Options

Have you ever been banned from any forums/groups/websites etc?

Comments

• Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been banned from DS twice once for two days and the second time for six days. All because a bunch of babies reported my posts because they dont like what I said. Not my fault I am strong opinionated, and tell it like it is. Babies dont like that you see.

Also I got banned from IMDb three times [I am on my fourth account there]. This is because I did the same mistake three times in a row. I started fighting with trolls. And guess what the trolls are still there to this day. The inocent seem to be the ones that get done on IMDb and the trolls walk free. Now though on IMDb [and on DS] I stick people on ignore, because if I dont, babies will report my posts for not backing down when they attack my view and give their own. Best to ignore the fools.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been banned from DS twice once for two days and the second time for six days. All because a bunch of babies reported my posts because they dont like what I said. Not my fault I am strong opinionated, and tell it like it is. Babies dont like that you see.

Also I got banned from IMDb three times [I am on my fourth account there]. This is because I did the same mistake three times in a row. I started fighting with trolls. And guess what the trolls are still there to this day. The inocent seem to be the ones that get done on IMDb and the trolls walk free. Now though on IMDb [and on DS] I stick people on ignore, because if I dont, babies will report my posts for not backing down when they attack my view and give their own. Best to ignore the fools.

I thought Digital Spy only banned you when you called a user a name? Or, anything that described what you thought they were in a negative way? It is a bit obvious as to when people try and provoke you though, through the use of smilies.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm just too boring to ever get banned :o ...and I quite like smilies :)
  • Options
    bjorkiiibjorkiii Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Been banned by a dating site plentyofifsh forum by a usa canadian cnut for being sarcastic and putting people in there places the stupid american basyatrds
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funny thing is, on the forum i run i basically let anything go - people can post what they like and i don't ban anyone.

so it makes it all the more amusing when i find i have to actually go through with that and ban someone afterall.

i've banned 3 people in 2 years though so it's not that bad :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only once for talking about bestiality... it was a discussion about evolution and I was pointing out how close we are genetically to chimps saying that horses and donkeys are further apart genetically and but they can even interbreed.... I did finish it off with "hey, I wonder if we can breed with chimps?!" :o

Maybe I should have just googled it lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was banned from a site called posh perfecation cant remmber why tho

nerally been banned from a site called freedom of speach
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the reason Digital Spy have to be strict for, is that they are running a buisness, so, if they just let users talk the way they wanted to each other, they'd likely run out of members very quickly, and, get a reputation of being a forum that you wouldn't want to be a part of. However, I do think that their strictness is a bit ridiculous at times though.
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got fed up with niggling temp bans so I started my own , now I can say what I like and I don't think I will be banning myself :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think the reason Digital Spy have to be strict for, is that they are running a buisness

Exactly - and they are one of the largest entertainment based websites in the country, so they'd be under increased scrutiny.

Anything libellous or illegal would be picked up on - the "Baby P" threads are a prime example because of the injunction preventing the naming of the mother.
  • Options
    Omega2009Omega2009 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I got banned from the Brownies when I was a kid, but that doesn't count.

I think DS have to be very careful as someone else said, especially around issues like the Baby P carry on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got fed up with niggling temp bans so I started my own , now I can say what I like and I don't think I will be banning myself :D

You have your own forum... :cool::cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I sail close to the wind sometimes:D

I have banned a few on my sites tho. You get some annoying spammers and idiots join just to wind people up. You can usually tell by the low post count.
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I got a telling off once. Does that count?
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been banned from a fans forum, because I made a judgement about the band, and the manager did not like what I had said

Have had a few bans here DS

My latest one which got me banned, was that I had place link, into some threads, which meant you got ricked rolled

Harmless fun, but I think someone out there dosnt have a sense of humour
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    No but I sail close to the wind sometimes:D

My sails are frequently luffing and sometimes 'taken aback'.

Both are nautical terms.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,306
    Forum Member
    I have been banned on here many times, mostly for things that wern't my fault. Aparetnly I wind people up and try and get a reaction out of them so they can be banned, which I must say is very me.

If I didn't like someone when I was at school I would just wind them up in the hope they would say something terrible and/or hit me, then I'd go and dob them in so they would get dention or be suspended. In most ocasions it worked but there were a couple that slipped through the net. To be fair although its a terrible thing to do, I probably would do it again if I had my time again. I have a nasty side, I'm not violent, just scheming and cunning. I love watching other people (who I dont like) get into trouble.

I would never do it on here again though, I'm on a final warning now and its not worth the risk!

Another forum I went on was Kos.Me where I was actually acussed of doing the same thing however yes to an extent I might have but on there I was very badly bullied. Mainly because I'm a bisexual- there was a lot of discrimination on there. I would report those being unkind to me (most of which was totally uncalled for) and because the mods belived I was just trying to get people in trouble they banned me. I supose its the story of cry wolfe but most of the people on that forum were arogant, rude mourons in any case.

I'm very outspoken, different and fiery- every mod's worst nightmare!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a telling off for calling Chanelle Hayes (is that her name) a money grabbing......

best not say it again - I still think it tho!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackrew wrote: »
    I have been banned on here many times, mostly for things that wern't my fault. Aparetnly I wind people up and try and get a reaction out of them so they can be banned, which I must say is very me.

If I didn't like someone when I was at school I would just wind them up in the hope they would say something terrible and/or hit me, then I'd go and dob them in so they would get dention or be suspended. In most ocasions it worked but there were a couple that slipped through the net. To be fair although its a terrible thing to do, I probably would do it again if I had my time again. I have a nasty side, I'm not violent, just scheming and cunning. I love watching other people (who I dont like) get into trouble.

I would never do it on here again though, I'm on a final warning now and its not worth the risk!

Another forum I went on was Kos.Me where I was actually acussed of doing the same thing however yes to an extent I might have but on there I was very badly bullied. Mainly because I'm a bisexual- there was a lot of discrimination on there. I would report those being unkind to me (most of which was totally uncalled for) and because the mods belived I was just trying to get people in trouble they banned me. I supose its the story of cry wolfe but most of the people on that forum were arogant, rude mourons in any case.

I'm very outspoken, different and fiery- every mod's worst nightmare!

Basically you mean that when people are talking shite, you challenge them on doing so, and when they cannot answer, or they cannot handle it, the inevitable happens! ;)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I got a telling off for calling Chanelle Hayes (is that her name) a money grabbing......

best not say it again - I still think it tho!

Oh dear, I've said as much about Sharon Shoesmith and probably much worse.

:o
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banned from here many times for relatively trivial matters although I have deserved one or 2 for not having too much time for certain posters. I don't lose any sleep over it, it's only a website after all.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big brother forum isn't worth going to. Some opinions that are bannable there are practically encouraged about other people!

I have had 2 short bans here, again for saying what I thought of a 'celebrity' on big brother and on SCD. The fans of some so called celebs are very touchy about anyone disagreeing with them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quite a few years ago on the old BBC message boards I alerted the mods to some one who was quite clearly spamming on the forum and I was the one who got banned..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,306
    Forum Member
    Larry1971 wrote: »
    quite a few years ago on the old BBC message boards I alerted the mods to some one who was quite clearly spamming on the forum and I was the one who got banned..

sometimes though mods are like that. They can't be bothered to sort out the people or persons that are casuing the trouble and just want it to go ignored so when someone reports it instead of sorting it out they ban the person who reported it, so they dont have to sort it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a warning on here recently. Apparently pointing out that football colours in Glasgow could possibly be linked with religious leanings could be seen as offensive. But apart from that no.