[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Do you think popularity helps or not??

John Liapes
    John j Liapes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I haven't got very much time for any of them to be honest.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand any of them but Jordan is definitely the worst. She is hard as nails with cold dead eyes like a praying mantis. She is selfish, nasty and completely devoid of any talent. It is worrying that any young girl would want to emulate her.

Jade and Kerry are both awful aswell but you can feel a degree of sympathy for them as they both came from dysfunctional families and are the products of a bad environment and complete lack of education.
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they must have her fans, esp Jordan who has put her name to so many products - I'm guessing the vast majority are chavs who do not aspire to anything better.

They are so downmarket that it fits in with OK's image, which has been in the gutter for years. Hard to believe it used to have proper celebs in it and respectful interviews...
  • Options
    davidc1davidc1 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yurohi wrote: »
    Do you think popularity helps or not??

John Liapes
    John j Liapes

Eh :confused:
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we can now add Lily Allen to the list after being bombarded with her BS for the last month or so.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having caught her MTV shows repeated, I actually like Kerry! :)

Cant stand the vile and disgusting Jordan and the disturbed Jade, though! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Kerry is treated as a panto villain by the press and Jade was too before she became ill. Jordan is in a different league. Think of her what you will but she has achieved success in her own right, which is more than can be said for Jade or Kerry who are just leeches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skhwoody wrote: »
    Personally cannot stand any one of them...... vacuous people with utter desperation at clinging to fame in any way possible...... i mean Jordan has got to the point where she is telling you the colour of her poo just for a headline in hello.....

Exactly. Who on earth makes tabloids and trash mags think the public like them and want to know all the sordid over exaggerated mess in their petty lives.?Some huge amount of females have to buying into it all for them to be paid so much money for so little....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kameko wrote: »
    Kerry is treated as a panto villain by the press and Jade was too before she became ill. Jordan is in a different league. Think of her what you will but she has achieved success in her own right, which is more than can be said for Jade or Kerry who are just leeches.

They all got where they are in their own right, and are all leeches.

Jordan is no different.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote: »
    Exactly. Who on earth makes tabloids and trash mags think the public like them and want to know all the sordid over exaggerated mess in their petty lives.?Some huge amount of females have to buying into it all for them to be paid so much money for so little....

I think that`s the saddest thing :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kameko wrote: »

'Katie Price' has become a successful brand. It seems to have very little to do with the person with that name - she never even pretends to have anything but the most peripheral input into anything with her name on. Nice 'work' if you can get it. I doubt whether the little girls who love the pony books have any concept at all of the coarse creature who will happily talk about the exact shape of her vagina for magazine interviews. She must have a good manager, I will say that.

Peter Andre always sounds a sweet man btw; there is something genuinely touching about his incurable belief that he has been amazingly lucky in landing this gorgeous woman, when to the rest of us she is beginning to look like a raddled old trout.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the real reason I dislike Jordan more than Jade and Kerry is because she makes them seem like amateurs in the media whoring stakes.

Why would someone want to buy a perfume with her name on? did she put together the fragrance? did she write any of the pony books? Did she even write her own autobiography? Can she string together a coherant sentence herself? I think we all know the answer to that. Did she design the lingerie or whatever else it is she sells? Why would anyone want to buy these fake products all designed/written by someone else just because her name is on it? I just can't get my head round it.

I have more respect for the working prostitutes on the street than I do for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Perhaps the real reason I dislike Jordan more than Jade and Kerry is because she makes them seem like amateurs in the media whoring stakes.

Why would someone want to buy a perfume with her name on? did she put together the fragrance? did she write any of the pony books? Did she even write her own autobiography? Can she string together a coherant sentence herself? I think we all know the answer to that. Did she design the lingerie or whatever else it is she sells? Why would anyone want to buy these fake products all designed/written by someone else just because her name is on it? I just can't get my head round it.

I have more respect for the working prostitutes on the street than I do for her.

I don;t get it either - if I see her name on something it would put me off buying it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    ...make me feel embarrassed to be British :(
  • Options
    davidc1davidc1 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summerain wrote: »
    ...make me feel embarrassed to be British :(

Probably why you live in Australia eh;)
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Why do I like Jordan?

I find her interesting. She's far more honest than I would ever be about things that are often contrary to her own interest and thoroughly embarrassing. On things like her post natal depression, and relationship with Junior, I think it's been genuinely valuable. It's helped me to better understand my mother, and the way she treated me compared to other siblings. I also found a lot of what she had to say in her books about her relationship with men interesting. I think a lot of women would empathise - I certainly do.

Am I like her otherwise. No. She has a thoroughly coarse and vulgar sense of humour, that I don't share, and her constant need to shock can be irritating. She should also cut back on the surgery imo - she's naturally beautiful. The media constantly picking out the worst possible photographs of her actually works in her favour because when people see her in the jungle, or on her and Peter's show, they're amazed at how good she looks.

She does and says lots of things that I don't agree with, but she comes across to me as fearless and not at all self pitying, which I like. I also think she's got a good sense of humour - she can be genuinely funny - and she's a very good business woman. Those who insist that her success is down to her management seem to overlook the fact that she's changed her management fairly frequently to ensure that she gets the best deal. She makes some good choices, imo, including marrying Peter.

I buy her books, and other stuff that she puts her name to that I like and I'll continue to do so, regardless of how many times people call me a chav or an ignoramous or whatever. Who cares what they think. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Why do I like Jordan?

I find her interesting. She's far more honest than I would ever be about things that are often contrary to her own interest and thoroughly embarrassing. On things like her post natal depression, and relationship with Junior, I think it's been genuinely valuable. It's helped me to better understand my mother, and the way she treated me compared to other siblings. I also found a lot of what she had to say in her books about her relationship with men interesting. I think a lot of women would empathise - I certainly do.

Am I like her otherwise. No. She has a thoroughly coarse and vulgar sense of humour, that I don't share, and her constant need to shock can be irritating. She should also cut back on the surgery imo - she's naturally beautiful. The media constantly picking out the worst possible photographs of her actually works in her favour because when people see her in the jungle, or on her and Peter's show, they're amazed at how good she looks.

She does and says lots of things that I don't agree with, but she comes across to me as fearless and not at all self pitying, which I like. I also think she's got a good sense of humour - she can be genuinely funny - and she's a very good business woman. Those who insist that her success is down to her management seem to overlook the fact that she's changed her management fairly frequently to ensure that she gets the best deal. She makes some good choices, imo, including marrying Peter.

I buy her books, and other stuff that she puts her name to that I like and I'll continue to do so, regardless of how many times people call me a chav or an ignoramous or whatever. Who cares what they think. :sleep:

That's about the only part I can agree with, but at least you have explained why you like her. :D
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice 'work' if you can get it. I doubt whether the little girls who love the pony books have any concept at all of the coarse creature who will happily talk about the exact shape of her vagina for magazine interviews. She must have a good manager, I will say that.

I cannot imagine buying one of those books for my kids. Who would want to, knowing how vulgar the "writer" is... they are ghostwritten but I still don't agree with Katie Price being used to sell books to children, it stinks.

It's an awful shame that parents would buy these books, when is great children's literature out there by decent writers.
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    muppeteer wrote: »
    Well they must have her fans, esp Jordan who has put her name to so many products - I'm guessing the vast majority are chavs who do not aspire to anything better.

They are so downmarket that it fits in with OK's image, which has been in the gutter for years. Hard to believe it used to have proper celebs in it and respectful interviews...

As "ignorant" or offensive as it may sound to some people, that's exactly what I think too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Jordan's said she has quite a lot of imput where her perfumes and lingerie are concerned. As for anything else, I don't know, although it's common knowledge that she doesn't write her books. She can't be called an author.
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

I don't think it works like that.

I bought one of her bras because I liked the bra.

I know each of the aforementioned celebs have their fans but the majority of their "products" sell because that item will ultimately get more exposure.

You lot are probably going to disagree with me but if you wanted a pony book (and you had no grudge against Jordan/Jade/Kerry) and you tootled off to the shop you would probably buy the one "written" by Kate Price simply because you've heard about it and therefore have expectations about the book itself.

It's just the same as Nell McAndrew talking about digestive transit or Carol Vorderman endorsing that loan company or whatever it was.

As long as you have no ill feeling towards the celeb in question (which largely doesn't apply to any of us lol!) the coupling can be a very successful one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come some celebs' fans get slagged off on here? Just cos you like someone others don't, it doesn't mean you're a fruitcake or a chav or a cretin. That's just cheap calling the fans that and it's all starting to get on my bits now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we can now add Lily Allen to the list after being bombarded with her BS for the last month or so.

You might not like her but at least she has a talent in that she can sing and write pretty good lyrics. What talents have Kerry, Jade and Jordan between them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    You might not like her but at least she has a talent in that she can sing and write pretty good lyrics. What talents have Kerry, Jade and Jordan between them?

Oh Behave!!! We all know that Katona can sing - she was in a VERY successful girl band, so she can sing and can we remeber that KP (when she was Jordan) was just "pipped"
    at the post with her Eurovision Contest entry (forgot its title) with her pink plastic cat-suit, how dare you mock them and do not forget Jade Goody gave a BRILLIANT performance in Stars in Their Eyes. Nuff said!!!!!