• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i totally agree with that
  • Options
    freddyboy35freddyboy35 Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I just shuddered when I saw the way Nathan looked at Rory-I could tell right away what was coming. Completely out of character for Rory to suddenly have a taste for men and not exactly close to a real life situation. Straight men dont just suddenly turn gay because a gay guy takes an interest in them-its putting a bad message over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just shuddered when I saw the way Nathan looked at Rory-I could tell right away what was coming. Completely out of character for Rory to suddenly have a taste for men and not exactly close to a real life situation. Straight men dont just suddenly turn gay because a gay guy takes an interest in them-its putting a bad message over.

Could just be progression of character to realise he is bi-sexual.
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anybody tell me the name of the young asian guy who was in RC and I think he was the Doctors brother. It was the female doctor who replaced her brother who committed suicide. Just need to know the name or a link to any pictures of the young lads face as he took a shine to my daughter last night lol. She just wants to know if he's the real thing before she gives him her number.

Thanks.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the only one who doesn't really like Rory. Where are people getting the impression he has any good acting in him? He's been pretty hammy since he joined and never really shown any signs of anything better, in fact I'd actually place him below Amber now in terms of Murdoch family acting. I can see this developing and ending with Lenny kicking him out ashamed of him. I also think that after last weeks warning from the psychic, we're going to see Lenny at his very worst for a while, he's being tough on Ewan, Lydia and Danny obviously have history which I'm sure will be unearthed and make him treat Lydia badly, kicking out Rory, probably some drama with Amber and within 6 months or so, we'll see him either turn over a new leaf or meet a grizzly end.

The Malcolm stuff was weird, I was almost certain it was to be revealed that the grieving son was infact Malcolms son opening up plenty of storylines with the Rossi's. But instead it was an absolute nothing storyline which went nowhere and meant nothing. (Well it did mean that at least we won't have another storyline with Gina which probably would have ended with her falling in love with her half brother and ignoring the advice of anyone around her who cares) I wonder if this will be touched upon again or if it really was just a waste of a quarter of the show.

Liked the journalist, was hoping she would actually be joining, I'd happily take her over Sammi or whatever CaptainTitanic's wife is called. At least she had some charm about her, unlike the other three noobs.

Still not liking the newbies, its been a few episodes now and Danny is still struggling to pass the 10 words a minute mark and is further proving why he's gone from Biggest Film Ever to River City.

Is anyone else picking up signals between Nicky and Bob? I'm almost certain they will end up together, another spanner in the works this week coming before they are finally united.
  • Options
    davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Hi RCrules
    I can't agree and can agree re David Paisley. First I think he is a great actor and has shown this in other things he has been in ,namely Tinsel Town and the short film Sweat (2008). What I agree is that his part in RC is lousy and has never allowed him to shine in anyway at all. He has been constantly sidelined by the producers, and they should be ashamed of wasting the time of a good actor. No wonder he has left. and it is their loss.
    Do agree the Malcolm thing was lousy. and I am giving the newcomers the benefit of the doubt just now.
    You may be right about Bob/Nikki !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUT, I am still sorry to see David Paisley going !!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think RC are to blame for the stupid storylines they have given David hes never really been given a chance to shine or get his teeth into something gritty probs hence whey the actor is leaving (my assumption please note)

Didnt like the journalist thought she was ham

didnt get the whole malcolm stuff either very weird
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Heather is back from Oz I saw her out shopping the other day. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh did you shout hi and when are you coming back lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No she looked like she was a wummin on a mission who would have punched anyone in her road - seriously lol. :D
  • Options
    davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Oh so she is the don't speak to me type !!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lila wrote: »
    No she looked like she was a wummin on a mission who would have punched anyone in her road - seriously lol. :D

mmmm sounds like shes a right honey maybe shes heard lenny wants to know whats going on and she was gonna go and get him ;)
  • Options
    BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone get a lesbian vibe from Sammi and Marianne? Maybe it's just the great chemistry but everytime I see them on screen they just seem to come across as lovers. In-fact when I first saw them together, I thought they were a lesbian couple. Anyone else pick up on this?
  • Options
    no1droogieno1droogie Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MMM Nicky is nice.Lying down there, dirty, hair a mess lol.yum yum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know whats actually happening with Heather (I've not watched tonight yet cos I;m in library) is she actually gone forever or will she return to relaunch versus?

I hope she does, she's such a great character and i think its testament to the writers/actress that she's stayed so interesting and brilliant despite not really having any ties to the show other than her bar.

Plus her court case when Jo stood up and confessed to Marcus's Murder is my all time favourite soap court case ever and I doubt it will ever be bettered.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Heather and miss her. Not so sure about the new family in this. Can't say I'm very struck on them.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Why since the new year have we had random new characters turn up and take focus in the episodes? It happens again next week. It's really strange.

Heather better come back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigDuck wrote: »
    Does anyone get a lesbian vibe from Sammi and Marianne? Maybe it's just the great chemistry but everytime I see them on screen they just seem to come across as lovers. In-fact when I first saw them together, I thought they were a lesbian couple. Anyone else pick up on this?

Totally get what you mean and so did I. Like something had happened but neither could talk about it. Espec when Marrianne had a go at Sammi's fiancee over the poss of hurting her.

On the Malcom thing I think this one will run with that bloke being Malcolms son and he knows cos he read the letter but refused to believe out of hurting Gina and Eileen. I think thye are lining upa new Archie character as in foil for Malcom and Liz who couldn'tposs just have a decent relationship/jigsaw. This from a bbc player watching viewer in Essex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TBH I think Heather looked like she was in a hurry and she couldn't find what she was looking for hence why she looked crabbit plus everyone was stopping in her wake goin 'There's that lassie fae River City' :D:D

I'm about half way through tonights ep just now but i'm sorry it's going back the way with the acting. That opening scene was bloody awful and since it came up to such a good standard for a long time there its not even funny anymore like it used to be.
  • Options
    cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, last night's episode was rubbish. I'm getting sick of these paper-thin, random characters wandering into Shieldinch. Do the writers really expect us to care about them?

Daniel McKee is absolute ham. His voice is always in monotone and I just don't like him. I think River City is going to follow this formula from now on -

Random waif and stray enters Shieldinch.
    Daniel tries to show them the error of their ways.Lenny tries to coax them into a criminal life.
    Tiresome stand-off between Daniel and Lenny.
    Lame climax where said waif and stray remains in Shieldinch. :yawn:

I'm also annoyed that established, well-concieved stalwarts of the show are being sidelined into cliched and tedious storylines about poker games and pointless blasts from the past. I think I'll wait a few more weeks to see if River City improves... But I think I'll be switching off soon because I hate to see what was one of the best soaps on television being systematically destroyed. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on the BBc site, that isn't Sullivan from Dream Team trying to get with Ruth is it?

Two people from Dream Team in the show at the same time? Its like Hollyoaks!
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally get what you mean and so did I. Like something had happened but neither could talk about it. Espec when Marrianne had a go at Sammi's fiancee over the poss of hurting her.

On the Malcom thing I think this one will run with that bloke being Malcolms son and he knows cos he read the letter but refused to believe out of hurting Gina and Eileen. I think thye are lining upa new Archie character as in foil for Malcom and Liz who couldn'tposs just have a decent relationship/jigsaw. This from a bbc player watching viewer in Essex.
    Dont see how that bloke could have been Malcolm,s son, as it was mentioned his mother was Malcolm,s first girlfriend before he met his wife Rose, so that would mean the guy would have to be older than Gina and Eileen and would be in his 50,s. Wouldn,t say he was that age. Also, is anyone else fed up with all this gangster stuff, and these new characters every week. Feel the old characters are being sidelined, and just given pointless storylines now , just to give them something to do, such as the poker rubbish last night, and Malcom,s letters last week.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys and Gals, maybe its just me but I have noticed that there is verry little River City threads on here, I am new here and was looking for info on River City, like where is it actually filmed? We should make this thread the sole River City fanbase thread and we (the whole 8 of us) (surely there cant be more fans than that) can discuss the soap in here
    What has happened to this soap? They have new producers ok, but now we are subjected to background music and the actors seem to have forgotten how to act, has anyone else noticed a drop?
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj86 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, last night's episode was rubbish. I'm getting sick of these paper-thin, random characters wandering into Shieldinch. Do the writers really expect us to care about them?

Daniel McKee is absolute ham. His voice is always in monotone and I just don't like him. I think River City is going to follow this formula from now on -

Random waif and stray enters Shieldinch.
    Daniel tries to show them the error of their ways.Lenny tries to coax them into a criminal life.
    Tiresome stand-off between Daniel and Lenny.
    Lame climax where said waif and stray remains in Shieldinch. :yawn:

I'm also annoyed that established, well-concieved stalwarts of the show are being sidelined into cliched and tedious storylines about poker games and pointless blasts from the past. I think I'll wait a few more weeks to see if River City improves... But I think I'll be switching off soon because I hate to see what was one of the best soaps on television being systematically destroyed. :mad:
    Totally agree, never used to miss it but now cannot be bothered.
This discussion has been closed.