Options

TV adverts from years ago?

benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
Forum Member
Hi

Can any of you remember the TV adverts from say 20 years ago that stick in your mind like glue?

I can remember the Lion Bar advert from the early 90s where the "Wild Thing" song is played in the background.

The famous Shake N Vac TV ads.

The advert where a woman is sucking spaghetti from a dish.

Can anyone remember the ad where this 60-65 year old bald headed man is in his kitchen and the kitchen floor is submerged in 1 foot of water, and I think he opens the washing machine?

The sugar puffs ad where a schoolkid turns into the sugar puffs monster?

Polly Pocket adverts from 1992/1993.

Ben

Comments

• Options
    martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Kinder Surprise ad-once seen, never forgotten! :eek: :D
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that there are a few adverts that I am sure have been on for at least ten years, one that comes into mind is the advert for the Chelsea building society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many dodgy chatline ads that were on until recently were first shown in the 90s. I remember one in particular set in a gym-the woman was talking on a huge, brick-like mobile phone! :D
  • Options
    TiffletTifflet Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    From the early 90s the Insignia advert, found it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucWBoN4Dcs

used to love the music but watching it now it seems a bit naff
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt there used to be a advert with the song Missing you by John Waite? in it? Am sure that was a aftershave one too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    Didnt there used to be a advert with the song Missing you by John Waite? in it? Am sure that was a aftershave one too.

It may have been Insignia or Mandate-can't find anything on YouTube, though.

Talking of perfume and aftershave ads from the past, I loved this one for Limara body spray. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi

How about the Toys R Us adverts from years ago when they sang "Theres millions of prezzies all under one roof, Its called Toy R Us, Toys R Us, Toys R Us, Toys R us.

The Equilon stomach settlers ads.

Ben
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is one advert that scared me witless as a child. It was Ex-Directory or Next Directory with people with fangs. I was scared of teeth at the time. I have tried to find the advert on Youtube to no avail.

The Toys R Us adverts were good.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An advert for Barclaycard in the late 1980's, I think, featuring young work experience-type laddo:

"It's not all work, work, work."

There will be others. Bodyform, for example.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    You will wounder were the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.

A Mars a day helps you Work Rest and Play.

P.A.L Pal prolongs Active Life.

Hand that do dishes can feel soft as your face with mild green Fairy Liquid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Milkybar kid adverts.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 75,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Lip-smackin', thirst-quenchin, cool tastin' never endin'...................the cool taste of.. PEPSI..........................................!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    a million housewives everyday pick up a tin of beans and beans mean Heinz.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is one advert that scared me witless as a child. It was Ex-Directory or Next Directory with people with fangs. I was scared of teeth at the time. I have tried to find the advert on Youtube to no avail.

I have a copy of that advert actually!
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    benny1982 wrote: »
    Hi

How about the Toys R Us adverts from years ago when they sang "Theres millions of prezzies all under one roof, Its called Toy R Us, Toys R Us, Toys R Us, Toys R us.

Ben
    Indeed, here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5JKRdtALcc

And it was sung by a DS forum member no less!! (Lyndahayes)

edit: almost forgot, she sang the Irn Brew advert too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkcjUdunb4
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrigley's chewing gum around 1990 with all right now playing in the background
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    Many dodgy chatline ads that were on until recently were first shown in the 90s. I remember one in particular set in a gym-the woman was talking on a huge, brick-like mobile phone! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGcE7IvCTs

or ones like this :D
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cadbury's Smash Martians - rolling about on the floor laughing at the thought of humans actually boiling & mashing up potatoes!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    benny1982 wrote: »
    Hi

The Equilon stomach settlers ads.

Ben

I was rather fond of that one
  • Options
    brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i rememeber an advert for Butlins, where they blew the place up, cant find it anywhere would love to see it again

the other advert that sticks in my mind is the milkyway advert where the red car and the blue car had a race
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brokendav wrote: »
    i rememeber an advert for Butlins, where they blew the place up, cant find it anywhere would love to see it again

the other advert that sticks in my mind is the milkyway advert where the red car and the blue car had a race

...and all red wanted to do was stuff his face, he eats everything he sees - from trucks to prickley tree but smart old blue he eats the milky way - love it!!!
  • Options
    Bendy WendyBendy Wendy Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full moon. Half moon. Total eclipse. :cool:
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British Gas ad with the dog, cat & mouse. loved it:)
  • Options
    bandersist2008bandersist2008 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mummy says I'm going to be a proper little madam!!!! :D