Options

Judge Judy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching the latest Judge Judy.

Anyone else think she has been "under the knife"????

She has that surprised look!!

Comments

• Options
    Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »

She has an AWFUL lot of uplighting going on! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Judge Judy!

Anyone know what season it is we are seeing on ITV2 right now? We seem to be so far behind...everytime they mention dates during the trials it's usually 2001/2002 :eek:

I know it's still filming in the US and it's on season 13 right now over there, and there's a whopping 260 episodes per season apparently!

That's a lot of catching up to do! :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have so many repeats on ITV 2 I know the episodes off by heart. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the current shows on ITV2 are all new to us.

Up until a couple of months ago, I too knew the episodes of by heart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the current shows on ITV2 are all new to us.

Up until a couple of months ago, I too knew the episodes of by heart.

Yes I agree, I've not seen any of these currently showing. I think they must have started on a new season :)

They're still quoting dates from 2002 though, we must be miles behind :eek:
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,232
    Forum Member
    I too knew the reruns off by heart. I actually Sky+ JJ and when I was out in LA last year I tried to get tickets to a taping over in Burbank but they weren't recording at the time. I went to the Dr Phil show instead. :o:o

JJ is hard core and should be primetime tv. Funnier than a lot of so called comedies.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I thought too!

Botox I think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    charlie1 wrote: »
    That's what I thought too!

Botox I think?

The only reason I'd be surprised if she did have Botox is because, there was an episode I've seen quite a few times that was repeated just the other day, where a cosmetologist was suing a lady who wasn't actually a licensed Dr or plastic surgeon after a procedure went wrong and she was expected to pay.

JJ turns to Byrd and makes a sarcastic comment as she clarified that the procedure was basically injecting poison into lines and wrinkles to smooth them out. JJ wasn't impressed.

She also thinks tattoos are ridiculous along with body piercings or anything else where pain or permanence is involved.

I know too much...:eek:
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OBG I was about to say the same thing, she is a fan of surgery though - seem to remember she said years ago she would do what was needed when the time came.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    The only reason I'd be surprised if she did have Botox is because, there was an episode I've seen quite a few times that was repeated just the other day, where a cosmetologist was suing a lady who wasn't actually a licensed Dr or plastic surgeon after a procedure went wrong and she was expected to pay.

JJ turns to Byrd and makes a sarcastic comment as she clarified that the procedure was basically injecting poison into lines and wrinkles to smooth them out. JJ wasn't impressed.

She also thinks tattoos are ridiculous along with body piercings or anything else where pain or permanence is involved.

I know too much...:eek:

Yes you do! :D:D

She's great though! :D
  • Options
    TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I was disapointed to find out that when she awards against someone, they don't have to pay a penny. No wonder people who have a crap defence go on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disapointed to find out that when she awards against someone, they don't have to pay a penny. No wonder people who have a crap defence go on it.

What is the point of it if they don't have to pay then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a trailer for William Shatner interviewing Judge Judy on Bio this Friday at 9pm.

She definately looks like she has been under the knife.

And she has proper clothes on!!!!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judge Judy is probably the best thing on television.

If more judges were like her, I bet the country would be a better place.

I remember the first time I saw her in her usual attire. Its soooo strange.

I dont have Bio. Anybody want to tape it and YT it for me? =D

Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen a trailer for William Shatner interviewing Judge Judy on Bio this Friday at 9pm.

Thanks for that. I've just set a reminder for it. What an odd combo for an interview though. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I love Judge Judy! I watch newer episodes on youtube
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I understand it the production company pays any compensation she awards. Spoilt it a little for me as well but guess it was necessary to get people to be willing to appear.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member

I actually came in to mention this as well. :D
    sotek wrote: »
    As I understand it the production company pays any compensation she awards. Spoilt it a little for me as well but guess it was necessary to get people to be willing to appear.

At least, in the long run, people DO try and defend themselves, even knowing that they're not going to be out of pocket whichever way it goes. Plus you're on a lot of TV stations around the world if you make a twit of yourself.

The one that will be in my head forever was shown a few nights ago about a man who offered to look after his partners 21 cats (!) while she went on vacation! His actual trying to reason with JJ was just hilarious.

Did a quick scan on Youtube but couldn't find a clip off it. He was definitely hyped up anyway :D
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

The point of it is to make a show out of it ;)

I used to think Judge Judy was quite fair. In these new episodes she just seems to want to get as many catchphrases of hers in as she can, while rudely shouting over people and making up her own rules. If this is what she's like in 2002 i wonder how she acts in the new episodes in the US :eek:
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point of it is to make a show out of it ;)

If this is what she's like in 2002 i wonder how she acts in the new episodes in the US :eek:

Worrying, I think JJ is so fab she doesn't need gimmicks and I hope she hasn't moved even further away from the core of the show as it used to be.

I was concerned when they changed the opening sequence, adding (IMO) unnecessary drama to the introduction, highlighting the participants in the way that they introduce stars of shows at the beginning (I half expected the court participants to wave at the camera).

Back to the OP, the uplighting is more in evidence, but I don't give a rats behind (a JJism for you!) about that:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I saw that trailer and wondered who the woman reminded me of.
    I was shocked when they said it was JJ.
    She looks fantastic.

She cheated in a Chemistry exam :eek:
    Did I hear that right?
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Worrying, I think JJ is so fab she doesn't need gimmicks and I hope she hasn't moved even further away from the core of the show as it used to be.

I didn't necessarily mean gimmicks, I just meant her (now overused) catchphrases. The first couple of times she did the "that's what you're telling me, right? Right? WRONG!" thing was funny, now it's almost every episode. I did see a really good one on youtube when she (rightly) laid into this woman and her son. It looks like a newer one than the ones on ITV2. Let me find a link..
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PvxGY_21ifs
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that intoxication. I will have to watch it at home, I think watching JJ is frowned upon here, even though she is upholding all that is right.
    I really like the way she makes people accountable for their actions, eg parents taking responsibility for their children, telling former partners why they were wrong to rush into getting loans and other joint finance together. She also thinks that people should respect each other's property. I like that too!

My mum used to use the word "gimmicky" to describe when a TV company took something that naturally and surprisingly was good and popular, and realising they were on to a good thing they proceeded to overdo the bits that made it so. I hope this hasn't been done to JJ.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    For those who can't wait like me (watching while at lunch)

Shatner/Judge Judy Raw interview -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HQkyxurgIrQ&feature=PlayList&p=C312C3E8E0ACBD14&index=0&playnext=1
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,397
    Forum Member
    On the Bio channel on Sky William Shatner has his own chat show its called Raw Nerve JJ is on there think its Friday night it was only recorded in December.

Judge Judy
    Tuesday, December 23 10/9c

Host William Shatner and Judge Judy Sheindlin sit down for a one-on-one conversation. Shatner talks to Judge Judy about her childhood, marrying her husband twice and her mega-hit television series. Judge Judy gives some insight as to how she makes her quick and accurate judgments inside the courtroom.

LaineyT