone call and therefore cheaper to waste, or that their opinion means more here than in a vote which will actually be counted - neither of these are particularly sensible in my humble opinion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albowski wrote: »
    I agree with him, most BB fans are idiots. Remember it is BB fans that keep Jade Goody in houses and cars therefore showing themselves to be completely brainless.

LOL: you do know you are posting on a CBB thread about BB to other BB fans - can you spot a problem with your post?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL: you do know you are posting on a CBB thread about BB to other BB fans - can you spot a problem with your post?

Well spotted:D. I imagine most people thinking - he was talking about the thick ones, not me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you are going to claim fans who vote are mugs then I presume you are trying to be contentious, but if your contention is "people who vote are mugs" then I don't think that really is worthy of a great deal of insightful comeback.

Someone who is spending their time posting on DS about CBB yet says voting is for mugs is either saying their time is worth even less than a phone call and therefore cheaper to waste, or that their opinion means more here than in a vote which will actually be counted - neither are particularly sensible stances in my humble opinion?

Honestly - I can't even comprehend half of that, I'm off my face and somebody with me is telling me to wind people up, but statistically half of the population are below average intelligence and there's a 50/50 chance you're one of them. I'm not being nasty, I'm just quoting figures. Much love!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's right - it's the 'Heat' generation and plebs who worship at the altar of Goody etc. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilitu wrote: »
    He's right - it's the 'Heat' generation and plebs who worship at the altar of Goody etc. :D

Oh you mean the other ones then - not us intellectuals on DS ;)
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone who is spending their time posting on DS about CBB yet says voting is for mugs is either saying their time is worth even less than a phone call and therefore cheaper to waste, or that their opinion means more here than in a vote which will actually be counted - neither of these are particularly sensible in my humble opinion?
    No, sorry, your logic's mucked up there, unless you think people who vote don't watch the programme or spend time on forums! It's more likely that people who vote spend more time on forums too, so they're wasting their time AND their money, whereas those of us who don't vote are only wasting their time. (Or their work's time ;))

Your opinion here means very little less than a vote, too, especially if you're voting against the Endemol chosen one. (Unless it's Nikki, which I think was the last time I voted :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly - I can't even comprehend half of that, I'm off my face and somebody with me is telling me to wind people up, but statistically half of the population are below average intelligence and there's a 50/50 chance you're one of them. I'm not being nasty, I'm just quoting figures. Much love!

LOL - statistically 50% of the population are not below the average intelligence: a large proportion will be averagely intelligent, and a small minority will be above, and a small minority below, the average. Statistically it is likely I am in the great mass in the middle of the averagely intelligent people, like and your mate (statistically) will also be.

But thank you for your reply, it puts things in context and makes the content of your posts more understandable.
  • Options
    NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member

He's smarter than the other HMs too. He has noticed that Ulrika isn't being evicted by the GBP. He doesn't nominate her or join in with the insults.
  • Options
    godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member

lmao:D:D
    yes the grammar argument(and this person criticizes terry for calling us thick) well good for you they had to try to provide you with a proper reply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL - statistically 50% of the population are not below the average intelligence: a large proportion will be averagely intelligent, and a small minority will be above, and a small minority below, the average. Statistically it is likely I am in the great mass in the middle of the averagely intelligent people, like and your mate (statistically) will also be.

But thank you for your reply, it puts things in context and makes the content of your posts more understandable.
    *boggles slightly*

That's an interesting view of statistics you have there!
  • Options
    NotawordNotaword Posts: 10,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Terry selling his integrity for a purse of gold, dressing up in silly outfits, having to eat chilli's etc just so that he can endear himself to the thick dumb voters so that he can hold on to his equity card?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    *boggles slightly*

That's an interesting view of statistics you have there!

Well isn't the accepted wisdom that arround 68% of the population come within one standard deviation of the mean, and 95% within two standard deviations - or perhaps I am wrong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notaword wrote: »
    What about Terry selling his integrity for a purse of gold, dressing up in silly outfits, having to eat chilli's etc just so that he can endear himself to the thick dumb voters so that he can hold on to his equity card?

Well that argument says that at the end of the day he end up with the upper hand over the people that have voted. Think it over love, come back and I'll mark you again, currently a C for effort and a B cos you've got nice baps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well isn't the accepted wisdom that arround 68% of the population come within one standard deviation of the mean, and 95% within two standard deviations - or perhaps I am wrong?
    Yes, but I've never seen "average" defined as "within two standard deviations of the mean" - in fact, the average is a single number, usually the mean, median or mode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you mean the other ones then - not us intellectuals on DS ;)

Naturally :D